• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

When they used the word 'seemed' they are talking about its appearance. from heaven's point of view, the IMMENSITY of creation seemed spangled. creation is immense but heaven sees it as tiny little sparkles....this is qualitative superiority.
Again, Heaven was never stated to view creation as tiny little sparkles. It said creation appeared to be spangled, which just means creation appeared to be sparkling from Heaven. The word "appear" is objectively vague. If it was meant to be literal, "was spangled and blurred" would have been stated instead of "seemed spangled and blurred". Qualitative transcendences require explicit evidences here to count, not vague ones.
I don't see how any of these correlate with viewing a 2-A structure as spangled. Im talking about literal universes and structures while you're bringing up the most irrelevant analogies such as tigers and humans...
Immortal brought up cats, and I presented an analogy. An analogy isn't something that is an exact equal, it's a separate case that has similarities with the original case. My analogies were presented to prove the word "seemed" is vague, and I established that. It's your job now to prove "seemed" in the context was being used literally.

The word "spangled" means "covered with spangles", which doesn't make sense literally. You are changing the wording to "Heaven saw creation as sparkles", which was not what was stated. It didn't even say creation appeared as spangles but instead spangled. There's a key difference.

Creation simply appeared to be glittering to the Archangel.
What are the current conclusions and what do we need to do here?
We don't have to do anything right now since this is not the Tiering thread, but the blog for the split said Heaven was Low 1-C with the reasoning that it was stated to transcend creation, when our FAQ explicitly says statements transcendence is not grounds for any kind of superiority, and much less a qualitative one. So I just disagreed with the blog.

Can somebody summarise your issue of contention please? If you are arguing about our ongoing DC Comics cosmology revision, it is inappropriate to do so here.

Godspeed is alive in Flash one minute wars special, no explanation on how his alive after Eobard thawne snapped his neck.

I really need to get back to my Wonder Woman revision… but I just can’t be bothered lmao

I might make a profile for Mercy Graves in the meantime, or work on revising Zatanna or one of the street tiers.

To be more clear on the event from Deadly Green, TGD was transforming into different avatars of his, and before Lucifer, he transformed into Trigon and UDM.

Perphaps he turned into beings Constantine has faced but when did Constantine face Lucifer morningstar that's he'd turn into him last?

Perphaps he turned into beings Constantine has faced but when did Constantine face Lucifer morningstar that's he'd turn into him last?
I think Lucifer himself was just an avatar of TGD, and the events of Lucifer 2018 were completely turned upside-down

Lucifer Vol 3. One of the writers of The Deadly Green was Dan Watters.

Back