• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Cinder (OPM vs RWBY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys really need to stop focusing on stuff garou has only ever done in his latter keys and only focus on what he has showed in his frist key only as via SBA op has said she is using hero hunter garou meaning he can't transform aka change keys

Meh, fair i guess, though theres still the fact that basically every named character in the verse has been trained in combat since childhood and is recognized as being in the top percentile of the best fighters on the planet
Yeah but the thing with statements like that is that they’re basically present in every single series and it’s always relative to each series when referred to as “prodigies” and things like that. It’s kind of always dependent on the feats and series they’re in. Like think about it like this, you could essentially say the exact same thing about Naruto characters since they’re trained at a very young age to be ninja’s and use chakra well etc and etc. But in Naruto there’s clear and massive differences in skill even between prodigies.
She does scale above Nebula yeah, sorry if i didnt clarify that, again, i need to get this stuff in a blog so im not just copy-pasting a college thesis every time im explaining the skill chain lol
Gotcha lol.
Basically, Velvet < Nebula <<<<<< Pyrrha < Mercury < Neo = Cinder

And Pyrrha < Mercury < Ace Ops < Winter/Penny = Cinder
Where are you getting Nebula at being that much lower than Pyrrha?

Also why is Pyrrha lower than Mercury?
Yeah, Maria's semblance allows her to react to incoming attacks before they happen even if she cant see them as well as sense stuff in the environment better than normal aura users and Neo was able to blindside her
Her semblance is “preflexes” which is a form of analytical prediction and the one time she got the jump on Maria was when Maria was in a mecha suit not focused on her so I don’t think her semblance would be very active in that situation. In the actual fight itself, Neo was clearly out skilled by Maria. And according to the skill chain you laid out, since Neo=Cinder in skill then Maria should also dominate Cinder in a skill contest, ergo so should Garou since he has just as good if not better analytical prediction than Maria.
Was more in reference to the same ability existing in RWBY lol

And if he doesnt need to take damage then it would actually be Adam's semblance, not Yang's, though Cinder has seen both semblances in action before yes
Seen sure, but counteracted is another matter. Plus she wouldn’t even know about Garou’s moves until he actually started wailing on her and deflecting her movements which would be bad news for her.
Eh? Only one of those people is a Faunus, Adam, Fox and Maria are both humans, and of those three only Maria has a semblance that helps her, Adam's semblance is damage absorption and Fox's is telepathy. Of the three, Fox has the least amount of help with it, he is just super good with aura senses.
Yeah I thought fox was a fox Faunus lmao. Adam being a Faunus though is what’s helping him fight without seeing since Faunus are specifically noted to have better senses than humans so this doesn’t scale to Cinder. And Fox’s semblance is actually quite useful for this since it allows him to track people’s presence in relation to him. So again I don’t think this scales to Cinder in skill either.
Near the beginning of the fight, when both were clashing with their giant swords they had bubble shields around themselves. Also in both the first fight against Ruby and the fight with Amber they were shown to be able to create barriers in front of themselves independent of their Aura.
The first one I don’t really see a barrier since she’s blocking the bullets with her palm specifically and even moving her hand around in relation to those bullets but the second one is a clear barrier yes. However it’s not really used all that much nor is depicted as being extra durable either since in that same fight Amber repeatedly didn’t use her barrier against Cinder even when she saw her coming right for her.
She was still alive because Cinder wanted to mock her, something she moved beyond doing after the timeskip. And the fact that he can deflect arrows doesnt make much of a difference when Cinder can just make her arrows go around his attempts to deflect them
I don’t think that’s the case actually since I recall a comment from the writers saying the reason Cinder killed Pyrrha the way she did was so that Pyrrha didn’t suffer from being stabbed in the rips. No mention of her insides being burned out. Also yeah Cinder can manifest and remanifest her projectiles however they can still be dodged and deflected around as is the case shown in the series itself as well as the fact that again in Cinder’s fight with Amber she simply manifested them and launched them in one direction.
Oh i know he's good at deflecting attacks but has he ever had to deal with something like Cinder's arrows before, a projectile that can effectively 'dodge' an attempt to intercept it?
I mean the man dodged all of golden ball’s ricochet shots even while he couldn’t see them with minimal movements as well as the fact that he doesn’t need to see attacks coming to dodge them as he has instinctive reactions so yeah I think he should be able to either parry or dodge or intercept them just fine.
There really isnt a point like that, she is able to manipulate her arrows even when then are reduced to powder as that is their natural state
Yeah I saw, I’m just curious about how well she can use that in combat since she really hasn’t done too much of what you’re describing. Like I don’t recall Cinder ever using her projectiles as essential homing missiles against opponents before.
In Adam vs Yang and Blake, all three of them had their auras broken but were still capable of fighting. When weiss had her aura broken by Vernal she was shown still fighting against her in the background several minutes before Cinder stabbed her. In Winter vs Ironwood Winter was still fully capable of fighting she just no longer had Aura. Aura breaks dont lower the stats of the user and theyre not 'done' when their aura is broken, it just removes the defensive barrier around their bodies meaning they can actually be hurt by attacks.
I distinctly remember how Blake and Yang vs Adam ended. It ended with Yang catching Adam’s sword and using her semblance to knock bitch boy away. Then immediately after Adam simply tried to grab the weapon of Blake before getting stabbed on two sides. There wasn’t really a “fight” after their auras were gone and Adam’s aura being broken was the very reason he was killed in the first place. In the case with Weiss, no looking back on the scene of the fight when Vernal breaks Weiss’ aura she gets knocked away and then immediately stabbed. I did not see a confrontation after she lost her aura, let alone one of any sizable margin. In the case with Winter, this was explicit. Ironwood had her dead to rights the minute she lost her aura. She was on the ground with her aura fading. Had she not gotten that power up she would’ve died immediately after from a single shot of Ironwood’s gun. She would’ve lost the minute her aura gave way.

Again they of course can still fight and preform actions even without aura, but they’re essentially out of the fight and highly vulnerable once they do lose it. It really is a practical game over for them.
Except she wasnt using her Maiden powers for 95% of the fight, only when they were up in the air. And yeah, that was my point, she is equal to them in skill
No she was still shining her Maiden powers at them. And the same thing could be said about Weiss against Cinder. She wasn’t using her Maiden powers but you felt the need to clarify that Weiss was heavily outstatted against her. I invoke the same logic and reasoning here in the case with Winter and Penny.

You gonna vote or are you just completely focused on skill homeboy?
I’m firmly inconclusive in the match. I may lean very slightly in Garou’s favor but I don’t think I’d vote for him.

Cinder has many advantages including superior range, abilities, and an initial sizable AP gap.

I think Garou holds the skill advantage, better stamina and his reactive evolution and statistic amplifications can help him bridge the disparity between them, but his abilities I don’t think are enough to deal with Cinder’s counters. Especially if she just stays out of range the whole time with unrestricted flight. Though that would make it harder to hit Garou.

Eh they’re not all that bad. Or at least the ones I’ve seen or participated in at least. The Garou vs Big Mom thread went relatively well.

unknown.png
unknown.png
20211221_155254.png
20211221_123942.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back