• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

Uhhh dodge?

This is the opponent I was talking about. If captain cold doesn’t work, you got any other ideas?

It wasn’t.

It wasn’t.
Thank you lordtracer

can we have a link to his power ring in the standard equipment profile though?

GL Ring, GL Power Battery (Which is used to recharge the ring and is stored in another reality, however they usually don't carry it around with them)

Its a mess. From what I remember, Doomsday Clock was supposed to reboot it. But Geoff Johns was very late in finishing it so we had Rebirth stories going on while Doomsday Clock was also ongoing.

Was the plan ever rebooting it though? Johns said that was never the case, they just wanted to re-introduce the JSA and the original Teen Titans. All the N52 stuff is canon to Rebirth because Rebirth is just a new phase, a new seal for the comic like Marvel Now or DC YOU.

It's really weird seeing characters like Hal Jordan having 4 keys when he was never rebooted since Pre Crisis.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Might create a thread to change that.

Many of you don't know, but I'm reading all of PC Batman and adding feats here. Really hurts to see the most famous version of the biggest fictional character ever having a shitty profile like that one we have.

Was the plan ever rebooting it though? Johns said that was never the case, they just wanted to re-introduce the JSA and the original Teen Titans. All the N52 stuff is canon to Rebirth because Rebirth is just a new phase, a new seal for the comic like Marvel Now or DC YOU.

It's really weird seeing characters like Hal Jordan having 4 keys when he was never rebooted since Pre Crisis.
Technically, it can be argued that New 52 Hal is different from this Pre Flashpoint self.

Separating Pre Crisis and Post Crisis Hal was due to the scaling shenanigans. Not something I agree with but eh.

Personally, I'd give Hal different profiles like what guys like Goku has, since Hal does have different keys in each era.

Though I think another reason we separate Rebirth and New 52 is because some Rebirth guys merged with their PC selves or something? Idk. It's weird

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Might create a thread to change that.

Many of you don't know, but I'm reading all of PC Batman and adding feats here. Really hurts to see the most famous version of the biggest fictional character ever having a shitty profile like that one we have.

I'm mostly kind of fine with New 52 and Rebirth merged tbh. Also good job.

Technically, it can be argued that New 52 Hal is different from this Pre Flashpoint self.
Yeah, but it's weird that they "ignored" COIE, Hal's last PC run is continued in Pos Flashpoint. Same story. Though I'm mostly concerned about Hal being rebooted in COEI, he wasn't.
Separating Pre Crisis and Post Crisis Hal was due to the scaling shenanigans. Not something I agree with but eh.
Well, it directly contradicts the lore, we're basically telling we can ignore the canon because it doesn't fit OUR standards or ideas, like, that makes no sense with what we do, wich is powerscaling. I agree with you on this one.
Personally, I'd give Hal different profiles like what guys like Goku has, since Hal does have different keys in each era.
IIRC he had 2 profiles. I'm fine with Pre and Post Flashpoint Hal.
Though I think another reason we separate Rebirth and New 52 is because some Rebirth guys merged with their PC selves or something? Idk. It's weird
Some do, like Superman. He's the same from PC, and it can be argued that Pre Crisis makes part of the continuity now. Some don't, like Batman. Should be a case by case thing tbh, not scream "Rebirth is a reboot" when it clearly isn't.
I'm mostly kind of fine with New 52 and Rebirth merged tbh. Also good job.
Merged for characters that don't have any differences, like Batman. Superman is fine being changed. Thanks btw, it's a lot of content and I'm sure the profile will receive a massive improvement in the next few months.

Yeah, but it's weird that they "ignored" COIE, Hal's last PC run is continued in Pos Flashpoint.
My personal intepretation is that a similar version of events that happened in PC happened in PFP. Like Emerald Twilight didn't happen in PFP but a similar event happened where the GLC got dismantled.

Well, it directly contradicts the lore, we're basically telling we can ignore the canon because it doesn't fit OUR standards or ideas, like, that makes no sense with what we do, wich is powerscaling. I agree with you on this one.
Same can be said for guys like Barry and Thawne.

