• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freedom Planet Tier 5 Upgrade

Bobsican

He/Him
I may as well bother bringing this up as Freedom Planet 2 released a few months ago and I finally got to play it.

Besides major spoilers, Bakunawa is an spaceship that can consume planets to then make fuel for intergalactic travel, anyways, Lilac and company can withstand the laser used for that, quite simple.

However, just in case, before anyone wonders how the moon in the background isn't nuked as well, it's because it's too far away for that part to work, yeah, that's a plot point, and as the background implies, Lilac is basically taking the laser at point blank as she's even inside Bakunawa's mouth, so this can't really be handwaved away.

And it's not a game mechanic either while we're on that, the true final boss has a one hit kill move that ignores even "invencibility frames" for stuff like Dragon Boost, so if it wasn't intended to be withstandable it'd have been that way.

Of note this'd just make all the main characters 5-C or so, namely out of Syntax retroactively scaling out of being the true final boss, making a copy of Lord Brevon is even one of its attacks.

Edit: It's also possible to take the feat as just High 6-A based on this, but it'd ultimately depend on what the staff think on the matter.

Last edited:
I doubt it would scale to the FP1 cast because the FP2 cast is stated to be training and be much stronger than their FP1 self.

Also, you can clearly see this in people like Millia who clearly are stronger and skilled than before.

Will there be any P&A additions for main cast for FP2?

5-C seems to make sense to me.

Also a mascot platformer where the moon and planet getting hit by a giant lazer is a major plot point, geez I wonder where I've seen that before?

They actually will get AD and Rage Power.

Since in the first game Lilac got one shotted by Brevon but by the end of it and after getting angry she defeated him, Carol would get the same thing too.

It also happens in the second game, since all four heroines by the start of it got defeated by Merga in a 4v1 but by the end of it each one of them could beat her 1v1 (and it was a 1v1 since we know when the heroines fight together, so the fact that it wasn't done here is further proof of it) and the fact that some bosses appear latter as regular enemies.

Also while I still I'm ok that they scale to 5-C, nobody should scale directly to the bakunawa fusion, they should downscale since it needed all 4 heroines working together to stand a chance and not only were they unable to overcome it's healing, but it could also oneshot them, it required Merga to break it's horn and then work together in a 5v1 to finally put it down.

I mean, it was just removing its regenerative capabilities, which'd still put them on the same ballpark as a defensive ability of that sort just turns it one-sided, but not out of stats to begin with, and it can only one shot with a particular move that's not used that often, so if anything the downscale wouldn't be that high TBH.

Yeah but it still needed all 5 of them working together.

It wouldn't be that big of a gap but the Bakunawa Fusion should still be stronger than them individually.

Lilac's Dragon Boost can directly clash with Merga's, which did a heavy blow on Bakunawa Fusion, downscaling just because of teamwork when they can stand individually against it (it's not like everyone has to hit at the same time or similar) seems inappropriate.

If you have a fight between multiple people and one person then it's logical that the group downscales individually, I assume that's how it's always been done.

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't that Dragon Boost Clash happened before the first boss fight against Merga? You know, the one she defeated all of Team Lilac at the same time? She was probably holding back during that time.

And like, I'm not saying they downscale massively or anything, they just be a little weaker.

If you have a fight between multiple people and one person then it's logical that the group downscales individually, I assume that's how it's always been done.

And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't that Dragon Boost Clash happened before the first boss fight against Merga? You know, the one she defeated all of Team Lilac at the same time? She was probably holding back during that time.
Well, not necessarily, context matters and all, for our purposes the main priority is if they can fight the opponent on their own (as in, not being a burden by themselves), as then it'd show each character can take hits on their own and attack as well.

The clash can happen in-gameplay when Merga does a Dragon Boost and Lilac also does the same in the opposite direction, which includes the fight right before the true final boss battle.

How weak they'd be in relation at worst also seems rather neglegible with how they do defeat Bakunawa Fusion anyways.

I mean yeah they beat it, but that's cause they all ganged up on it and overtaxed it's Regen while at it, plus a surprise attack from Merga.

