• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou vs Cinder (OPM vs RWBY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should probably put RWBY's skill scaling in a blog with relevant scans and shit to explain who scales and who doesn't. Would make debates way easier since the skill scaling chain is enormous.
Its in th works, kinda hard when iv been absent for a year and have a years worth of stuff to deal with as a result :/

No, he couldn't, because human Garou has never done that.
His adaptability didn't appear out of nowhere, he has it in his human form, and it works just the same. Obviously he isn't transformed here, so it isn't quaranteed for fire to not affect him instantly or anything, but Cinder is no Orochi either.
And it's not like he can't transform either.

Weekly, I've rewatched most mentioned RWBY fights. You are coping out of your mind if you think Cinder outskills Garou.
I may miss some feats from books, but I am pretty sure there are no books on CInder.
You can use skill scaling and statements all you want, but showings are abyssmal.

His adaptability didn't appear out of nowhere, he has it in his human form, and it works just the same. Obviously he isn't transformed here, so it isn't quaranteed for fire to not affect him instantly or anything, but Cinder is no Orochi either.
And it's not like he can't transform either.

Weekly, I've rewatched most mentioned RWBY fights. You are coping out of your mind if you think Cinder outskills Garou.
I may miss some feats from books, but I am pretty sure there are no books on CInder.
You can use skill scaling and statements all you want, but showings are abyssmal.
Dragon ball z and MHA skill showing is also abyssmal too so what

Then Garou is an unskilled moron because the "showings" aren't good enough. RWBY is not exactly the pinnacle of animation. If you've watched it you should know this
Bruuuh.
Skipping the entire skill chain, Cinder was actually the inferior one in the Neo vs Cinder fight.
How many solid hits did Neo land and how many solid hits did Cinder land? Lol

But yeah, the statements are acceptable because... well have you seen the jank on some of the volumes of RWBY? It's like arguing Doomguy isn't skilled because most of his feats are from statements, the DOOM supporters and debaters would NEVER accept that!

Composite Boxer deadass outskills them both.
We go by lore and WoG when it comes to skill because fiction can't really show skill as well as statement or wog or lore (especially 3D animated series made originally as a webseries)
But yeah, the statements are acceptable because... well have you seen the jank on some of the volumes of RWBY? It's like arguing Doomguy isn't skilled because most of his feats are from statements, the DOOM supporters and debaters would NEVER accept that!
I guess Ichigo isn't skilled because he always spams one move and swings his sword at people

Listen, I once argued in a match with Connor from Detroit-Human and that analytic guy from Worm. Case and point, both beat elite swat units or something. But showings of one swat were more impressive.

Point is, we need to base statements on something. In this case, on animation.

Point is, we need to base statements on something. In this case, on animation.
I mean, if Character A states Character B is more skilled than him/her, who was able to do 'X' skill feat, then wouldn't that be viable?

Or am I just getting the point completely wrong here?

I mean, if Character A states Character B is more skilled than him/her, who was able to do 'X' skill feat, then wouldn't that be viable?

Or am I just getting the point completely wrong here?
It would, but don’t mean jack if character A skills shown to be garbage.

More like scaling Deku to his statements despite him literally just throwing basic punches and kicks

Oh wait, Deku is rated here as a skilled fighter despite that, despite shigrakis best on screen hand to hand combat is fighting like a Cat with Deku out classing him only because he was stronger with 100% smashes and using him like a yo yo with black whip

Anyways I vote icon because of cinders fire and if garou can even adapt to it before it badly harms him or kills him before he possibly can even adapt to it

(Tldr cinder spams her super hot fire a lot and likes range to spam in this key)

Good to hear, so you agree then, because Cinder on her own has damn good skill feats, as does basically evryone in the verse
Listen, her skill are maybe around Iaian’s level, and that’s fattest maybe in my life. Best you can’t argue is her maiden skills. Show me something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back