IIRC he had 2 profiles. I'm fine with Pre and Post Flashpoint Hal.
I think that's alright. I do plan to tackle Hal at some point, but I'm still busy with Speedsters

Should be a case by case thing tbh, not scream "Rebirth is a reboot" when it clearly isn't.
Should I separate Post Flashpoint Barry into his N52 and Rebirth? Like he isn't completely different in Rebirth, but he gains a lot of past memories and abilities that he only had in Pre Flashpoint.

I'm currently reworking all of Barry's profiles except his Pre Crisis one.

Should I separate Post Flashpoint Barry into his N52 and Rebirth? Like he isn't completely different in Rebirth, but he gains a lot of past memories and abilities that he only had in Pre Flashpoint.

I'm currently reworking all of Barry's profiles except his Pre Crisis one.
Was Barry even rebooted? I mean, he died during COIE, so he remained the same character when he came back during the end of Pos Crisis. He then caused the Flashpoint, he wasn't rebooted, was he? Isn't Barry the same since Pre Crisis? He didn't have a chance to be rebooted, he was either dead or was the cause.

I think something like "Eventually received his past memories back as well as a new set of power, wich include.....", a whole new key isn't necessary imo. Though I think he is still the same character since pre crisis, DC just changed a lot of the speedsters concept, adding speed force, lore, some retcons etc.
I think that's alright. I do plan to tackle Hal at some point, but I'm still busy with Speedsters
I'll help when time comes.

Was Barry even rebooted? I mean, he died during COIE, so he remained the same character when he came back during the end of Pos Crisis.
Post-Crisis Barry is the exact same guy as his Pre Crisis self, yeah.

He then caused the Flashpoint, he wasn't rebooted, was he? Isn't Barry the same since Pre Crisis? He didn't have a chance to be rebooted, he was either dead or was the cause.
He was rebooted because of Dr Manhattan. Though after contact with Wally West, he sorta started remembering most of the stuff before the Flashpoint, though there some things he doesn't remember, like him marrying Iris or his future kids.

Post-Crisis Barry is the exact same guy as his Pre Crisis self, yeah.
Great, so maybe both profiles should be merged.
He was rebooted because of Dr Manhattan. Though after contact with Wally West, he sorta started remembering most of the stuff before the Flashpoint, though there some things he doesn't remember, like him marrying Iris or his future kids.
Fine, do you have any draft of what the profiles should look like? I'm fine with Pre Flashpoint and Post Flashpoint Barry. Not sure about N52 and Rebirth changes though, need to be discussed a bit more if it wasn't already.

Fine, do you have any draft of what the profiles should look like? I'm fine with Pre Flashpoint and Post Flashpoint Barry.
As of now, no. I am planning to do that after the current CRT is done.

Though recently, I started reworking New 52 and Rebirth pages separately. I haven't uploaded all my scans to the wiki yet however.

No. The Spectre thing wasn't used before as far as I am aware. The Writer supposedly transcended all levels of reality no matter what because he is supposed to be in the real world.

A few questions about Batman.

What is the difference between post-crisis and post-flashpoint? Aren't they techinally the same nowadays? And who is better fighter and prep time between those two?

A few questions about Batman.

What is the difference between post-crisis and post-flashpoint? Aren't they techinally the same nowadays? And who is better fighter and prep time between those two?
The continuity changed for Batman. He was rebooted.

But essentially, he is still the same character.

Well, Rebirth reintroduced a lot of Post-Crisis history to the Post-Flashpoint version of Superman, which affected other characters as well, and after the messily handled combination of Doomsday Clock and Death Metal, it seems like many of the characters remember even their Pre-Crisis histories.

Well, Rebirth reintroduced a lot of Post-Crisis history to the Post-Flashpoint version of Superman, which affected other characters as well, and after the messily handled combination of Doomsday Clock and Death Metal, it seems like many of the characters remember even their Pre-Crisis histories.
Shouldn't the Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint profiles merge too?

No, they were initially completely different continuities thanks to Dan Didiot and Jim Lee severely messing things up for many years.

Back