Dunno, I guess at the end if they downscale then it be fine, I guess it be:

Bakunawa Fusion=>End Of FP2 Lilac=End Of FP2 Carol=End Of FP2 Millia=End Of FP2 Neera=Merga>Beginning of FP2 Team Lilac.

I'm not entirely sure the beam could one-shot the moon from what I have read. I do think it's a really good feat, but all the scans in the OP imply the moon would be broken apart for its materials in a "mining" process to use as fuel. I don't think it would be referred to as a "mining" laser if it just shattered the moon into a billion pieces in one shot. It sounds like a gradual process.
considering how long the first tried shot went, it seems quite implied to be meant to take a reasonably short timeframe to be within tier 5, respectively.
I think that's because the moon was out of reach. They had no reason to keep the beam going if it couldn't even reach the moon. That would be pointlessly wasting power.

From the sounds of it, it sounds like the beam was meant to punch a hole in the moon and start cracking it apart to harvest the materials for power.

I think Tier 6 as suggested earlier seems more fitting, but I could be missing something.

A mere crack of a few kilometers at most seems unlikely as said before given how it was made clear this "mining" would've considerably compromised the main planet as a whole as said before.

Plus if it was going to take that long everyone wouldn't be as rushed.

Last edited:
A mere crack of a few kilometers at most seems unlikely as said before given how it was made clear this "mining" would've considerably compromised the main planet as a whole as said before.
Not a few kilometers of cracking. The whole moon cracking. Think of it like the moon slowly crumbling from being mined of its materials. That's what the name and description seem to imply. Not to mention, the statements seem vague. What about the planet is being "compromised"? The first clip merely stated the Earth would "rot" after they left the Solar System. With the other statements being "the rest of the world would suffer" which is also vague with zero clarification on what that indicates. It just sounds like the process of mining the moon for its resources would cause issues on Earth, but how that happens isn't clear. It could be the moon's influence over the tides, it could be small chunks of moon slowly drifting towards earth, it could mean several other things. I don't think it's enough to assume the moon will be blasted apart in an instant and collide with the Earth.
Plus if it was going to take that long everyone wouldn't be as rushed.
It doesn't need to take a long time. As I stated, I still feel the feat is easily Tier 6 stuff. It could've taken minutes of time for the moon to be destroyed, which would still be urgent.

I also realized the time the beam was fired was longer than what was shown. It fires for like 10 or so seconds.

I still think the feat is done relatively quick. As in a few minutes at most, to around a minute at least. I just don't think it's spontaneously exploding which would warrant it 5-C. I think it would be high Tier 6.

The name of the planet isn't Earth, it's Avalice, anyways, High 6-A would work then?

The name of the planet isn't Earth, it's Avalice, anyways, High 6-A would work then?
I think so, yeah. I guess maybe one way you could get AP is by taking the full amount of time the laser was being fired, and divide baseline moon level by how many seconds the laser fired. It's likely the laser was set to fire for long enough to destroy the moon (Unless it's fully manual and based on them switching it on and off rather than a set time frame they can set). The feat starts at 1:25:05 and ends at 1:25:21. 16 seconds.

So I guess you could argue Moon level divided by 16 seconds under the assumption that's the amount of time they set the laser to fire for to be able to fully harvest the Moon's power or smth. If you want a low-end, just assume baseline High 6-A ig. But I think we can all agree the 16 second idea sounds better.

From what I understand, the + is the baseline of the tier+the Baseline of the next tier divided by 2.

From what I understand, the + is the baseline of the tier+the Baseline of the next tier divided by 2.
A minor mistake. The + is the average of the baseline of a tier and the baseline of the next tier. Which is what you said. Baseline + Baseline/2. Did the math, you're right. It would be below +.

I guess all that'd be left is waiting for the mods.
I'd note the solution we came up to in the OP. However, I wouldn't delete what you have currently written. It's possible they may still side with 5-C. But it'd be nice to see both alternatives within the OP.

Oh, and count me as agree for High 6-A. Not that it matters much.

Back