• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mmm, I though we get rid of the energy-convertion in SU. Also, creating timelines via time travel isn't AP based.

The Cluster is still Tier 5 even without the energy conversions tho, the entire point of the arc was that it would destroy the Earth; but yeah, that 2-C isn't combat applicable at all.

I can change it to a larger distance if you all want, I just chose 20m cause I thought being too far away would null Garnet's shorter range attacks.

Tezz takes intangibility and laughs at it, although I'm not going to derail this thread too much.

At 200 meters, it's more of a fight. Ral will have far more time to realize his storms do jack, and Garnet isn't the type to range spam and destroy everything in a mile radius, especially when her opponent is barely tickling her.

Sits in my chair evily*

And now you all come crawling back after I changed the range MUHAHAHA!

In all seriousness though thx ya'll for being here. I feel like all the other SU threads went dead so it's nice to still see a discussion going.

I mean, in Weekly's defense, if Ral planeswalks then comes back to the field to deal with her (which he would probably do if there was someone rushing towards him who's completely unaffected by his electrical attacks), Garnet wouldn't be in combat when using her future vision to find where he'll planeswalk back.

That said I don't know if it's reliable enough to guess where he planeswalks back 100% of the time, and if she guesses wrong she gets BFR'd to another plane.

I mean, isn't Future Vision giving her three possibilities? If she isn't there to sock him in the face at his exact location, he just touches her and sends her to another plane.

Qualities of Future Visions are being a little exagerated, she do not known the exact next movement of its opponent nor what those its power can do, otherwise it would have known about Jarper's destabilizer, Topaz's cheaps tactics or any other attack that has catched her by surprise; Visions can give her a clue about what is going to happen like when she distracted Blue waiting for Lapis, but most of the time she finds her way in middle combat.

Yeah her precog doesn't seem to stop her from just being hit in the show. She's definitely not Eldrad.

Yeah, but knowing where someone will teleport after a long period of time isn't too crazy for Future Vision, and Ral wouldn't be fighting her after he yeets out of the plane to recuperate.

That said if she only knows three possibilities Ral would take this 2/3 times via BFR or Energy Absorption.

Yes because she can be caught off guard by people doing explicitly extremely improbable things such as making a cup of coffee only to purposely dump it all over the floor or ordering a pizza and have the delivery service deliver it to themsleves

There was an entire episode explaining this

I don't see why that makes her future vision correct 100% of the time. She outright stats that she can only see possible futures, not the certain future. Ral Zerek is one of the most erratic planeswalkers out of them all whose name doesn't start with a T, so predicting his actions would be doubly difficult.

she can see the potential outcomes of entire days, she will see everything he can do just by looking at him and see all the ways he can beat her, then do what she needs to in order to beat him

WeeklyBattles said:
@Antonio And Yet she was able to see that Malachite was near Mask Island immediately
Not combat situations, also, is relatively easy read localizations when nothing else is involved, what is difficult is read the next movement and tactics, something that Garnet hasn't show to see.

WeeklyBattles said:
Also like i explained before she can see the potential outcomes of entire days, she will see everything he can do just by looking at him and see all the ways he can beat her, then do what she needs to in order to beat him
The keyword is possible. She would need to know the exact location he planeswalks back to, and knowing Ral he's probably going to make it random and out of the ordinary.

She can see likely possibilities, but Ral isn't the type to do something that comes off as ordinary.

@Dargoo She can in fact see exact locations and has done so before

She can predict the likes of Amethyst, Ral isnt going to be much trouble

I wish she would actually do that on the show for once, but the writters have no idea how to deal with a character with Precognition, so they just ignore her Future Vision unless the plot needs her to use it

@Antonio If he teleports out of the battlefield she wont be in combat, ergo she'd use her future vision to see where he's going to end up and go there

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo She can in fact see exact locations and has done so before
Yet she's also been surprised on numerous occasions by unlikely outcomes, such as the baseball game.

She can see where he would possibly planeswalk to, but for each other location he thinks of her future vision would be less accurate.

I'm fine with incon, though, if we can't pin down exactly how often she guesses where he lands.

Garnet wasnt a part of the baseball game

Again, Garnet can predict the likes of Amethyst, Ral isnt going to be much trouble

I think he means when Sapphire said "I... saw that this was a possibility, though I am surprised that this is the path we're taking".

That was Sapphire, whose precog is explicitly better than Garnet's in certain ways.

I always thought that line was just a plot hole; wasn't Sapphire able to only see one future? How did she see a possibility? Did they legit forget how her precognition works in that scene?

Back