• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freddy Krueger and dream demons upgrade

He controls the entire dream world and can manipulate and control it in any way with the power of the dream demons. He can even change it entirely. And the dream demons gave him the power to create and change an entire universe in any way he wanted. This may sound ridiculous, but I think Freddy and the dream demons could possibly be at least universal level.

Well it should at least be planetary level since it is described as having a dream world counterpart to everything in the real world.

MaxFunnies2550 said:
If it helps the discussion any, in the Dream World we do actually see stars in the background of the planet scene, so I think this means the Dream World can contain stars
If we agree that Freddy can control the entire Dream World it's possible he's Star Level, but I dunno about Universe.
https://youtu.be/DydhogAf-aM?t=444
That makes sense

Uhh, why would he be Planetary, Star or Universe Level?

Manipulating Dreams doesn't give you any significant AP as they're not real.

And most of all, Freddy isn't ever shown to manipulate a Planet, Star or Universe of Dream reality even if we consider it to be equal to physical reality.

Ehhh, gving him a tier based on the Dream World is kinda dodgy. But considering he has a key for that, that is also based on him controlling the town in the Dream World, I guess it wouldn't be too far-fetched to give him a "possible 5-B" instead of the "potentially higher" he has now.

Disagree on the stars though. Considering this is a dream and not a parallel world, or something along those lines, those stars can might as well be decoration in the dream and not real. Can't really apply the same standards for assuming they're real like it's done for pocket realms.

The dream world IS a parallel world. It's described as such in the novels and somewhat touched upon in the movies except in the latter it's very vague. But I agree with 5-B since in the novels the dream world is described as an alternate world that has a counterpart to everything on earth.

Possibly 5-B works for me, but you may want to include a source about him controlling the dream world and everything having a dream counterpart.

Okay, after watching the movie, yes, absolutely, it's High 3-A.

When Nancy falls asleep in class, Freddy himself says through the kid talking about Hamlet that he rules over an Infinite world.

And when Nancy is having the sleep therapy, she was able to pull something from the dreamworld to the real world, proving it is a real place.

Udlmaster said:
When Nancy falls asleep in class, Freddy himself says through the kid talking about Hamlet that he rules over an Infinite world.

And when Nancy is having the sleep therapy, she was able to pull something from the dreamworld to the real world, proving it is a real place.
Are you being serious or are you saying that as an April Fools joke?

Modernmyrmidon said:
Udlmaster said:

Are you being serious or are you saying that as an April Fools joke?
Have you even watched the movie?

I don't see how being ruler over a infinitely place makes him High 3-A if he can't warp the entirety of said place.

EDIT: Also I don't even think the quote is legit. Freddy isn't the ruler of the Dream World, that's the Dream Demons. Even when amped by the Necronomicon and Jason's soul he had his powers casually stripped and was BFR'ed by them.

Qawsedf234 said:
I don't see how being ruler over a infinitely place makes him High 3-A if he can't warp the entirety of said place.
EDIT: Also I don't even think the quote is legit. Freddy isn't the ruler of the Dream World, that's the Dream Demons. Even when amped by the Necronomicon and Jason's soul he had his powers casually stripped and was BFR'ed by them.
This is in the first movie, so all the additions added later on conflict with the original.

As for the Dream Demons, it would just mean they're superior to Freddy.

Also, he has been shown to be able to manipulate it, whenever any one of the characters sleep, he controls all aspects of their dreams, even down to scenarios playing out.

Being from the fist movie is meaningless when it's a continuing series and the person saying the quote is a well known narcissist. If later movies contradict earlier movies its the earlier movies that hold less weight.

As for the Dream Demons, it would just mean they're superior to Freddy

Which contradicts his "Ruler of the Dream World" quote. The Dream Demons are what give him powers and even set limits on his powers. Considering with two massive amps he's still way weaker than them it should be clear who the actual rulers of the Dream World are.

Also, he has been shown to be able to manipulate it,

Sections sure. But never the entire plane.

Qawsedf234 said:
Being from the fist movie is meaningless when it's a continuing series and the person saying the quote is a well known narcissist. If later movies contradict earlier movies its the earlier movies that hold less weight.
As for the Dream Demons, it would just mean they're superior to Freddy
Which contradicts his "Ruler of the Dream World" quote. The Dream Demons are what give him powers and even set limits on his powers. Considering with two massive amps he's still way weaker than them it should be clear who the actual rulers of the Dream World are.

Also, he has been shown to be able to manipulate it,

Sections sure. But never the entire plane.

It doens't neccecarily mean that he can't manipulate the entire Dream realm, nor that he can rule it, in the same way a King or Queen rules over a Country but is still subject to God.

Youy can still have someone above you while still being a ruler. And said Dream Demons, did they set limits on how much he can manipulate? Or How much he can control at once? Because so far, we haven't really been given anything much.

And him gaining massive Amps just leads to the conclusion the Dream Demons are just that much superior to Freddy, despite him possing a portion of their powers.

But that's the big thing. The Queen of England rules the nation, but she can't one shot or reality warp the country. In more fantasy terms Aragorn can't one shot his nation either. Being the ruler of something, which Freddy seemingly isn't anyways, does not give him power to effect the entire thing at once.

And said Dream Demons, did they set limits on how much he can manipulate?

His weakness of needing fear to power himself was set by them on a whim. His powers are directly tied to them and when they felt he was ungreatful they just depowered him.

Or How much he can control at once? Because so far, we haven't really been given anything much

I'm fine with giving him "At least 5-B" or som measure of 4-A based on the locations in various comic/movie scenes woth stars or planets in them. I just have issue with High 3-A sinc3 he isn't shown to be able to control the entire thing. That's more in line with the Dream Demon's rating if we gave them a profile.

He's not comparable in any capacity.

• When he gained the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis he was able to use his powers in the real world
Their are 100% Freddy's superior. I get them having a High 3-A/Low 2-C rating, but not Freddy.

Freddy does not control a universe-sized realm and is definitely not comparable to the Dream Demons.

Honestly, I don't like using "stars in the sky" as justification for any tier regarding pocket dimensions. Freddy is an illusionist with all sorts of weird things going on.

Nor do I think him saying he rules an infinite realm is reliable. We're talking about a self-absorbed, sadistic jackass high on his own power, someone with a tendency to boast, torture, and taunt his opponents. Nothing Freddy says is reliable.

I'm only good with 7-C, and, failing that, Unknown.

Freddy's range is consistently limited to Springwood, and he needs to amass more far to spread further. He can do all sorts of tricks and boast about his own power all he wants, but that's how it is. It makes sense for his power in the Dream World to reflect his range of influence in the real world.

Yeah I'm good with 7-C Freddy or some Tier 5 based on the comic dream scene with the planets. But the only Tier 3/2 rating belongs to the Dream Demons in my view.

Can you share that scene? If it just explicitly shows planets, I would be fine with like, "At least 7-C, possibly 5-B, potentially higher" or something.

I'm fine with updating the Dream Demons. I don't care about them.

Freddy would be a pretty shitty Tier 3/2, anyways.

It's a bit weird to use but I could roll with a possibly 5-B or 5-A here.

Qawsedf234 said:
I dunno if the Dream Demons are Low 2-C since I don't know if they can control the space-time of the Dream World. They're High 3-A or 3-A though.
For the planet this is the scene. Might be to strange to use though.
That definately looks like 5-A since there's obviously 3~ Planets, 2 in the background and one the kid is running on.

Back