• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou Vs Garnet (Steven Universe)

Garnet has the AP advantage. Garou scales to being comparable to ~100 megatons while Garnet damages Jasper, who tanked something that is much more powerful than 317 megatons.

Voting Garnet via superior AP, Durability, limitless stamina, and lots of good skills/techniques.

KGiffoni said:
Garnet has the AP advantage. Garou scales to being comparable to ~100 megatons while Garnet damages Jasper, who tanked something that is much more powerful than 317 megatons.
Voting Garnet via superior AP, Durability, limitless stamina, and lots of good skills/techniques.
I wouldn't underestimate Garou, though I do say Garnet has a good attack potency. But I give this one to Garou for many reasons, heck I say Human Garou stands a good chance. His reaction time makes up for the speed equalization. When Garou led Golden Ball into an allyway, he got caught off guard when GB acted drunk, and his golden ball bullet almost killed him (that shot was comparable to Highly Hypersonic+) and Garou dodged it with a small cut. The examples of Garnet's durability are good, but still, the problem with gems is that they revert back to their Gem forms when taken enough damage. The video I saw of Jasper vs Garnet, Garnet was still significantly damaged (not too much), but the blows I saw were almost nothing compared to what Garou's taken.

Tank top master is comparable to Large Town Level+, and he took both of those blows with little damage (Yeah he was bleeding from the mouth), but he shrugged it off and demolished TTM with the technique he learned from Bang, Fist of Flowing Water Crushing Rock. The martial arts is based on delivering blows back but two times harder.

Now we'll go onto Garou's durability. Even in his human form, he's taken soooo much more punishment, and to explain, he got punctured with about 3-4 poison arrows ( I forgot how many), taken on 8 A Class Heroes, and was able to redirect Death Gatling's "Death Shower".

Which, it was estimated that Death Shower was 3000 bullets per/second and Garou deflected each bullet until its whole clip ran out (to quote from someone on Reddit "If the projectiles he fires are moving about as fast as modern rifle rounds, they should be moving at about 800 m/s or 1789 mph. At 6000 RPM they would have a spacing of about 8 meters or 26 feet between projectiles. Since we can see that these bullets are not nearly that far apart from each other and we know "Death Shower" vastly increases the cyclic rate so he can dump his mag in an instant. I would estimate the spacing between projectiles to be no more than 8 inches. To achieve this, the gun would need a cyclic rate of around 240,000 rounds per minute, or 4000 rounds per second. This would create a recoil force of over 32,000 joules or 23,602 ft-lbf per second, which means even Death Gatling has superhuman strength.)

Dont forget, Garou did all this while poisoned and on the brink of losing his consciousness. AND THEN, right after that, Garou took on Genos, who's already Massively Hypersonic+ in terms of speed, and he was keeping up with Genos easily and put up a good fight, also reacting to Genos's incineration cannon while in Mid-air, and took good blows from Genos's Machine Gun Blows. And right after Genos fought him, Bang and Bomb came in, Bang beating Garou into a bloody pulp, and bringing him on the brink of death/conscioussness, where Bang was literally punching Garou to the point where it was creating crators (Bigger than the one Garnet/Jasper made), and Garou still found a way to get out and find an advantage.

I've never seen Garnet really use her future vision during combat, hence why Jasper got hits on her, but to quickly finish this off, Garou's Fist of Flowing Water Crushed Rock helps him to redirect Garnet's attacks harder. It's been shown in SU that if taken enough damage (Pearl got punctured and reverted to her gem form), it will revert them back and render them useless. Garou also has the ability similar to Metal Bat, he can adapt and hell even change his fighting style to give him an advantage when fighting (He used Watchdog Mans fighting style to catch Genos off guard), and the longer he fights, the more he adapts, and his durability increases along with that.

Garnet can most likely win if she knows to take out Garou as quick as possible, but Garou wins in every category. Garou's durability was scaled at least Mountain Level (same as Garnet's attack potency), and Multi-Continental Level+. His attack potency might not take out Garnet quick enough, but his Martial Arts will easily bring him on top, and his reaction time is much more impressive. As said, if Garnet knows in the beginning the fight starts to take out Garou quickly (I really doubt), then she has a possibility of winning by KO, but Garou's durability feats far surpass the Gems in SU.

