• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ganon vs Medaka Box's best character

Firephoenixearl said:
You completely misinterpreted that part. Nanamie states that styles are a pattern (puns basically) and can be transmitted using vibrations. By transmitting the vibration you can lean a style instantly if the pattern is transmitted via vibrations. That's why medaka learned her style without such a need.
They aren't "literally the ability to make puns", they're a power of their own that can be learned and shared, but not everyone that can make puns has a style. It resists copying and bypasses defensive abilities, but that doesn't mean that it resists sealing.

And how the **** does "A style is a pattern, it can be transmitted using vibrations" mean to you "Styles are puns"? They're powers based off of using puns, but that doesn't make them hard to seal.

And I don't get that part about Medaka learning the style, she never got transmitted vibrations from Fukurou, as far as I remember.

That's literally what they are. That's why the end doesn't work. They are the ability to use words as weapons which is why they work on iihiko cus as they said powers don't reach iihiko but words do.

The End doesn't work because it's not a skill and The End only copies skills. Styles were developed to get around Iihiko's immunity to skills, of course they can't be copied by an ability that copies skills.

From what I've seen in this thread Ganon has enough resistance to sealing to deal with BM.

I'm not very familiar with the series, but apparently he resists it. The ones that manage to seal him are just really powerful.

TriforcePower1 said:
constantly resists sealing, even those of holy nature which are his main weakness.

I mean, there's a reason Link is so important to defeat Ganon even if he eventually gets sealed away. If you don't weaken him, you can't seal him. Zelda tried that in BOTW using her sacred powers and only managed to physically restrict Ganon into Hyrule Castle with all of his powers still intact instead of sealing him to oblivion or something like she does at the end of the game.

Ganondorf hasnt resist sealing like BookMaker's.

The sealing he has been put through is more on the lines of a "cage" or "restraint".

The girl who trapped people in card's had a sealing similar to what Ganondorf has resisted.

PaChi2 said:
Ganondorf hasnt resist sealing like BookMaker's.

The sealing he has been put through is more on the lines of a "cage" or "restraint".
I'm not familiar with Zelda lore so I'll stay out of this, but I'd hesitate to say his resistance wouldn't apply just because the sealing gives different results. Even in MB, characters who resist being sealed by Bookmaker also resist being sealed by other effects.

I'm not familiar with Zelda lore so I'll stay out of this, but I'd hesitate to say his resistance wouldn't apply just because the sealing gives different results. Even in MB, characters who resist being sealed by Bookmaker also resist being sealed by other effects.

But not vice versa like the case with ganon is so that's a moot point.

Firephoenixearl said:
But not vice versa like the case with ganon is so that's a moot point.
What do you mean? Who resisted only Momo's sealing and not Kumagawa's?

What do you mean? Who resisted only Momo's sealing and not Kumagawa's?

Mainly ajimu cus she's the only one who resisted momos sealing. And kuma got out via his sealing being better in a sense.

Firephoenixearl said:
Mainly ajimu cus she's the only one who resisted momos sealing. And kuma got out via his sealing being better in a sense.
Ajimu resisted Kumagawa's sealing too. Three bookmaker screws lasted 3 years on her when they'd last 30 years on a normal person, iirc.

Ajimu resisted Kumagawa's sealing too. Three bookmaker screws lasted 3 years on her when they'd last 30 years on a normal person, iirc.

That's not resisting. It still worked on ajimu when momos seal didn't. Ajimu is just >>>>>>>>>> anyone else so it's harder to seal for more and remember she only got out because medaka reformed kuma so the seal wad weakened on top of losing all fiction.

Firephoenixearl said:
That's not resisting. It still worked on ajimu when momos seal didn't. Ajimu is just >>>>>>>>>> anyone else so it's harder to seal for more and remember she only got out because medaka reformed kuma so the seal wad weakened on top of losing all fiction.
Having it last a shorter amount of time is resisting. Falling asleep for 1 minute from sleep manip that usually works for 3 days is resisting.

Yes, Ajimu is so strong that she has resistance to sealing.

Even before Medaka reformed Kumagawa the seals were already weakening.

EDIT: Also, not a huge point, but didn't Momo's seal work on Ajimu, even though it was just for a short amount of time?

In a sense I guess but not by our meaning of it. Our definition of resisting is if an ability doesn't work on smb. It still worked on ajimu.

Not really the seal weakening was the reason ajimu got out.

Not really she could have come out wherever she wanted.

That's just incorrect. From the Resistance page...

Resistance is the ability to lessen the effectiveness of certain techniques and abilities through whatever means, such as greatly decreasing the potency of Mind Manipulation or nullifying it altogether.
The seal weakened faster than it normally does on people, which is resistance.

Yep, Momo's seal worked.

