• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garchomp VS Mihawk (2/8/0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Garchomp VS Dracule Mihawk
  • Fight Location: Marineford
  • Starting Distance: 500 Meters
  • Mega Garchomp is being used
  • Garchomps's "IQ Skills" are disabled
Garchomp: 2 (WeeklyBattles, theultimate5105)
Dracule Mihawk: 8 (KingTempest, SamanPatou, StrawhatArslan, ZoroNotZolo, Axxtentacle, Eminiteable, Waka1979, Dr.Fix)
Inconclusive:
V3M2VEv.png

xfB2Noj.png

Last edited:
So Garchomp has a scary ass AP advantage. Also has a range advantage and variety.

Iirc Mihawk has the speed advantage. Mega Garchomp < .53c while Mihawk is > .57c.

Question is, what stops Mihawk from staying back and spamming sword slashes? Iirc Garchomp doesn't have any rapid fire spammable techniques.

So Garchomp has a scary ass AP advantage. Also has a range advantage and variety.

Iirc Mihawk has the speed advantage. Mega Garchomp < .53c while Mihawk is > .57c.

Question is, what stops Mihawk from staying back and spamming sword slashes? Iirc Garchomp doesn't have any rapid fire spammable techniques.
Garchomp has superior range it seems.

Garchomp has far superior range, but he doesn't seem to have spammable attacks.

Mihawk is a close range and long range fighter. He can just dodge most of his attacks and spam sword slices. Garchomp is overall better, but idk if a sword spam with wider range is an issue.
Aiming upwards
0561-006.png

Garchomp has an astronomical increase in AP & Durability, I don’t see why he doesn’t simply block or cut through the slashes with his own blades, especially he has Parry.

Garchomp has an astronomical increase in AP & Durability, I don’t see why he doesn’t simply block or cut through the slashes with his own blades, especially he has Parry.
Would he have parry? From my knowledge Pokemon usually only have one ability at a time and Mega Garchomp only has the ability 'Sand Force'

Because Mihawk has higher speed and is spammable, and this is Mega Garchomp who doesn't have Parry, but Sand Force

I doubt this Pokémon is anywhere near skilled enough to land attacks on someone much faster and much more skilled.

I vote for Mihawk for attack spam, wider attacks, and can aim in the air while being faster.

Be careful with unequalized speed, as even a small difference in numbers can mean a huge difference in the results, due to how speed works (though I can't properly explain it nor I know the specifics).

Garchomp has some ranged options, despite it prefers physical combat (and its profile lacks some stuff from the newest game) and our profiles are for Pokémon at max level and etc., and Garchomp is naturally used at hunting and fighting others, such as Salamance-s, but I agree Mihawk most likely is more skilled.
Also, Mega Garchomp is constantly blided by rage and in a sort of berserk mode due to the effects of the mega evolution, and likely wouldn't go for the most strategic options (the Pokédex also hints that it generally goes for slashing attacks while transformed).

I still vote Mihawk for skill and intelligence, but the fight may not be so easy.

I vote for Mihawk for attack spam, wider attacks, and can aim in the air while being faster.
Earthquake and Bulldoze have a wider range than Mihawk's attacks and bulldoze in particular would cut Mihawk's speed in half, completey nulling that minor speed advantage he has

Where does his range even come from? I don't remember any of his attacks traveling that distance.

God level Kenbun Haki negs most of them anyway.

I also never got were Pokémon range comes from, tbh.

Also, TM/TR moves aren't accepted for profiles (at least not now, there was a CRT about it iirc).

Nevermind (partially), Earthquake and Fire Blast come from GO, Pokémon profiles are kinda outdated on that side.

Also, Garchomp is still in berserk mode while in mega form, I'm not sure it can pull off the best of the strategies, and the dex points out at it slashing everything with its scythes, which isn't everything but gives an idea of its behaviour.

Garchomp also has the ability Tenacity meaning that even if Mihawk does hit him it will cause Mihawk to flinch when he does

Garchomp also has the ability Tenacity meaning that even if Mihawk does hit him it will cause Mihawk to flinch when he does
I doubt Mihawk of all people is gonna flinch from an attack from something he can see in advance and see clearly.
Flinching

Okay.

Earthquake and Bulldoze, I don't see any sort of Statics Reduction in his profile. Also again, where does his range come from?

Pokemon have all abilities on their profile so yes he would have parry
What, why? What's the source of that because never in the games have Pokemon been able to access all their abilities in a battle (and I don't remember the anime having that either).

This would especially apply for the case of evolutions because I there are specific abilities in evolution lines that pokemon can only access in their pre-evolutions and I would assume this would be the case for Mega's as well since from what I know of Pokemon they only have access to their mega ability and not their standard ones.

Fire Blast, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Twister, Scary Face, Dragon Breath and some more from breeding, previous gens and such.

Mud Shot and Scary Face though are only TMs, which aren't allowed currently.
(Even the conquest stuff should have been yeeted, but Pokémon canon is always under debate and revising all the profiles is hard).

Oh right, breeding from past gens, make sense.

Garchomp's profile still lacks a lot of stuff, and I'm not sure it can be added like nothing, maybe yes, since they exist and meet the rules about the accepted moves they can have on their profiles.

Also on top of Tenacity Garchomp has the IQ skill Intimidator which has a chance of canceling out incoming attacks, as well as stuff like Concentrator, Counter Basher, and Clutch Performer which would help greatly with that minor speed advantage Mihawk has

What, why? What's the source of that because never in the games have Pokemon been able to access all their abilities in a battle (and I don't remember the anime having that either).

This would especially apply for the case of evolutions because I there are specific abilities in evolution lines that pokemon can only access in their pre-evolutions and I would assume this would be the case for Mega's as well since from what I know of Pokemon they only have access to their mega ability and not their standard ones.

Honestly I'm going to rescind my vote, there seems to be a better argument for garchomp than I thought and I'd like to hear more arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back