While Garnet has many techniques and skills, Garou still has the durability feats and in fact much more skilled and with more techniques, with the ability to learn one's own fighting style from just fighting them or watching them. In a prolongued fight, Garou wins, a short fight, Garnet most likely wins, though I doubt she has the potency to put Garou down in the beginning of the fight, if we're going by in-character, Garou realizes that Garnet's attacks are strong and will easily adapt to it, overpowering Garnet, reverting her to her gem form and crushing it.

Garou wins 9/10 ways.

@Jet Reaction speed gets equalized with speed equalization

The blows Garnet took are several times stronger than the 7-A attacks he scales to

Garnet's durability is several times greater than Garou's so him tanking gattling's bullets really isnt anything impressive

Basically what your entire argument can be summed up as 'contrary to the feats and what the profiles say. garou is stronger in every way' which is factually incorrect

As such, the Fras for your argument are invalid

As such, Garnet takes this handily due to her being able to oneshot people stronger than garou, her dura being enough that people stronger than garou cannot hurt her, her future vision allowing her to predict basically everything garou can do, and her multiple millenia of combat skill and experience trumping garou's

Oh, I forgot about future vision. I don't see Garou outskilling that. Garnet FRA.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jet Reaction speed gets equalized with speed equalization
The blows Garnet took are several times stronger than the 7-A attacks he scales to

Garnet's durability is several times greater than Garou's so him tanking gattling's bullets really isnt anything impressive
He didnt tank it, he redirected the bullets (by a large scale) and was able to redirect it enough to save the child in the barn/building thing with the building damaged. And for that, I say is, in SU, when has Garnet used her future vision in combat? Cause if we use that, she can basically know what Garou's moves are, but in the fight w/ Jasper, she still got attacked, unless its something more? Im not too much into SU, so if I sound like a Garou fanboy, I simply just go by what I know.

Though, for things I've seen, if one of the arrows even punctured Garnet, she'd probably revert to her gem form, imagine 3 of those hitting her.

Though, all Im asking is, provide the characters Garnet fought that were supposedly stronger than Garou, and then we can debate.

The Wright Way said:
Uh, Garnet stomps people twice as strong as Garou. This is a stomp.
We don't equalize one-shots like that. One-shots in-verse can be incredibly inconsistent- in some verses, you can fight people 48 times stronger than you. In others, someone marginally stronger than you can kick your ass.

WeeklyBattles said:
Basically what your entire argument can be summed up as 'contrary to the feats and what the profiles say. garou is stronger in every way' which is factually incorrect
As such, the Fras for your argument are invalid
And no, I didnt say that his feats are STRONGER in every way, Im basically saying what he's shown were just more impressive than what I've seen from Garnet. Garou taking poison arrows and still fighting is a key factor in his durability. Poison, literally meaning he's going to die by the second, but what happened? He adapted, soon enough he developed a poison resistance. The fact that Garou can adapt in fighting shows that Garnet isnt just gonna stomp him. While Garnet has millenials of years of experience, by just watching her fight, she seems like a typical brawler, only smarter. Garou's martial arts aids him, that it helps multiply his damage by 2x, and redirecting her attacks 2x harder.

Garou's ability to adapt and grow even more durability from fighting means even if Garnet has good AP, if you can provide a good fight Garnet's been in that shows she could 1 shot Garou into a KO, I dont see why Garou could easily just adapt to her AP and his durability just grows.

We don't equalize one-shots like that. One-shots in-verse can be incredibly inconsistent- in some verses, you can fight people 48 times stronger than you. In others, someone marginally stronger than you can kick your ass.

Sense when?

Problem is mathematically speaking they were not more impressive, the feats garnet scales to are several times stronger than Garou's

Let me put the strength gap into perspective.

That feat was effortlessly done by a Ruby. Ruby's are below Quartz soldiers. Quartz soldiers get effortlessly one-shot by Pearl, and Pearl is significantly weaker than Garnet.

When a Ruby tried to fight Garnet, she got treated like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum.

Garnet in-Canon treats rubies, who scale to 250 megatons, as powerless children who are physically incapable of harming her to the point that she can casually pin one under a single arm and there's nothing they can do to stop her.

