• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hmmmm, very interesting, but can gura-gura no mi can like negate mihawk's sword blast in some ways?

But i thought whitebeard while old is still far stronger than mihawk because his haki is possibly greater than mihawk? Then again mihawk haven't shown that he's serious or something

Hmm Whitebeard does have better Haki plus can boost his shit via the Gura Gura so id think they should be at least comparable if not a slight advantage to WB due to the boosts.

What's the better haki argument based on? Besides Haoshoku which isn't relevant they're both Intermediate Kenbunshoku and Advanced Busoshoku users on the profile.

He's able to, but it isn't really relevant since Mihawk scales above Shanks who matched WB's hao coating & is stated his equal in the VC.
Can we really say that Shanks matching WB in a single panel with Hao coating make he totally equal? We see that Luffy did the same thing with Kaido and was still inferior; btw we don't know if Whitebeard also used advanced Busou in that move or just raw Haoshoku.

Yes and? If Whitebeard didn't have it he'd be even lower, it doesn't make them equal but it makes them closer then they would be.
I mean I agree, but I'm just making the point that Mihawk > Shanks = Old WB's Hao coating so it's not relevant in a discussion on who has the better haki.

Can we really say that Shanks matching WB in a single panel with Hao coating make he totally equal? We see that Luffy did the same thing with Kaido and was still inferior; btw we don't know if Whitebeard also used advanced Busou in that move or just raw Haoshoku.
Luffy matching Kaido showed he wasn't inferior in AP to whatever form Kaido was in, the same applies to Shanks and WB. We don't know if they're using buso due to it being pre-timeskip but that doesn't matter much as it's stated the two of them are equals in the VC.

Whitebeard should have better haki via actually having haki feats

Anyway Mihawk does have the AP and Skill advantage but WB does have the limited Durability negation, I think better AoE and far better Endurance.

I think better AoE and far better Endurance.
He has better AOE but his actual AOE isn't that effective against people on his level (It really only effected the fodder soldiers at marineford and people around the world) and it more comes down to his actual gura blasts which I don't think have better AOE than Mihawk's air slashes, he does have better endurance feats though.

Mihawk should hold the range advantage however.

He has better AOE but his actual AOE isn't that effective against people on his level (It really only effected the fodder soldiers at marineford and people around the world) and it more comes down to his actual gura blasts which I don't think have better AOE than Mihawk's air slashes, he does have better endurance feats though.

Mihawk should hold the range advantage however.
Its kinda funny that a swordsman would have a range advantage tho lol

He has better AOE but his actual AOE isn't that effective against people on his level
Kinda is
0575-006.png

Luffy matching Kaido showed he wasn't inferior in AP to whatever form Kaido was in, the same applies to Shanks and WB. We don't know if they're using buso due to it being pre-timeskip but that doesn't matter much as it's stated the two of them are equals in the VC.
Well, Luffy later proved inferior in another match, but that's not the case. I didn't remember that statement from the Vivre-card. Whitebeard is still superior in stamina (By feats, Mihawk is totally outclassed in this area), the AP gap is unknown and i think over time WB would last longer (He also has a high pain tolerance to help in the rough duel).

. I didn't remember that statement from the Vivre-card.
0017-02-Shanks-VC.jpg

"新世界"に君臨する"四皇"が一角。かつてロジャー海賊団の見習いだった彼は、後に"鷹の目"と文字通りしのぎを削り、やがて"白ひげ"と対等に渉り合う存在に成長した。

One of the "Four Emperors" who reign in the "New World. Once an apprentice to Roger's pirates, he later went head-to-head with "Hawk-Eye" and eventually became an equal to "Whitebeard".
Neutral for now but leaning with old whitebeard

I was referring to that AOE when I mentioned his actual gura blasts, but that doesn't seem to have more aoe than Mihawk's big air slashes.
Well, Luffy later proved inferior in another match, but that's not the case. I didn't remember that statement from the Vivre-card. Whitebeard is still superior in stamina (By feats, Mihawk is totally outclassed in this area)
Don't believe that happened with regular Hybrid. It's mentioned on Shanks' profile. Endurance, sure, but his actual stamina is just being scaled above characters he's stronger than which would apply to Mihawk for the same reasoning if it's used.
the AP gap is unknown
It isn't.

Last edited:
Don't believe that happened with regular Hybrid. It's mentioned on Shanks' profile. Endurance, sure, but his actual stamina is just being scaled above characters he's stronger than which Mihawk would apply to Mihawk for the same reasoning if it's used.
I remember now, the original translation says that Kaido's Haki got stronger after he got drunk; yes, it's in the profile, but I don't have every detail of the profiles in mind :v; if I'm not mistaken there is a rule on the wikia about not scaling character stamina for no apparent reason, I believe Whitebeard is scaling Akainu because he is physically superior.

if I'm not mistaken there is a rule on the wikia about not scaling character stamina for no apparent reason, I believe Whitebeard is scaling Akainu because he is physically superior.
Pretty sure I heard that as well, but yeah Whitebeard and most of the top tiers are scaling to the same stamina feats due to physically being superior to other characters.

This is gonna turn into a Sword fight WB with his Naginata and Mihawk with Yoru but i would say Mihawk takes it with Extreme Difficulty since he is > Shanks who is ~ Oldbeard

Can we please not judge this fight by who hits harder?

We've seen several of WB's abilities, let's not come here and just say that it's gonna be a blade on blade fight when that's not all WB does
Yeah true that... Narratively i would say Oldbeard got the slight edge but Matchup wise they both got wincons... im routing for inconclusive for now since we dont have enough feats of Mihawk equalizing Whitebeard's in Marineford

Back