• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

Oh yeah he definitely didn't react to the lightning that struck him directly, I'm just wondering whether the Roc bird should count as moving at lightning speed since it was made out of it.

I think this whole lightning speed thing has always been an issue in NNT and it looks like the same questions will continue to pop up in this sequel :/ Nakaba will never be clear about speed just like NNT and timer feats will never see an improvement, it will all be fan calcs and scaling.
Lightning speed has never been an issue in NNT though?

Damn even the movie looks questionable....anyway looks canon and after the holy war which is interesting.

It's written by Nakaba himself and perfectly fits into the story, it's canon. Seeing as how all these different races are included I'm guessing we'll be getting the reason why Arthur is a racist in the sequel? Anyway some shots do looks questionable but overall it looks polished and not like it's a sideshow so I'll take it.

This became quite a long reply, apologies in advance.
Lightning speed has never been an issue in NNT though?
Arthur suprised by Meliodas breaking the sound barrier along with Gilthunder and Hendrickson being pressured and tagged by said attack.

The implication here being that non of their attacks beforehand were at faster than sound speeds...

Along with many other feats which don't exactly support "lightning timer" scaling within NNT.

Like yeah, I get it, Meliodas reacts to lightning and counters it, but it's almost as if Nakaba doesn't realise what that entails. The fact he thinks breaking the sound barrier is at all relevant should tell you that, but there's more, like how they don't perceive minutes as much much longer in their perception. Remember Zeldris vs Ludo? Where Zel couldn't do shit for 1.8 seconds? That should have been the end of it right? Someone who should scale massively above a lightning timer would perceive 1.8 seconds as ages, not as 'instant' or see 0.8 seconds as 'mere' (stated in the scene itself) and Ludo only got one attack off.

Timed feats in NNT didn't see any improvement, there was a timed feat in the earlier chapters, Mel, Ban and King vs Dawn Roar and then another one later in the series, Zeldris vs Ludo. Both were in the deciseconds to seconds range.

So what does this leave us with? Exactly what I said. Fan calcs and scaling. Because no actual feats will come from the manga itself. Nakaba is just a lazy writer with stuff like this. Same shit in Kongou Banchou too.

This became quite a long reply, apologies in advance.

Arthur suprised by Meliodas breaking the sound barrier along with Gilthunder and Hendrickson being pressured and tagged by said attack.

The implication here being that non of their attacks beforehand were at faster than sound speeds...

Along with many other feats which don't exactly support "lightning timer" scaling within NNT.

Like yeah, I get it, Meliodas reacts to lightning and counters it, but it's almost as if Nakaba doesn't realise what that entails. The fact he thinks breaking the sound barrier is at all relevant should tell you that, but there's more, like how they don't perceive minutes as much much longer in their perception. Remember Zeldris vs Ludo? Where Zel couldn't do shit for 1.8 seconds? That should have been the end of it right? Someone who should scale massively above a lightning timer would perceive 1.8 seconds as ages, not as 'instant' or see 0.8 seconds as 'mere' (stated in the scene itself) and Ludo only got one attack off.

Timed feats in NNT didn't see any improvement, there was a timed feat in the earlier chapters, Mel, Ban and King vs Dawn Roar and then another one later in the series, Zeldris vs Ludo. Both were in the deciseconds to seconds range.

So what does this leave us with? Exactly what I said. Fan calcs and scaling. Because no actual feats will come from the manga itself. Nakaba is just a lazy writer with stuff like this. Same shit in Kongou Banchou too.
Apart from Toriko and Bastard!!, i haven't seen an author that's actually been consistent with numbers in any other manga. We tend to ignore them when the feats outweight their statements.

Apart from Toriko and Bastard!!, i haven't seen an author that's actually been consistent with numbers in any other manga. We tend to ignore them when the feats outweight their statements.
Well I suppose that's how you guys do it, I won't fight against it, but as a reader, it bugs me how little Nakaba understands. I like consistency, and it just doesn't exist NNT. Oh well, I'm a sucker for Nakaba's art style and characters.

im Happy for the movie, no more demons has villains , fairy and giants lets see what happens

Percival is going to most likely offset Arthur's magic or be a threat for 0.01 seconds and I can't wait for the lowball.
Ordo transforming back into a human takes the danger from the staffs since you just need to break them, he should've remained a monster.

the biggest low ball im ready for is that if arthur doesnt regrow his arm people gonna scream "he dont have regen" i pretty much think he possibly keeps it off for atonement or something

lmao the whole cath>>>>ban regen dont even make sense, like does it mean he cant be erased or something?

the biggest low ball im ready for is that if arthur doesnt regrow his arm people gonna scream "he dont have regen" i pretty much think he possibly keeps it off for atonement or something
He has two arms on the glass that @Ah_Gou mentioned (and Nanashi has his wings back) but last we actually saw him, his arm hadn't regrown in an extra page where he found Nanashi alive.

It would certainly be weird if he didn't have the same regen as Cath, though. Then again, how the **** will the 4KoA get around it when they inevitably face him? Either they will have some crazy hax or Nakaba will bullshit us again :/

He has two arms on the glass that @Ah_Gou mentioned (and Nanashi has his wings back) but last we actually saw him, his arm hadn't regrown in an extra page where he found Nanashi alive.

It would certainly be weird if he didn't have the same regen as Cath, though. Then again, how the **** will the 4KoA get around it when they inevitably face him? Either they will have some crazy hax or Nakaba will bullshit us again :/
Percival already has some dumb hax so i wouldn't be surprised if the others outhax Arthur as well. I mean the whole story of this sequel is that the 4 knights are a threat to Arthur. I still don't see how since Chaos should be the peak of everything in this series.

Percival already has some dumb hax so i wouldn't be surprised if the others outhax Arthur as well. I mean the whole story of this sequel is that the 4 knights are a threat to Arthur. I still don't see how since Chaos should be the peak of everything in this series.
I'm honestly worried that Nakaba will give them all crazy abilities/hax, and like the Sins, they will only use 1 or 2 different things and other shit will just be forgotten/ignored because Nakaba struggles to juggle all the abilities and make use of them.

ya ruler was sad the way it went down, but i dont see how they beat arthurs reality warping without someone else with it... maybe meliodas son has his own magic? shit maybe he might just get "ruler" from his grandpa

I hope that Arthur shows off some crazy reality warping and scale. Current Camelot doesn't look like anything special, so I wonder what his reality warping scale will be on as of right now (obviously OG Chaos is on a planetary scale since it made the NNT planet).
Where are the sins and why'd they let Arthur do this?
I'm assuming that Mel is still in Liones, and obviously Tristan is too. The current goal for Percival is to get to Liones so we will meet them then.

Ban is probably still in the Fairy Realm, same for Diane and King.

As for why they aren't doing anything, I can only assume that they aren't aware of Arthur's current actions.

Arthur IS Chaos so makes no sense.
The movie will probably give us a motivation since ALL races are waging war on humans again.

im not sure if the coffin of darkness is the right thing to do again... but lets see where it takes us

Uh slight problem with Guila's page I think, she's stated to have hurt a gray demon and they are listed as City lvl yet her ap is at least large town lvl, why?

Back