• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

im not even sure how they got possibly 1-A
From my impression, Ultima used to assign complete aleph-level or beyond transcendence tiers far too easily, but seems to have reconsidered this approach more recently. Then again, higher-order mathematics are not my area.

Higher dimensions being irrelevant to a structures size is most probably 1-A from what i understand

But for some reason the blog claims thats lucifers statement
"It is a matter of perception. There is no time here. And no space. So all things are layered on themselves endlessly and perception twists around its own axis until its blinded by fullness, crippled by infinite repetition,"
Is supposedly intended to refer to dimensions?

Hmm.. where would this feat put Post Crisis Supes?

main-qimg-a83da7c032b8726bdb26fc9c1c3696a9-pjlq.jpeg-1.jpg
You could have just used Superman making a bigass hole in the Source Wall in the same series.

I cannot see the last submitted image. Discord links do not seem to work here.

I can't overstate how opposed I am to the idea of upgrading a character based on removing a staff from the Source Wall rather than combat feats. I don't think it's scalable, period.
What i know is anything out of infinity is still infinity, so superman would easily scale to the source wall but that would be regarded as outlier as Source wall is 1-A last I checked.

What i know is anything out of infinity is still infinity,
No it isn't. Any fraction of infinity is infinity, but the staff is not a fraction, it is a finite piece. Infinity - 5 = infinity, but 5 =/= infinity simply because it's being removed from infinity.

What I mean is that source wall absorbs beings and stuff so it being able to also take High-father staff makes the staff one with the wall before superman took it off, which would mean superman took a chunk of it's infinity. If source wall is 1-A or lesser that would be superman tier as he could take a chunk of it which mean he affected such structure. Besides i personally don't want anyone to use this to upgrade superman.

What I mean is that source wall absorbs beings and stuff so it being able to also take High-father staff makes the staff one with the wall before superman took it off, which would mean superman took a chunk of it's infinity.
I understood your point. What I am trying to explain to you is that your point is wrong. The intuitive notion of equating a "chunk" of something as a fraction does not always apply to infinity. A finite piece of an infinity set can be removed. The fact that the wall is infinite does not transfer to the staff necessarily.

If source wall is 1-A or lesser that would be superman tier as he could take a chunk of it which mean he affected such structure.
He did not meaningfully affect the 1-A Wall, the same way removing 5 from infinity would not meaningfully affect infinity.

If I may throw my hat in the ring, I think it makes more sense for the Source Wall to emanate in a lower dimensional form in lower dimensional planes.

While I do get the point of the Infinity example, that's different. If you take a finite amount off of an Infinite 3D wall, yeah, that would be finite 3D. But, this is relative to the dimensionality of what you're affecting, for example, if you took a finite amount off of an Infinite 4D wall, that'd be finite 4D. In this case, where he takes a finite amount off of a wall beyond dimensions, he's still affecting something far beyond 3 dimensions. I also don't get how a wall that's beyond dimensions can exist in a 3D space, so it just makes more sense for the wall to emanate in lower forms imo.

Yeah even I believe the source wall varies according to the dimension or realm it's at in that particular moment as it stretches everywhere.
I understood your point. What I am trying to explain to you is that your point is wrong. The intuitive notion of equating a "chunk" of something as a fraction does not always apply to infinity. A finite piece of an infinity set can be removed. The fact that the wall is infinite does not transfer to the staff necessarily.

He did not meaningfully affect the 1-A Wall, the same way removing 5 from infinity would not meaningfully affect infinity.
Still isn't affecting a 1-A structure still 1-A? Or whatever tier the source wall will become or is.

I personally say yes..he didn't even shake it, but took a chunk out of such construct, that's why I say the source wall tier varies according to the dimension or realm it's at.

I am actually talking about how Superman was struggling with this despite being Solar System level.
Superman is a Varies tier. He’s not always Solar System level.
That is correct, yes.

Speaking of which, is somebody willing to investigate if we should upgrade Post-Rebirth Supergirl and other characters on her level to 4-A?

Unfortunately I can’t help with that, I just started a huge revision project (still for DC, but for another character), so I’m not gonna be able to help until it’s done.

Okay. Can you link to it here please?

Okay. That seems good to me. Thank you for helping out.

If I may throw my hat in the ring, I think it makes more sense for the Source Wall to emanate in a lower dimensional form in lower dimensional planes.

While I do get the point of the Infinity example, that's different. If you take a finite amount off of an Infinite 3D wall, yeah, that would be finite 3D. But, this is relative to the dimensionality of what you're affecting, for example, if you took a finite amount off of an Infinite 4D wall, that'd be finite 4D. In this case, where he takes a finite amount off of a wall beyond dimensions, he's still affecting something far beyond 3 dimensions. I also don't get how a wall that's beyond dimensions can exist in a 3D space, so it just makes more sense for the wall to emanate in lower forms imo.
Is there any proof of different levels of Source Wall? The only thing I know is that the Source Wall is constant while the rest of the Multiverse vibrates at different frequencies. That's why the source wall surround both a single Universe and the entire Multiverse since it only has to surround one single space. This is more prevalent in Morrison's Cosmology.

Back