• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove Anti-Music from Barbatos AP

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Currently, Barbatos is "2-C, possibly 2-A, Low 1-C via Anti-Music" and the reasoning for the Low Complex Multiverse tier is the following: (Shook the strings of the multiverse and disrupted the multiverse with his scream). First, the strings of the multiverse are a very vague thing and even though in a later story by the same author the Seven Forces of the Universe are described as "strings stretched across the instrument that is the multiverse", it shouldn't be used to justify Barbatos' Attack Potency.

We should remove it.

I wouldn't agree that “Anti-Music” should be Low 1-C. We also know that it was distributing reality but it didn't do much more than that. I agree with the OP.

Last edited:
Shaking =/= destroying, I can shake my dad's car but that doesn't me car level. So yeah it always confuses me why this is used for Low 1-C.
Hell nah, i agree he should be downgraded but this right here is nonsense.
Low 1-C is higher level of infinity, he is literally shaking higher level of infinity and not some 3-D object inside it.
Better comparison would be shaking infinite universe instead.

Shaking =/= destroying, I can shake my dad's car but that doesn't me car level. So yeah it always confuses me why this is used for Low 1-C.
Funny analogy but I understand what you mean. Shaking a universe isn't even 3-A but 4-A or 3-C if memory serves. Here, Barbatos was shaking fifty-two universes with his scream but wasn't destroying them. He wanted to sink all fifty-two universes into the Dark Multiverse, and then Barbatos would proceed to destroy them one by one as established in a what-if story explaining what would have happened if Barbatos would have won during Dark Nights: Metal.

Funny analogy but I understand what you mean. Shaking a universe isn't even 3-A but 4-A or 3-C if memory serves. Here, Barbatos was shaking fifty-two universes with his scream but wasn't destroying them. He wanted to sink all fifty-two universes into the Dark Multiverse, and then Barbatos would proceed to destroy them one by one as established in a what-if story explaining what would have happened if Barbatos would have won during Dark Nights: Metal.
It was distorting the law of physics but that was about it.

Additionally, the story Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal established how Barbatos proceeds to destroy universes, he did so with a reality-obliterating ability called deathwave. Even though this story is not part of the current canon, it is a story written by the same author, Scott Snyder, explaining what would have happened if Barbatos had won during Metal.

To be noted: While not a tier 1 feat (so agreed it should be downgraded), that's at the very least a tier 2 feat, since he's affecting space-time directly (threatening to straight up change their localization into another multiverse).

To be noted: While not a tier 1 feat (so agreed it should be downgraded), that's at the very least a tier 2 feat, since he's affecting space-time directly (threatening to straight up change their localization into another multiverse).

A Low 2-C or a 2-C feat? He was shaking fifty-two universes and disrupted their laws of physics and universal frequencies, that all.

Just noting he threatened to disrupt the space-time of the 52 universes, warping their laws of physics which would've resulted in them being swallowed by the dark multiverse.

As I'm understanding the profile, this doesn't scale to his physicals, correct? So just leave it in the AP section.

Just noting he threatened to disrupt the space-time of the 52 universes, warping their laws of physics which would've resulted in them being swallowed by the dark multiverse.

As I'm understanding the profile, this doesn't scale to his physicals, correct? So just leave it in the AP section.
You are correct. Anti-Music is the reality-disrupting noise of Barbatos's scream.

@Antvasima @Deagonx what do you think about this? We downgrade the Barbatos' Anti-Music to 2-C?

We know that Barabtos Anti-Music was shaking the strings of the Multiverse referenced heavily upon Morrison's idea that everything has a vibrational frequency. It affected the Multiverse in the form of the Orrery and was distorting the law of physics. Unless it does more than that and we're missing context then that's a solid 2-C feat.

Last edited:
Like everyone has pointed out, this should be fine to apply. I definitely agree with Verygoofytoddler about Morrison establishing everything in the multiverse having a different vibrational frequency which is part of the reason why Barbatos could perform the feat. Also agree with Lephyr's point that Barbatos was just going to disrupt the laws of physics which would drop it down into the dark multiverse.

Like everyone has pointed out, this should be fine to apply. I definitely agree with Verygoofytoddler about Morrison establishing everything in the multiverse having a different vibrational frequency which is part of the reason why Barbatos could perform the feat. Also agree with Lephyr's point that Barbatos was just going to disrupt the laws of physics which would drop it down into the dark multiverse.
Yes, Barbatos disrupted the vibrational frequencies of the Orrery of Worlds with his Anti-Music, which made the laws of physics fall like dominoes. Like Lephyr said, it could fall into Significantly Affecting.

Personally, Barbatos should be 3-A by killing the World Forger who should be on this tier, and 2-C with his Anti-Music.

Yes. Feel free to do so.

I will unlock Barbatos' page. Tell me here when you are done please.

Back