• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Üķæžĥĝgćŋĵêĥattþțųª | Garou vs Yujiro Hanma | 8-1-0 (Grace Finished)

WSRSF ain't a problem for Yujiro. He's already dealt with reflection based attacks like Aiki. Much like the WSRSF, Aiki took Shibukawa decades to master, and a younger Baki was able to copy it perfectly.

Bro's brain is literally built to replicate and advance techniques He's sees. As for Garou getting faster, Yujiro has dozens of moves that amp his speed.

I'd also argue Garou would have a difficult time even reading Yujiro's moves due to his resistance to Information Analysis.

He's already dealt with reflection based attacks like Aiki. Much like the WSRSF,
Does this move involves understanding and re-creating within one's body the flows of torrential and undulating forces, putting this into the user's fists? Does it allows the user to deflect stuff like extremely hot energy beams, and attacks that envelop the entire body and break every bone in the body into pieces from just a single hit? Does it give the users Instinctive Reaction and allows them to redirect attacks with twice the force?

As for Garou getting faster, Yujiro has dozens of moves that amp his speed.
Until Yujiro runs out of speed amps and Garou evolves further and further, not having a limit to how fast he gets.

I'd also argue Garou would have a difficult time even reading Yujiro's moves due to his resistance to Information Analysis.
Yeah, that was never really an argument for Garou to begin with, even though he's usually good at that stuff.

As @C2_of_Omegon said, the martial arts in OPM is on a whole different level from the one's in Baki. If Yujiro tried to copy the WSRSF, it would just be a watered down version at best. Even without the WSRSF argument, The problem is that Garou basically regenerates everything from the neck down and Yujiro would need to figure out that he needs to target the head(which he definitely would since he's an Extraordinary Genius). But Yujiro's personality and usual behavior doesn't allow him to go all out at the beginning of fights and Graou already has a ridiculous level of endurance and reactive evolution. Garou is just more likely to evolve past Yujiro than Yujiro is to finish off Garou who can endure a crap load of pain.

Will reply later but I'm calling literal cap on OPM MA being more complex than Baki's whenever we have shit that causes instant cellular death, subjective reality based martial arts (Imagination Style.), so on and so forth. Controlling all the cells within one's body, replicating the sensation of sword slashes with your bare hands from sheer sword skill, much better Analytical Prediction that's borderline precognition, etc.

I'd appreciate it if we were to stop acting as if OPM MA is some type of conceptual Fate meta bullshit. There's like 3 MA in OPM that are actually notable. The rest are just a bunch of randomly named shit with the term "fist" thrown in.

Garou FRA also super powered martial arts > regular martial arts. Only ability in Baki that’s even remotely similar is the one Kaku developed.

Will reply later but I'm calling literal cap on OPM MA being more complex than Baki's whenever we have shit that causes instant cellular death, subjective reality based martial arts (Imagination Style.), so on and so forth. Controlling all the cells within one's body, replicating the sensation of sword slashes with your bare hands from sheer sword skill, much better Analytical Prediction that's borderline precognition, etc.

I'd appreciate it if we were to stop acting as if OPM MA is some type of conceptual Fate meta bullshit. There's like 3 MA in OPM that are actually notable. The rest are just a bunch of randomly named shit with the term "fist" thrown in.
Fajin literally sends one’s energy into the opponents body causing their organs to be destroyed. The MA don’t compare.

Fajin literally sends one’s energy into the opponents body causing their organs to be destroyed. The MA don’t compare.
Nope, not energy. It's attacking with a shockwave, something common in MA manga.

Also OPM MA can have more hax, that doesn't mean that the MA is suddenly more skilled. Two different things. Plus I have easily counter by saying MA that allows you to bring imagination into reality is a lot more complex than anything found in OPM.

Well, I would appreciate if you stop exaggerating. When I made that statement about OPM vs Baki MA, I talking about their results and the abilities they bestow in the absolutely crazy world of OPM.

Both of the series are bonkers in terms of what they do with MA. Both are absolute BS. I just felt that, ya know, MA that can reduce an opponent to dust, parry and redirect energy, create cutting whirlwinds and make your own heart beat in time your blows to produce more powerful attacks beyond the limits of your body while making shockwaves just sounds more BS than what Baki has shown. I'm free to make that take that view, just as you are to disagree. We're talking about something highly subjective that we can't truly quantify and people aren't wrong for taking a side in that.

Also, it doesn't matter how many different MA we see if the notable ones we witness allow the users to do things like cutting opponents to literal pieces or tearing apart huge monsters. As for an actual number, we've seen like 8, technically speaking.

Well, I would appreciate if you stop exaggerating.
I'm not exaggerating, or at least that's not my intention. I 100% agree that OPM has the better offensive MA abilities in comparison to Baki, what I don't agree with is using that to say MA in OPM is something that requires more skill than what's shown in Baki. Also you do realize I can easily say you've been exaggerating as well correct?
When I made that statement about OPM vs Baki MA, I talking about their results and the abilities they bestow in the absolutely crazy world of OPM.
Read above. Simply having MA that grant you various abilities doesn't make said MA more skilled. That's moreso something esoteric in nature. Garou's Attack Reflection is not necessarily better just because it can reflect energy (something that's literally useless here since Yujiro doesn't use energy to reflect.)

Aiki can be used at a closer distance than WSRSF (Garou's requires active hand movement to reflect whereas Aiki can reflect simply by touching you with a palm or any other part of the hand.), can be used for locks and Aiki has ultimately been a MA for significantly longer than WSRSF.

Isn't one of the weaknesses on Yujiro's page that he doesn't use his opponents own techniques against them?

Back