• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disney Genies Upgrade Attempt (Again)

Whelp. I'm back at it again. Time to see if this goes well. I'm here to upgrade Genie to either 3-A or Low 2-C as well as others who you wouldn't be expecting simultaneously. Whelp... Here I go:

• The First Movie isn't the only time he states he has some power over the Universe as a Genie.
He says it again in "Return of Jafar", heavily hinting it wasn't something said in the spur of gaining power:

" It is the curse of the lamp. All the power in the universe,,, and I am bound by the rules of the genie! Which means I can't kill that upstart Aladdin "

• Secondly, Aziz has a very similar statement to the above meaning it wasn't just a one of... In "Destiny of Fire":
"I've got the power of the world, man! The universe! It even blows my mind!"

Why is this Important ? Because Genie stomps the heck out of Aziz until Genie was caught by a sneak attack:

Genie: Okay. We've got a delicate situation here! But there's someone everyone listens to. (poofs into a lady with a trunk/chest beside him) Mom! That will be quite enough, young man. Time to put your toys away! (Aziz gasps. He and the orange magic are sucked into the chest.)

Aziz: (flies from the chest, flaming green) How DARE you!

Genie: Now, don't make me the bad guy. You've had enough fun for one day! Time for bed! (turns the chest into a bed)

Aziz: No!

Aladdin: Rasoul, look. (The green magic around him disappears, and his horns/ears catch fire. He puts them out with his hands.)

Aziz: D'oh!

Genie: Still wound up are we?

This is supported by Aladdin's statement prior that Aziz wasn't anything to said Depowered Genie: Aladdin: (being pull to Aziz by the vine) Give it up, Aziz. You don't have half the power of—

Aziz: Your genie? Why don't you join me in the throne room? We'll see who has real power after I destroy your true blue friend!

• Another statement that the power of random spices of magic, nothing special, has the power to make someone "masters of the space-time continuum"
Iago: Spice! Get your magic spice! (grabs a passing man by the beard) Hey, Bosco! You should buy some magic spice.

Man: Magic? What kind of magic?

Genie: Mastery of the time-space continuum?

Man: Hmm... I give you five coppers.

Genie: Sold, for five coppers!

Iago: Take a hike, you hyena!

It makes no sense for some magic spices to be "superior" to the Genies, even a little bit. Especially with multitude of statements hyping the Genies as being on another level of magic in comparison to amateur magic such as this.

This would scale to a few characters from Aladdin: Depowered and Fully Powered Genie, Jafar, Chaos, and likely another show [Ahem Sofia the First] but that is for another thread and that's if tier 3-2 is accepted.

I don't like how The 2nd Existential Seed is showing up the same statements rejected to mean universal in tier as if they were to do mean that. They don't, they wouldn't even be added in their profiles as context of their tier should the characters somehow became universal.

They were in the other thread which wasn't linked here due to reasons that are better to speculate rather than to mention.

@Eficience All you stated previously was in a nutshell that it wasn't Universal without really going into detail. All I'm doing is asking for more feedback from others to see what they think Efi.... Because just you and Antvasima won't cut it [No disrespect to either of you].

1: We've rated people Low 2-C based solely on the premise of affecting the space-time continuum. Being it's masters should be treated as Low 2-C since it literally is only aforementioned in this way and no further context is provided. Easies solution is the best one.

2: Context. Genie magic [in general] & Sand magic was capable of "Unraveling the Universe" [the Sand Magic episode] in context would mean Low 2-C, especially if we consider the Shadow World , which was described as a separate Universe during a separate episode called "Shadow Knows" [I'm not arguing 2-C here but it is a possibility with including this episode]. We also know context wise Sand Magic in this context could be considered equally contributing to the feat because it's a dual effort to do it... The results would still end up in the Universal range.

3: in the episode "Chaos" involving the deity we have on profile with the same namesake, he quite literally reset the Universe / Episode.... While Depowered..If at least 1 of these is accurate it should result in an upgrade. Also, remember he stated his power are "Semi-Cosmic", meaning his powers he still thought were cosmic in scale, just not as much as before he was freed... Which actually backs up the intent behind Jafar's statement in both episodes.

Link the other thread if you are literally going to do the same thing and even personally ask other users to comment here, those not opposing you on this before.

This statements meaning universal is the most dogmatic thing I have been in this month, I can't do much here 'cuz you will still believe this is universal. Why do I need to express my opinion on this again? Why wasn't this continued in the other thread? I already said everything that I had to say about this in the other thread, so please link that here. I don't think I'm going to say anything new as I don't think anything new needs to be said about this matter.

I honestly think this seems too flowery, or things like "mastery of the space-time continuum" don't truly qualify for a specific tier, but rather hax. Unless there is some more context I am missing.

I think that Eficiente makes sense. We should probably close this.

Back