• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

Thank you for helping out. I will unlock Post-Crisis Superman's page for you to edit then.

Tell me here when you are done.

Alright, I did the edit and I think I didn't make any mistakes. I didn't add the Guy thing since I didn't get much input on it, but tbh I think the justification is fine without it. I think you can close it now.

Ah thanks, I'll keep those corrections in mind next time I edit a page.
It's kinda funny, despite somehow being on this wiki for over 6 years, I've only actually handled page edits a handful of times, so I've never really learned all the proper ways to do things.

Okay. Well, you can check my linked edits above to see how to handle short links, but you have to learn improved sentence structures on your own.

@Antvasima I don't want to derail the other staff thread with this question, but are you gonna create a public thread for scaling discussion?

I am worried about too much spam, derailing, and toxicity though, so maybe it would be better to post it in the staff forum and have regular members apply to our staff for posting there? I am not certain.

Anyway, that is a future problem to consider. It will likely take quite a while to (hopefully) get even the cosmology split itself accepted.

Don't think tbh anyone will disagree, I myself who has little knowledge about it, read everything, don't see any issues with it.

Likewise, the scaling one will be significant issue for everyone.

Thank you, and noted. It seems best to have knowledgeable regular members first apply to our staff by explaining what kind of issues they want to argue about before they are allowed to post there then. So the arguments do not get too hostile and chaotic.

Thank you, and noted. It seems best to have knowledgeable regular members first apply to our staff by explaining what kind of issues they want to argue about before they are allowed to post there then. So the arguments do not get too hostile and chaotic.
Sure thing, I will always ask the admin and show them the post before I post it to make sure, so it does not get chaotic at all.

Hmm.. where would this feat put Post Crisis Supes?

main-qimg-a83da7c032b8726bdb26fc9c1c3696a9-pjlq.jpeg-1.jpg

The Source Wall isn't weaker in lower dimensions or something like that.
I thought it would be weaker or stronger according to the dimension it's in, I guess I'm wrong. But what tier is the source wall currently? cause old tier is 1-A, and we can't possibly make superman 1-A highest would be infinite strength as whatever out or added to infinite is infinite which the source wall is.

I am not clear on what he's doing in this scan. Did he destroy the entire wall or something?
He appears to have broken free Highfather's staff after the latter was trapped in the Source Wall.

I do not know how to scale it properly though.

I feel like the Void in vertigo cosmology is 1-A because it doesn't matter how many creations you fill it up with
does that even qualify for outerversal tier?

So with the cosmology split, how will character pages look?

They're already separated into pre and post crisis and rebirth or whatever the division may be, will each key have cosmology sub-keys where applicable? And how do we decide how pre-crisis cosmology stuff fits into each authors cosmology if at all?

I feel like the Void in vertigo cosmology is 1-A because it doesn't matter how many creations you fill it up with
does that even qualify for outerversal tier?
This was discussed earlier in the thread. The "can't fill it with creations" concept was assessed to only be 1 level of transcendence.

So with the cosmology split, how will character pages look?

They're already separated into pre and post crisis and rebirth or whatever the division may be, will each key have cosmology sub-keys where applicable? And how do we decide how pre-crisis cosmology stuff fits into each authors cosmology if at all?
Much of this hasn't been decided definitively yet, as we are in uncharted territory with this in some respects.

However, it's important to note a couple of things.

1) The vast majority of characters won't have cosmology keys at all, as their tier won't involve cosmological concepts

2) Of the ones who do scale to cosmologies, the vast majority will only have significant showings in one (Perpetua and Thought Robot for example) which means it will only be annotated that they scale to X cosmology.

For those who have significant portrayals in multiple cosmologies (Dream of the Endless comes to mind) I assume it'll be handled similar to things like Rebirth/Post-Crisis.

Pre-Crisis hasn't been discussed that much in terms of a cosmology split. I don't know that much about it, but the impression I get is that the era was pretty contradictory in general but that the main profiles for PC characters don't really involve mashing together contradictory cosmologies.

For those who have significant portrayals in multiple cosmologies (Dream of the Endless comes to mind) I assume it'll be handled similar to things like Rebirth/Post-Crisis.
So I take it not many characters if any have significant showings in pre-crisis and multiple cosmologies of the post crisis and rebirth eras?

Back