• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freedom Planet Tier 5 Upgrade

bump
Btw, y'all should look at the potion multipliers, those are straight up based on porcentages and could upgrade a lotta stuff in the verse (speed, AP/Durability, etctera). Also, the Super Dragon Boost boost speed/AP for Lilac, so there goes a "higher" to slap in her page.

And it's not a game mechanic either while we're on that, the true final boss has a one hit kill move that ignores even "invencibility frames" for stuff like Dragon Boost, so if it wasn't intended to be withstandable it'd have been that way.
Should also be noted, the final boss directly takes energy from the core of the ship to amplify themselves, which should be support for direct scaling as well.

I also agree with Maverick that High 6-A is safer.

I'd think this is good to go given the lack of objections.

The grace period already expired long ago with how much this thread lasted.

Considering it's called a planet cracker, and was meant to consume the moon, I think 5-C/Possibly 5-B is the most suitable. High 6-A doesn't hold up to scrutiny at the face of multiple statements.

The 18 seconds KE thing is also meaningless, there is a statement right there that says the beam breaks down matter and consumes it, it'd transform an entire moon (possibly planet) into sheer energy.
Hell, this is grounds to give the cash resistance to Descontruction/Absorption/Matter Manip.

Considering it's called a planet cracker, and was meant to consume the moon, I think 5-C/Possibly 5-B is the most suitable. High 6-A doesn't hold up to scrutiny at the face of multiple statements.
Neither of which indicate tier 5. Cracking a planet is a Tier 6 feat typically, and "consuming the moon" is vague. It doesn't indicate Tier 5 either because the moon doesn't need to be consumed instantly to be "consumed". In fact, majority of the time, things are consumed over time.

I'd think this is good to go given the lack of objections.

The grace period already expired long ago with how much this thread lasted.
Feel free to update the profiles accordingly, tier 5 stuff can be left for a later date and I think the next big priority is to add the new P&A from FP2 for @BlastX CRT since this CRT has already gone long enough.

Neither of which indicate tier 5. Cracking a planet is a Tier 6 feat typically, and "consuming the moon" is vague. It doesn't indicate Tier 5 either because the moon doesn't need to be consumed instantly to be "consumed". In fact, majority of the time, things are consumed over time.
Consuming is vague, however that's almost all from sources not knowledgeable enough to speak of its true nature, read Lilac, Milla, Neera, Serpentine (who assumed it was just a mining laser), and etctera.
And when it comes to knowledgeable sources we only have, read, Merga and a historical log in the Parusa museum, who are clear with how the weapon works, and I can provide quotes:

"Bakuwana will rise to the sky and devour your moon...giving her the energy it needs to leave this solar system!"

"A key feature was the experimental PLANET-CRACKER BEAM: capable of BREAKING APART MATTER and harvesting the materials to POWER AND REPAIR the ship!!! - As seen in a historical log in the Parusa museum.

And while The Magister has refered to it as a "mining laser"

and such is supported by Cordelia

context makes it VERY clear it was neither accident nor it was meant to be a mere mining beam as it doesn't mine, but also has properties that allow it to break down matter in a utilizable state for energy and ship repair purposes, which you could argue would just use the raw stone and potentially the moon's iron core, the Refinery Room stage oddly doesn't showcase anything that'd be able to process iron or stone (and is instead littered with crystals and a presumed-to-be core of sorts in the background), alongside neither of those materials being capable of being used as fuel normally (and raw rock not being useful for repairs).

Consuming is vague, however that's almost all from sources not knowledgeable enough to speak of its true nature, read Lilac, Milla, Neera, Serpentine (who assumed it was just a mining laser), and etctera.
Knowledgeable, read, Merga and a historical log in the Parusa museum are clear with how the weapon works, and I can provide quotes:

"Bakuwana will rise to the sky and devour your moon...giving her the energy it needs to leave this solar system!"

"A key feature was the experimental PLANET-CRACKER BEAM: capable of BREAKING APART MATTER and harvesting the materials to POWER AND REPAIR the ship!!! - As seen in a historical log in the Parusa museum.