Also, Kumagawa's sealing seals a person's powers. What Ganon resists is having his entire being, powers included, sealed.

Kumagawa's sealing is a smaller scale version of what Ganon resisted. Ganon won't have many troubles.

It's similar to why resisting complete brainwash generally means you can also resist empathic Manipulation or other sub-categories of mind Manipulation.

Doesn't matter if it's not the same. What Kuma does is seal a piece of Ganon when he resists getting his whole being sealed.

Even if she could get out of Momo's seal whenever she wanted, the fact still remains that Ajimu resisted Book Maker's seal. That's all that matters.

Agnaa said:
Even if she could get out of Momo's seal whenever she wanted, the fact still remains that Ajimu resisted Book Maker's seal. That's all that matters.
She resisted bm while being immune to the card seal. That's what you're not getting.

TriforcePower1 said:
Doesn't matter if it's not the same. What Kuma does is seal a piece of Ganon when he resists getting his whole being sealed.
Bm. Has no sold those kinds of resistances before so yes it does matter.

Firephoenixearl said:
She resisted bm while being immune to the card seal. That's what you're not getting.
Your point 20 minutes ago: "Ajimu resisted Momo's seal but didn't resist Kumagawa's"

Your point now: "Ajimu resisted both but she resisted Momo's more"

BM is a more potent seal but from what I've heard, Ganondorf also has more impressive resistance to Momo-type seals.

? Bookmaker never bypassed Resistances. Ajimu was still able to escape the seal in short time even if it supposedly should have lasted 30 years. Zelda's seal, when Ganon got weakened by Link at the end of the game, can keep him sealed for 10,000 years. So yes, Bookmaker isn't going to bypass Ganon's Resistance to Sealing.

Agnaa, now it's as if you're tying to defeat the argument with word play. Your point was who resisted momo but not bm?

My answer is momos seal didn't work at all while bm just worked for a shorter period but still worked. That means ganon gets 1 shotted. Since the time it's essentially infinite as he can just add more screws.

TriforcePower1 said:
? Bookmaker never bypassed Resistances. Ajimu was still able to escape the seal in short time even if it supposedly should have lasted 30 years. Zelda's seal, when Ganon got weakened by Link at the end of the game, can keep him sealed for 10,000 years. So yes, Bookmaker isn't going to bypass Ganon's Resistance to Sealing.
Momos seal lasts for eternity basically yet it wasn't af potent as bm. We don't scale seals form time limit.

Also incap gg

I said "People who resist being sealed by Bookmaker also resist being sealed by other effects"

You said "It doesn't work the other way" (implying people who resist Momo's seal don't resist Bookmaker)

I asked for an example.

You gave Ajimu.

But let's say that we just misunderstood each other and you didn't mean to say that Ajimu resists Momo's sealing but not Bookmaker's. Ganon would still resist Bookmaker, when he was strong he no-sold a 10,000 year-long seal. Bookmaker usually only lasts for 30 years.

Firephoenixearl said:
Momos seal lasts for eternity basically yet it wasn't af potent as bm. We don't scale seals form time limit.

Also incap gg
If we're not scaling from time limit, I'm pretty sure Ganondorf has more layers of resistance than Bookmaker's dealt with.

Bookmaker seals better than a seal that seals people who resist seals (3 layers).

Ganondorf resists holy sealing when he's explicitly weak against holy stuff. The problem here lies in the strength of the sealing. A relatively normal person would be able to escape Kuma's sealing in around 30 years, where Zelda can seal for 10,000 years.

TriforcePower1 said:
Ganondorf resists holy sealing when he's explicitly weak against holy stuff. The problem here lies in the strength of the sealing. A relatively normal person would be able to escape Kuma's sealing in around 30 years, where Zelda can seal for 10,000 years.
Momo can seal people for eternity. So that makes momo > anything in zelda. BM is above that so RIP.

Again there is also the incap. Anyway imma go to sleep now.

And again the incap wouldn't work due to Ganondorf's resistance to empathic manip...

Agnaa said:
And again the incap wouldn't work due to Ganondorf's resistance to empathic manip...
It's not emp manip i think. Then again it has shown better feats than country level. Namely ajimu and her millions of other versions. BM sealed all of them otherwise ajimu would still be able to act through her other selves which she couldn't

Firephoenixearl said:
It's not emp manip i think. Then again it has shown better feats than country level. Namely ajimu and her millions of other versions. BM sealed all of them otherwise ajimu would still be able to act through her other selves which she couldn't
That's not an incap feat, we're talking about the incap.

That's not an incap feat, we're talking about the incap.

It's still amount of minds affected which is easy above ganon s paygrade.

Firephoenixearl said:
It's still amount of minds affected which is easy above ganon s paygrade.
There is not even a hint that Bookmaker incapped every single Not Equal.

Back