• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mihawks energy attacks were blocked by Jozu
At that moment WB did not even try to defend himself from mihawk personally.
Did WB think he could just eat the blast or was he gonna react to it last second??? I digress
Wb should be able to shockwave these away and whatever. I think due to the matter of Mihawk being in his prime and being hyped up narrativly to be zoro's final challenge. Mihawk should win just by spamming energy attacks and just boxing Wb.
Im leaning incon because no idea if Mihawk can even take a hit from a enraged Wb like akainu did.

Mihawks energy attacks were blocked by Jozu
At that moment WB did not even try to defend himself from mihawk personally.
Did WB think he could just eat the blast or was he gonna react to it last second???
Either he expected his subordinates to defend him or him grabbing his Halberd was a sign he planned on hitting the attack back.

It doesn't though, Shanks scales to WB's Hao coating like I said above.
I Actually find this hard to believe. But with current evidence sure enough I guess. Maybe in the future we will get information.

Anyways Incon for now. Mihawk overpowers WB naginata with Yoru while WB using his gura gura to attack Mihawk.

Voting Mihawk, gura strikes/blasts can be blocked by Ryuo barriers which Akainu would have been able to do as well it he wasn't caught of guard by deadbeard.

Assuming WB does land Dura negating strikes it's not like it's going to be a sure fire kill as while Mihawk's endurance is dubious it shouldn't be terrible and as shown with Akainu, Ace and even Blackbeard who takes double damage they can be endurer it if you're on a certain tier. Not to mention Mihawk is also capable of using Goken which while not durability negation is an increase to the damage he can inflict on WB.

And as Tempest brought up above this version of whitebeard will eventually turn into the same Marineford WB who has trouble dodging attacks and has deteriorating health meaning Mihawk will eventually gain the upper hand regardless and win.

Marineford whitebeard was holding back... When he didn't he quickly destroy Akainu, Acting like he's no match for him...
And as Tempest brought up above this version of whitebeard will eventually turn into the same Marineford WB who has trouble dodging attacks and has deteriorating health meaning Mihawk will eventually gain the upper hand regardless and win.
won't matter if he's health will deteriorate... He has the stamina and endurance to keep fighting something mihawk hasn't shown to be able to do, even while his health deteriorated, he could easily defeat Akainu and Blackbeard when being serious.

Marineford whitebeard was holding back... When he didn't he quickly destroy Akainu, Acting like he's no match for him...
He wasn't holding back, Akainu got hit with a quake while he was off guard because he was fighting Marco and Vista; keep in mind an even healthier WB was stalemated by Akainu who was on guard.

And even then those two quakes didn't destroy or defeat Akainu as he was still conscious he just fell in a hole, which when he emerged he pretty much showed no sign of being close to defeat.
won't matter if he's health will deteriorate... He has the stamina and endurance to keep fighting something mihawk hasn't shown to be able to do, even while his health deteriorated, he could easily
He has great endurance, but the fact that he can barely dodge attacks from Squard which was mentioned by Marco specifically means he's at a heavy disadvantage. Keep in mind his inability to dodge was before he had taken any damage.

He wasn't holding back,
He definitely was holding back... We know this because 1. He was wanting to sacrifice himself to save ace and was planning on dying 2. Blackbeard was surprised whitebeard wasn't holding back against him 3. Stated that whitebeard got angry at akainu which then lead to whitebeard taking him out for a long time and destroying marineford 4. I think I remember some translation that implied or stated he didn't want to destroy marineford... Which he did when he got angry/serious
Akainu got hit with a quake while he was off guard because he was fighting Marco and Vista; keep in mind an even healthier WB was stalemated by Akainu who was on guard.
You talking about this where his attack was meant for fodder marines? Which he then easily stopped akainu's attack that was targeting him. Swiped away/parried/blocked his attack again, his heart stopped functioning well and akainu used that as an opportunity to land a hit, akainu also before everything needed someone of whitebeards crew to deal major damage beforehand.
And even then those two quakes didn't destroy or defeat Akainu as he was still concious he just fell in a hole, which when he emerged he pretty much showed no sign of being close to defeat.
He clearly got defeated in that moment... He couldn't even move and fell... And even after all of that easily destroyed blackbeard to the point he needed help from his whole crew plus even after whitebeard died there were still no sign of akainu meaning he got defeated and needed a long time to come back again which he did after a long time

He has great endurance, but the fact that he can barely dodge attacks from Squard which was mentioned by Marco specifically means he's at a heavy disadvantage. Keep in mind his inability to dodge was before he had taken any damage.
Again that wouldn't matter because of his endurance, durability and haki... Which even at a much much worse state destroyed Akainu and Blackbeard.