And while The Magister has refered to it as a "mining laser"

and such is supported by Cordelia

context makes it VERY clear it was neither accident nor it was meant to be a mere mining beam as it doesn't mine, but also has properties that allow it to break down matter in a utilizable state for energy and ship repair purposes, which you could argue would just use the raw stone and potentially the moon's iron core, the Refinery Room stage oddly doesn't showcase anything that'd be able to process iron or stone (and is instead littered with crystals and a presumed-to-be core of sorts in the background), alongside neither of those materials being capable of being used as fuel normally (and raw rock not being useful for repairs).

Again, nothing here seems to indicate instantaneous eradication of the moon. From the evidence you posted, it sounds like the moon would be destroyed by a mining process that requires the laser to drill into the moon and break apart it's molecules for fuel. It sounds like something that happens RELATIVELY quick, but not instantly.

Again, nothing here seems to indicate instantaneous eradication of the moon. From the evidence you posted, it sounds like the moon would be destroyed by a mining process that requires the laser to drill into the moon and break apart it's molecules for fuel. It sounds like something that happens RELATIVELY quick, but not instantly.

And that's the point, it's not a normal mining laser (and to begin with, it makes no sense for a laser to act as a giant long-range drill, piercing and breaking apart minerals, it either would melt or vaporize it), it can break apart matter itself and refine its components into utilizable materials (presumably, by sending the broken matter to the Refinery Room), which couldn't be farther from fragmentation; we are dealing with Atomization, "break apart matter" and "devour" align perfectly well.

And to add to it, KE fundamentally won't work as the laser is FTL, as per this calc made using the laser blast showcased in here:

Distance between earth and moon: 384,399,861 Meters

Framerate is 1/60, we have .06 as the timeframe

D/T

384,399,861 divided by .06 =
24,024,991,312 M/S or 53,742,374,982 MPH

80c

Feel free to call a calc guy, this lasershould me more or less accurately in the FTL range.

And that's the point, it's not a normal mining laser (and to begin with, it makes no sense for a laser to act as a giant long-range drill, piercing and breaking apart minerals, it either would melt or vaporize it), it can break apart matter itself and refine its components into utilizable materials (presumably, by sending the broken matter to the Refinery Room), which couldn't be farther from fragmentation; we are dealing with Atomization, "break apart matter" and "devour" align perfectly well.

And to add to it, KE fundamentally won't work as the laser is FTL, as per this calc made using the laser blast showcased in here:

Distance between earth and moon: 384,399,861 Meters

Framerate is 1/60, we have .06 as the timeframe

D/T

384,399,861 divided by .06 =
24,024,991,312 M/S or 53,742,374,982 MPH

80c

Feel free to call a calc guy, this lasershould me more or less accurately in the FTL range.

I mean, I'd be fine with atomization being used since it her atom breaks apart molecules. Just wouldn't be fine with assuming the destruction is instant since nothing indicates such. I think the 16 second timeframe works for the reasons listed above, which honestly isn't that big of nerf to the feat. Just results in the result being divided by 16.

I mean, I'd be fine with atomization being used since it her atom breaks apart molecules. Just wouldn't be fine with assuming the destruction is instant since nothing indicates such. I think the 16 second timeframe works for the reasons listed above, which honestly isn't that big of nerf to the feat. Just results in the result being divided by 16.

• No kinetic energy for faster than light speeds: Kinetic energy calculated for faster than light objects, or more precise for objects for which ≥299792458/
    {\displaystyle v\geq 299792458m/s}
    , is not considered legitimate. That is because the kinetic energy of an object, using the correct physical description through relativistic mechanics, would require infinite energy to reach the speed of light, and for objects above the speed of light the equations wouldn't return real values. Since the energy would approach infinity towards the speed of light it also isn't allowed to use relativistic speed as an approximation for the kinetic energy of faster than light objects, since by using an approximation close enough to the speed of light any given value could be reached through that method.

• No kinetic energy for faster than light speeds: Kinetic energy calculated for faster than light objects, or more precise for objects for which ≥299792458/
    {\displaystyle v\geq 299792458m/s}
    , is not considered legitimate. That is because the kinetic energy of an object, using the correct physical description through relativistic mechanics, would require infinite energy to reach the speed of light, and for objects above the speed of light the equations wouldn't return real values. Since the energy would approach infinity towards the speed of light it also isn't allowed to use relativistic speed as an approximation for the kinetic energy of faster than light objects, since by using an approximation close enough to the speed of light any given value could be reached through that method.
I'm not talking about KE. I'm talking about 16 seconds to atomize the moon.

Back