• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Garnet sat on the couch in the Temple, she had gotten quite bored waiting for the others to return from their mission. "Hmm, they are taking a while maybe I better check on them." Garnet said to nobody in particular. Garnet then entered a thinking stance, searching for Pearl, Amethyst and Steven. But her Future Vision revealed to her something much different. Someone was coming. Just then, there was a flah of energy outside, and Ral Zarek appeared. "Hmm... well this is definetly not where I'm supposed to be." Ral said. Garnet jumped off the couch and rushed outside to confront the stranger. "Excuse me, but this place isn't safe for Human's to be, I'm afraid you'll have to leave." Garnet warned. But Ral refused to back down. "Oh? And are you going to make me?" He asked, readying himself. "That I am." Garnet responded, sumoning her gauntlets to her hands as they faced each other down.

-Speed is Equalized

-Each start 200m away from the other

-Takes place on the beach in front of the Crystal Temple

Garnet: (0 votes)

Ral Zarek: (4 votes, Pixel, Paulo, Antonio, Litentric)

Rak Zerek
NewGarnetPose

Although I wouldn't consider a difference of x14 to be an absolute AP stomp, a direct hit is enough to cause massive damage. Aside from that, Ral do not seems that haxxed besides his summoning and precognition... Ah, and BFR, but would need to known how these works.

@Antonio His precog is apparently really vague and Garnet's is not only far superior but good enough to know to avoid his hax abilities if he tries to use them on her

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I think this was supposed to be another Hax Vs AP fight? I don't know ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»
TBH there is no real reason. I asked Wok if he knew any good 6-B characters and he's one of the people he recommended so I thought "Well he looks interesting enough, let's use him."

Ral isn't 6-B, though. The 6-Bs are the last 3 and Garruk, and I should probably make Avacyn a 6-B, but Ral is firmly low 6-B. Dargoo's the one who knows more on Ral anyways.

Liliana and Jace are haxxier, if you wanted to stick with low 6-B.

I will note though, I don't think his BFR is really something dodgable. A lot of magic doesn't travel.

I have no idea. Ask this stuff to Dargoo, Ral is not my area of expertise.

Unsummons are typically BFR to another universe, considering that planeswalkers typically summon stuff from their home plane.

That and if Garnet is made of a kind of projected energy Ral can sort of suck her into his gauntlet like he did to Melek.

Ral's first move would be blasting her with lightning though; although given his intelligence he'd notice how effective his spells are before yeeting to another location to plan something out.

Garnet's precog is good enough to let her know that he can do al that and take advantage of his opening move to finish him off before he can use them

Ral coincidentally has precog with one of his spells, although I'd doubt it's as good as Garnet's.

I'm not entirely sure what Garnet can do to Ral teleporting to another plane and then back a mile or two away, and then probably going for BFR.

Depending on where he teleports she can very easily just see where he is going to teleport and run/jump there, as Gems have a tendency to do when there's stuff only a mile or two away given their surprisingly insane ability to cover ground, or Warp there seeing as she has access to a Warp Pad.

Basically wherever he decides to end teleport to she'd be waiting there for him

Fair enough. There isn't enough info on Prophetic Bolt for me to say he can counter her precog with his own.

I suppose Garnet takes this more times than not; Ral only used his gauntlet once or twice to actually harm someone and that was when he was practically bloodlusted on the guy who stole his place in the maze, and him sucking away Garnet's physical form would be the only way I think he can beat her other than starting with BFR.

Actually, Garnet rarely use precog in combat, even outside of it is unaccurate, it wasn't useful against Jasper nor Topaz. Also, Warp Pad may or not appears wherever she is sent, if is sent to another universe or pocket dimension is guarantee to not coming back.

Absorbing energy is a problem tho, what is the range of the attack?

It's been a while since I looked into Ral Zarek. I'll see what sources of information I can find.

She do not predict the next movement nor what can the opponent do, or at least rarely works, she has been taken by surprise in few occations and was unable to known who was the one recontructing that tower.

Everything I see leads me to believe this is a stomp in favor of Garnet. Precog and enough AP to kill Ral in only a few blows.

@Pixel Ral has energy drain that would beat Garnet's physical form the same way a destabalizer would as well as much better BFR, its just that he doesnt lead with these things in character. He can beat her, he just wont.

Ah, I'll look into these. If I am to be honest, this match should really wait until the new Ravnica block is over, as it's very relevant to Ral and might give us a few things, seeing as he's an important figure there.

I'm not sure how canonical VsBattles treats cards related to the character at hand. But yes, this isn't a stomp.

Limited precog for Ral is a stretch IMO and he's never used anything of the sort, so we can more or less put that to the side.

About how many blows might Ral be able to take before going down? Ral almost certainly won't go to melee range if he can avoid it, as Garnet's pretty clearly melee. If his other spells seem to do little effect, I imagine he'll resort to a BFR or drain.

That might become a bit of an issue. Ral likely won't start with BFR or Energy Drain, but I imagine he will as soon as he realizes his storms and shocks aren't doing jack to her.

How offensively and all-in will she start? Will she spend a moment to size up her opponent and get a grasp on who she is fighting?

With her precog she doeent really need to, she'd see all the different ways the fight could play out and know to take hi down before he gets a chance to use his better abilities on her

From what's been said, it seems like she doesn't see massively into the future with it and predict every line of events. Could you name some times she did on such a level?

I am pretty late to this.

I wish we held of on magic battles until I finished, but alas, I cant

So Ral Zarek gets one shot pretty badly. From I read of him, he seems to mostly rely on his weather manipulation, precognition and energy blasts.

If I was being generous, his only advantage is his range, but that is very doubtful considering Garnet has far better precog then most in magic (except for perhaps a certain planeswalker that does not have a profile.) and maaaybe BFR, but again, Precog.

Garnet wins pretty comfortably with future vision, one shot potential, better combat experience(yes Ral Zarek has fighting experience with the Izzet, but Garnet has thousands of years on him.

If you want a more debatable matchup, there is also Sorin.

Sorin has death hax, is 6-B, existence erasure and it could be a better matchup then Ral Zarek can put up with here.

Imho the only character who has a chance with this ap gap from SU is Sorin, maaaybe Liliana and Tezzeret.

Ral Zarek wins if he uses energy drain or BFR, so it's a matter of if he can survive a few seconds and realize "Oh wait I can't hurt this person."

Still, this battle seems horribly tilted against Ral and I don't really like it. 20 meters is incredibly little and Ral gets one-shotted.

Tezzeret, Jace, Sorin, and Liliana are all safe bets. Any 4-As in SU? kappa

No, there's nothing above tier 5 in SU. And who's Kappa?

As I said, Garnet do not tend to use future vision in combat and even outside of it has its flaws, so I wouldn't relies much on it. Not sure what is the standard distance, but if OP choose the 20 m I guess nothing can be done.

20 meters means Ral's kind of boned. I hate to say it but Garnet just runs up and bops him once. I'm not voting though, since I honestly dislike matches like this.

Back