• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou Vs Garnet (Steven Universe)

The Wright Way said:
KGiffoni said:
What? I thought when poofed gems took hours/days to regenerate?
Pearl's did because she wanted her new form to look absolutely perfect.
Oooh, i see. Still, i don't find returning with a "deffective" anatomy to be beneficent in a fight. Can't Garou also literally smash her gem before she comes back?

Oooh, i see. Still, i don't find returning with a "deffective" anatomy to be beneficent in a fight. Can't Garou also literally smash her gem before she comes back?

I said "look" perfect. It's all aesthetic, we've seen gems come back quickly with no defects before.

Not if he can't even hurt her to begin with. He's not gonna poof her given the AP gap.

Although, my main point to why Garou wins is that, even if Garnet came back for round 2, Garou would've already known her style of fighting, predict whatever's next, and if the fight's prolongued, Garou's durability will only increase along with his power.

His Martial Arts technique (FOFWCR) aka Fist of flowing water crushed rock) aids in his win. We already know that Garnet's Mountain - Island Level, but w/ Garou's LARGE Island Level/Mountain Level+ Durability, we already know he can take Garnet's hits, and use his FOFWCR martial arts to just direct it twice as hard, and we've never seen Garnet take twice the hit of a mountain or Large Island level type hit, not to mention he can keep attacking her with that same amount of force (when he was demolishing Tank Top Master). Not to mention it stated that Garou even finds weak points/vital points by TTM. In the hospital TTM admitted that he wasnt just throwing hits, he was hitting him in his vital areas that ultimately brung him down to his knees.

But with the new info, I say Garou wins 8/10 ways, only because I underestimated Garnet's power, but Garou's durability, AP, adaptation, Regenerationn, Near-Garnet's future vision prediction will ultimately bring him to the top.

The Wright Way said:
Oooh, i see. Still, i don't find returning with a "deffective" anatomy to be beneficent in a fight. Can't Garou also literally smash her gem before she comes back? I said "look" perfect. It's all aesthetic, we've seen gems come back quickly with no defects before.
Not if he can't even hurt her to begin with. He's not gonna poof her given the AP gap.

I see. Guess this is a stomp then. Someone close this.

I believe the episode jay is referring to is the one with the slinker where amethyst was purposely coming back deformed to annoy garnet

The Wright Way said:
Okay, so this is the calc Garou scales to.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:The_Causality/Gouketsu_Split_Clouds_-_One_Punch_Ma

Notice how it's beneath the SU calc. (No the island level part doesn't count. If it did, Garou wouldn't be 7-A.)

Garou scales beneath people that are children compared to Garnet.
At this point, Im still leaning to Garou, though you all bring up good points.

Garou wins if its a prolongued fight due to the fact his adaptation will bring his power and durability to a level Garnet might not be able to match.

Garnet wins if she's smart enough to know to KO Garou before it even started and use that future vision.

5/10 Garou/Garnet wins. We can close this now, and your points are very nice, it was a great debate with you all. o/

Back