• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genie (Disney), Jafar (Disney), and Chaos (Disney) Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the Genie is more muscular and far stronger than a regular human when at his regular size as well.

Jason suggested a new calculation in the blog that would give a High 5-A result.

I previously replied with a too freespoken answer about the overall trend, that I removed quickly to avoid controversy, but generally speaking, Japan and other Asian cultures still tend to try to encourage healthy striving for self-improvement and hard work in their fiction, whereas western literature generally... does not, in a more generally applied sense.

I think that this is likely one of the main reasons why manga is selling much better than western superhero comicbooks nowadays.

The best manga encourage true heroism in a relatable form in terms of the attitude that is required for it, whereas modern western superhero comicbooks... do not, and I should probably leave it at that.

Last edited:
I previously replied with a too freespoken answer about the overall trend, that I removed quickly to avoid controversy, but generally speaking, Japan and other Asian cultures still tend to try to encourage healthy striving for self-improvement and hard work in their fiction, whereas western literature generally... does not, in a more generally applied sense.

I think that this is likely one of the main reasons why manga is selling much better than western superhero comicbooks nowadays.

The best manga encourage true heroism in a relatable form in terms of the attitude that is required for it, whereas modern western superhero comicbooks... do not, and I should probably leave it at that.
Ant, this isn't a Marvel/DC CRT, don't worry about controversy, although thanks for keeping certain aspects to yourself to stay safe.

Anyways, it seems that all that's left is to evaluate the calculation then change the tiering accordingly.

I am unable to comment on the blog (and other blogs too) for some reason. I don't know if it's related but I also can't comment on message walls. My profile page says "blocked", but I see nothing in my ban log for the reason I am banned or if I am banned at all. I can edit pages though, so it seems that I am not banned.

It seems like DMUA has already accepted the Dwarf Star level KE result, but you can comment as well if you wish.

Is somebody willing to apply the new statistics to Genie, Jafar, and the other characters that scale from them?

Bump.

I would still greatly appreciate if somebody who knows how to edit properly would be willing to apply these statistics changes.

Yes, along with the tier categories, and you need to link to the calculation for Genie as well.

Thanks a lot for helping out.

Genie, Jafar, Mirage, and Chaos, I think. Chaos is enormously more powerful though.

Whoever this is messed with the edits

I have unlocked Chaos.

LIFE_OF_KING made a mistake and changed things back afterwards.

Genie performed the High 5-A feat in his freed state. His imprisoned state and Jafar should probably get "At least High 5-A" for being stronger.

Mirage created a magic monolith that Genie could not break, so she should probably be stronger than him. I am not sure if an "At least" rating is warranted though.

Chaos is enormously more powerful than everybody else in the series with the exception of Fate, who was never shown in person. "Likely far higher" seems warranted.

So to make sure I got this right
Genie: At least High 5-A | High 5-A
Jafar: At least High 5-A
Mirage: High 5-A
Chaos: At least High 5-A, likely far higher
Is this correct? Don't want to make any mistakes.

That is correct, yes. Thanks a lot for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back