Garnet also in canon oneshots Amethyst, who in turn can oneshot rubies. with a casual punch and scales to Jasper who was physically undamaged by amethyst

The Wright Way said:
Also, for reference, this is what Garnet scales to. Keep in mind that this feat was performed the verse equivalent of a storm trooper. These guys are expandable canon fodder.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...9/Steven_Universe_-_Are_you_a_real_REAL_ruby?
That feat is definitely impressive, but has any of them been able to survive getting slashed to death? I failed to mention Garou also has a regenerative ability. He survived and regenerated from getting slashed multiple times.

X74.png

And

X30.png

Im simply saying, Mountain Level durabilities are impressive, but Garou scales to the same amount of durability. Overgrown Rover ( the one who slashed Garou multiple times) Is exactly scaled at Mountain Level. Orochi is also scaled as Island Level/ Mountain Level+, and survived. Simply saying Garnet's Mountain Level durability/Island Level only helps aid that Garou and Garnet have the same durability. But, I mentioned that the reason Garou wins is because, his ability similar to Metal Bat shows that his durability grows throughout the fight, and only grows stronger. Garou's adaptation is an important role in his fight with Garnet, and is why I say he most likely wins.

Also holy crap I didnt expect that from posting those images, Im new to talking on forums sorry for anyone who feels like, uncomfortable.

JayTheJet said:
Also holy crap I didnt expect that from posting those images, Im new to talking on forums sorry for anyone who feels like, uncomfortable.
lol

1. Gems regularly regen from proofing into smoke, with only a single rock of them left remaining. Unless you hit the gemstine, cutting them up does nothing.

2. Blatantly wrong. Garou scales below people who Garnet treats like children. He can't adapt if a single punch reduces him to paste.

JayTheJet said:
It's fine. Everyone is new at one point.

WeeklyBattles said:
Garnet in-Canon treats rubies, who scale to 250 megatons, as powerless children who are physically incapable of harming her to the point that she can casually pin one under a single arm and there's nothing they can do to stop her.
Garnet also in canon oneshots Amethyst, who in turn can oneshot rubies. with a casual punch and scales to Jasper who was physically undamaged by amethyst
Why is she listed as only Mountain+ then? I don't think mountain+ folks can one-shot 250 megatons folks

The Wright Way said:
1. Shrink those images. To large and they can clutter the thread.
2. Gems regularly regen from proofing into smoke, with only a single rock of them left remaining. Unless you hit the gemstine, cutting them up does nothing.

3. Blatantly wrong. Garou scales below people who Harnet treats like children. He can't adapt if a single punch reduces him to paste.
I dont know how to shrink it, but saying that Garnet can one shot Garou is a stretch. The main point is that just cause you can say Garnet has the AP to hurt Garou, doesnt necessarily mean its a win. And by fight I thought we were going by KO, so if Garou manages to poof her, its TECHNICALLY a win. But his durability feats just scale more than Garnet's. FRA, I said that he tanked hits/survived from beings who were either stronger/ just as strong as Garnet, Overgrown Rover for example. He literally slashed him to the point where he was going to die, Garou admitting something like, "Im still alive..?" That shows how much he can actually tank and even grow in his durability. Durability is a key factor in who wins, and to my demise, I admit I underestimated Garnet in a bit, but Garnet's AP feats are just what Garou takes on. Orochi, for example, scaled to as I said before, Mountain Level+ or Large Island Level+. If Garou can take hits from a being thats LARGE Island Level(+), I dont see how he cant fight against someone who's just Island level. And I keep mentioning it, his adaptation is important, because his feats increase in the fight, durability, strength, and the fact that Garou also predicts what his opponent's next moves are (When he was going to attack King, he saw multiple predictions, similar to Garnet's Future Vision.) and he prepared for whatever move he predicted (Saitama caugth him off guard.)

My main point is that I dont see how Garou can easily climb up and scale up to and farther up Garnet.

KGiffoni said:
Why is she listed as only Mountain+ then? I don't think mountain+ folks can one-shot 250 megatons folks
Because of our contradictory rules regarding tier jumps and oneshots

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jay Gems regenerate in seconds so no, poofing is not an automatic wi
In an episode of SU,if gems regenerated too quick, they might regenerate and deform? Like w/ Amethyst, so I dont think its a matter of seconds.

Back