• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

jim corrigan Spectre has consistently shown to be weaker than Hal Jordan Spectre and Unbound Spectre . He got bodied by parllax and Antimonitor.

Hal Spectre was the only version who could use the power of logos without getting overwhelmed and considered to be the stronger than any Green lantern entities like Parallax.
Hal could only use the power of the Logos when he was sent beyond the threshold of consciousness.

The Parallax that Corrigan faced was amped by the chronal energy and residual energy of the Anti Monitor.

The scan you posted compares Spectre's power to a Green Lantern not to the Entities. Even then the fact that Hal was losing control makes it look worse.

Then again Hal Spectre is canonically weaker than Corrigan unless the whole "stripping of power" was changed.

It would be pretty inconsistent to rate The Phantom stranger and The spectre to 2A ;high 1C- 1B based on single statement.
jim corrigan Spectre has consistently shown to be weaker than Hal Jordan Spectre and Unbound Spectre . He got bodied by parllax and Antimonitor.

Hal Spectre was the only version who could use the power of logos without getting overwhelmed and considered to be the stronger than any Green lantern entities like Parallax.

Unbound Spectre is the strongest Spectre . He destroyed the lord of orders and chaos.
Unbound spectre could honestly get way higher than we have him now. If he wasn't stomped, he would've destroyed all of DC's magic. He's also affected people like Mxyzptlk, depowered Animal Man (who was gonna get upgraded but his threat got Necro'd) and took on Shazam empowered with literally all magic on earth

I was thinking spectre might have Low 1-C durability because he took a blast from a 5D Imp
pKsBc0G.jpg

No. The ongoing Heralds discussion doesn't apply to New-52, only Rebirth. The scaling for Superrman to these two characters comes from N52. Also, the thread hasn't even remotely reached a consensus yet, so I don't know why you're assuming it will be accepted.
Actually there is a way.

Rebirth Superman can be scaled to Hellbat, and Hellbat can be scaled to N52 Supes.

Where is it stated Zero Hour=COIE if I may ask?
This should be wrong. Zero House Parallax had only absorbed residual energy of Anti Monitor. It should be just referring to the fact that Hal was erasing the Universe.

It seems very doubtful given that there was only a single DC universe at the time, yes.

Hate to do this but are there other reasons for Pre Crisis having a "possibly 2A" than this:
The first point is fine at face value but it adds confusion when it comes to scaling. Xenofobe says that Superman's punches were equal to if not above the energies of the entire Green Lantern Corps, which is odd if not a bit outlierish, especially when Jordan is supposed to scale to him.
Maaldor was very much not 2A. He had created links with interlocked dimensions. The madness that infected him and was killing him would spread through the link doing the same to other universes. Phantom Stranger even says that in the scan. Its an overtime chain reaction that Maaldor shouldn't even scale to as he would die before hand.
The other part is that Superman himself doesn't scale to Maaldor in anyway. Superman is toyed by him in the same Issue. And in his previous appearances.

Maaldor's consciousness itself seems to be weak to forces opposite nature to his Universe:

There is also the point that Joker had usurped power equal to Maalador and was helping Superman fight him. So, I can see the problem in using these scans a bit.

is the mansion of silence 5D or 6D in the blog? i was thinking 6D because its beyond heaven (5D) and it houses thousands and thousands of creations

mansion of silence 5D or 6D in the blog? i was thinking 6D because its beyond heaven (5D) and it houses thousands and thousands of creations
Why is Heaven being rated as 5-D? Why would being outside of Heaven be rated as 6-D?

Heaven is not 2A or 1C. It simply exists outside the creation in vertigo.

The Presence itself would only be 2A without scaling from composite Cosmology.
I agree with this. Under composite I think the Presence comfortably reaches 1A-High 1A depending on your scalings, but Vertigo on its own isn't that impressive.

Back