• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

I kinds like 4-B heralds
Well, we should try our best to provide accurate information, regardless if it is higher or lower what either of us like.
Anyways Dark crisis is one of the worst books I read this year.
Yes, I didn't like it either. Very pointless, poorly written, and just about attacking and demonising all of the fans who prefer the 1970s, 1980s, or 1990s superhero comic book writing styles, and for characterisations to be reasonably consistent, as usual for Marvel and DC Comics in recent years.

Well, we should try our best to provide accurate information, regardless if it is higher or lower what either of us like.
I agree just i'm used to that tier for them.

Yes, I didn't like it either. Very pointless, poorly written, and just about attacking and demonising all of the fans who prefer the 1970s, 1980s, or 1990s superhero comic book writing styles, and for characterisations to be reasonably consistent, as usual for Marvel and DC Comics in recent years.
Very true compared to then modern comics are meh and DC has a way to ruin characters and retcon their history like it's nothing, I don't know for others but I can't wait for this arc to be over. It had potential but fell off to me.

Well, I agree with the aim of introducing more ethnically, culturally, and sexually diverse characters. It is the tendency to completely change character personalities; destroy, demonise, and marginalise popular older characters that are not considered sufficiently diverse by the writers; greatly rewrite established continuity with worse ideas than previously; and increasingly turn the settings more corrupt, morbid, nihilistic/materialistic, and dystopian that I have a problem with.

Last edited:
Well, I agree with the aim of introducing more ethnically, culturally, and sexually diverse characters. It is the tendency to completely change character personalities; destroy, demonise, and marginalise popular older characters that are not considered sufficiently diverse by the writers; greatly rewrite established continuity with worse ideas than previously; and increasingly turn the settings more corrupt, morbid, nihilistic/materialistic, and dystopian that I have a problem with.
the watchman possibly ruined comics now every one wants to be them leading to stuff like that

You're very correct, I even heard Tom Taylor had to cancel a book cause I didn't make good sales mostly due to the character's sexual desire and all that kinda stuff. DC comic books this year aren't really good but it's my personal opinion.

As I’m working on revising Wonder Woman, I’ve found that her profile is really missing a lot of stuff. So far, I haven’t even finished her appearances from 1988, and I’ve found nine new powers for Diana herself, one for her Bracelets of Submission and five for the Lasso of Truth.

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out, LordTracer. It is very appreciated.

Could someone elaborate on why Darkseid is still not Outerversal despite this?

unknown-1.png
unknown-2.png
unknown-3.png
unknown-4.png

Could someone elaborate on why Darkseid is still not Outerversal despite this?
1) the cosmology revisions are ongoing and Williamson's works haven't yet been codified into a full cosmology to begin with

2) No one has made a Darkseid CRT since the comic came out

3) You'd also have to explain what you think is outerversal about it (I also don't know which tier that refers to.)

Yes, fans often want to squeeze as high statistics as possible out of their favourite verses, and since Marvel and DC have long histories, attempts to prove that can easily turn into contradictory messes.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind at all if we talk more about recent storylines instead.

Sorry. You're leaving a lot to the imagination here. What does Death Metal have to do with Darkseid?
Death Metal if I am not wrong contain 2 1-A characters, and Darkseid exists even beyond that?
Why is Spectre relevant?
Because he is 1-A? Am I getting something wrong here? Does existing beyond/negging a characters of a certain tier not imply they are at the very least in the same tier?

Darkseid true form isn’t outerversal here and he being at the end of all things would also make him outerversal.

Existing outside of two Outerversal characters is not Outerversal?
By the outerversal characters I think you mean phantom stranger, High-father and The spectre. This characters aren't outerversal here also and spectre outerversal key is him merging with Oversoul not his base key plus Spectre is shown to be many(many spectre exists as shown in his comic run and can fight and merge with one another to get stronger or prove dominance) that shows all of them varies. Another spectre even once tried to absorb spectre Hal Jordan and also Spectre power varies according to the power he draws from god/the presence.

Death Metal if I am not wrong contain 2 1-A characters, and Darkseid exists even beyond that?
I refuse to believe infinite frontier darkseid is stronger/powerful than TDK or Golden WW.

So far highest we can scale current darkseid to is The Empty-hand since he can damage and tank hits from him and Empty-hand being outerversal would only possibly refer to the key of him being one with the great darkness.

Someone showed me these comic panels of what seems to be The Writer, who is referred to as "God" in this instance. Comic is Animal Man Volume 1 #5.

Could this potentially mean that "The Writer" is not above God, but rather an aspect of it? Hell, the cover of this comic is what we use for The Writer's image on our profile for them. The DC wiki itself considers this being to be The Presence (Who they use as a catch-all for DC Comics God similar to our own God profile). I'm no expert on DC cosmology stuff, I just wanted to know if we already knew about this.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Someone showed me these comic panels of what seems to be The Writer, who is referred to as "God" in this instance. Comic is Animal Man Volume 1 #5.

Could this potentially mean that "The Writer" is not above God, but rather an aspect of it? Hell, the cover of this comic is what we use for The Writer's image on our profile for them. The DC wiki itself considers this being to be The Presence (Who they use as a catch-all for DC Comics God similar to our own God profile). I'm no expert on DC cosmology stuff, I just wanted to know if we already knew about this.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
The images aren't loading. But in general, yeah, the Animal Man run has been dissected pretty thoroughly. I don't think there's a solid basis for connecting the Writer profile to the Presence, and there's a strong argument to be made for deleting the Writer's profile given that so much of it is based on speculative rather than substantive feats.

Superman, although I prefer Batman’s comics to Superman’s.
Yeah that's a good point. I like Superman as a concept better, but I tend to think Batman comics are better written. Superman writers have trouble going beyond the same generic thematic messages and "big space punch man." Not without exception of course! But I think generally the bog standard batman comic is more readable than a comparable superman issue.

I also really love Superman as a concept when handled properly, but Batman has had a wider range of great stories featuring him in both comic books and cartoons, yes.

I don't think there's a solid basis for connecting the Writer profile to the Presence, and there's a strong argument to be made for deleting the Writer's profile given that so much of it is based on speculative rather than substantive feats.
I personally strongly agree with this, but my arguments have kept being rejected whenever I have tried to get it removed, and have limited time and focus available for prolonged debating.

Back