To me you have already kinda lied and twisted situations for your own headcanon so... I won't care anymore on this match

Remove my vote and... Bye 🐵
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

He definitely was holding back... We know this because 1. He was wanting to sacrifice himself to save ace and was planning on dying 2. Blackbeard was surprised whitebeard wasn't holding back against him 3. Stated that whitebeard got angry at akainu which then lead to whitebeard taking him out for a long time and destroying marineford 4. I think I remember some translation that implied or stated he didn't want to destroy marineford... Which he did when he got angry/serious
1. If he was willing to sacrifice himself to save ace why would that be justification that he's holding back at all.
2. He's surprised as he was once one of WB's sons, which is why immediately after Teach said that WB said "I won't call you my son anymore teach".
3: doesn't support him holding back, I already covered this in my previous posts.
4. Would need to see evidence, and either way restricting his AOE =\= restricting his AP.
You talking about this where his attack was meant for fodder marines? Which he then easily stopped akainu's attack that was targeting him. Swiped away/parried/blocked his attack again, his heart stopped functioning well and akainu used that as an opportunity to land a hit, akainu also before everything needed someone of whitebeards crew to deal major damage beforehand.
Yes I'm talking about that fight where they were stalemated.
He clearly got defeated in that moment... He couldn't even move and fell... And even after all of that easily destroyed blackbeard to the point he needed help from his whole crew plus even after whitebeard died there were still no sign of akainu meaning he got defeated and needed a long time to come back again which he did after a long time
No Akainu's opponent was never Whitebeard, he had finished off Ace and was aiming for Luffy. Whitebeard was already guaranteed to die regardless of if Akainu fought him. Akainu was wounded by the gura strike but he was nowhere near defeat, he fell into the ravinr and user the opportunity to chase after Luffy underground.

If he or Blackbeard were defeated as you're claiming they wouldn't have been able to keep fighting as they did afterwards. They were hit by durability negating attacks which obviously would have effected them, similar to Kaido in chapter 1000 getting knocked off his feet from Luffy's. But regardless that's not being defeated.
Again that wouldn't matter because of his endurance, durability and haki... Which even at a much much worse state destroyed Akainu and Blackbeard.
Already covered Haki & Endurance in previoue posts. Not sure why you're bringing up durability.

Last edited:
Mmm 👍

Debunked everything that I knew you could only debunk... And the other you just use headcanon and your own interpretation of what happened, nothing I can do against that... It will just go back and forth

Mmm 👍

Debunked everything that I knew you could only debunk... And the other you just use headcanon and your own interpretation of what happened, nothing I can do against that... It will just go back and forth
Didn't debunk points that aren't relevant to my justifications for Mihawk winning as I don't want to derail with pointless discussions. This is Mihawk Vs WB not Akainu Vs WB.

This is Mihawk Vs WB not Akainu Vs WB.
Akainu vs wb has alot to do with Mihawk Vs WB... Akainu is in the same league as mihawk, you brought up points of whitebeard being unable to dodge attacks because his condition was worsening and I brought points to why that wouldn't matter as he destroyed Akainu and Blackbeard which you didn't want to accept

you brought up points of whitebeard being unable to dodge attacks because his condition was worsening and I brought points to why that wouldn't matter as he destroyed Akainu and Blackbeard which you didn't want to accept
And I brought up in multiple posts why he didn't destroy them.

This argument makes me think the fight is still incon. They are both more likely to die fighting each other than either winning.

I think I'm going to vote inconclusive. Both of them have viable win cons, and both of them have approximately the same AP, though not enough of Mihawk's feats have been shown to really determine how durable he is against opponents of approximately equal power.

Makes me think how much the gap between Zoro and Mihawk has lessened, or how good of a fight Shanks will be able to put up against Luffy now that he’s obtained Gear 5 and fought toe-to-toe with Kaido. Will it even be a challenge anymore?

Makes me think how much the gap between Zoro and Mihawk has lessened, or how good of a fight Shanks will be able to put up against Luffy now that he’s obtained Gear 5 and fought toe-to-toe with Kaido. Will it even be a challenge anymore?
Mihawks reputation is far greater than the other warlords of the sea. When he fights later in the series for real I think its gonna be a really hard fight.

Back