• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

I mean if Asta was to use his anti magic (cause Arnold is Here arguing for this sole reason to wank Asta against NNT characters) Would they be able to use magic to défend themselves ?

Their darkness is stated to be Darkness power not Dark magic even in the panel you’ve sent

I don’t appreciate this bullshit. What does this shit have to do with Asta? I am preventing you from spewing shit in vsbattle matches.

And nobody has your time to debunk your mistranslation of the raws again.

Saying darkness is magic kinda weird tbh, it just their blood, even dead body of red demon and grey demon has darkness inside them that was drinked by hendrickson and holy knights (hendrickson said it was blood)

Like I’ve said many times

Darkness by itself is negative energy from demon physiology. They naturally occur among demons and the demon realm.

Fire, water, lightning, light are all naturally occurring elements in the goddess’s realm or human world.

When Darkness, Fire, Water, etc are used to attack someone, they become imbued with magic. That is why full counter works on them.

4kota Arthur Render

1666966287040.png

DK Presence in britannia sets of the world it’s not his spell it’s a Natural lightning coming From the sky and Meliodas could FC it

The demon king’s power is literally ******* up the world and you still claim it’s natural?

smh.

I don't really care darkness is was magic or not, even i prefer it wasn't. But i don't remember this, can i know which chapter?
Even iirc demon king the ruler can't absorb diane rocks do it's physical matter that just giant clan manipulating through magic not really they're made by magic

Nobody is arguing that anything is made of magic. We are arguing that this “giant clan manipulating through magic” is correct.

Now I don't agree with this. His power is offsetting the balance of the world, causing a **** load of natural disasters. The storms aren't magical, the tsunamis aren't magical, the chasms aren't magical either.

I don’t get it, his magical power is affecting the non magical world isn’t it?

No exactly, as it said
Cataclysm happen because demon king/meliodas great presence
And as supreme deity also state in movie
Demon king and supreme deity are balance of the world created by chaos
Destroying them will bring age of chaos

Sort of.

Due to him achieving Demon King Level, The World is "rejecting" him by causing Natural disasters. Think of it like this.

A cup(the world) is filled to the brim with water(the balance pre demon king Meliodas). Then I put a rock(Demon King level Meliodas) in the cup and it starts overflowing(natural disasters). The Rock definitely the cause of the overflowing but it doesn't mean that overflowing water is now a rock.

Ngl I lost my train of thought

The manga and film are canon.

Although, Prisoners of the Sky (the previous film) is debatable.

The movie and film are canon.

Yeah but like, does the manga take precedence over it?

what I mean is, if something is contradicted by the manga would that specific event be ignored? Cuz the manga is easier to access than the movie and I don’t want to watch the movie without watching the series.

Yeah but like, does the manga take precedence over it?

what I mean is, if something is contradicted by the manga would that specific event be ignored? Cuz the manga is easier to access than the movie and I don’t want to watch the movie without watching the series.
I don't think so, at least.

Anyway, CBL takes place pretty much after the series ends (there's a decade time jump in the last couple of extra chapters, but they're not related to CBL), so that'd be the best approach anyway.

I don't think so, at least.

Anyway, CBL takes place pretty much after the series ends (there's a decade time jump in the last couple of extra chapters, but they're not related to CBL), so that'd be the best approach anyway.

Well idk what the movie says but in the manga Gowther implies that rushing rock is one of the magic attacks that was used to power up Meliodas’ revenge counter. I wonder what the ruler is, isn’t it that inverting shit?

Ruler inverts/absorbs magic. If Ban, for example, uses physical hunt on Demon King, Ban ends up getting weaker instead of adding DK's power to his own.

However, if Ban inverts physical hunt to give power while Ruler is active, DK gets weakened.

So how is the ruler supposed to work on rushing rock, take it out of existence? Heal the Demon king? What is the fight you guys were referring to maybe I can find it on YouTube.

Revenge Counter isn't based on magic like RC/Counter Vanish, it just absorbs damage, including punches.

i know I’m specifically referring to Gowther’s statements implying the attacks that hit him are magical. “He absorbed all these powers”

will edit the message with scan later

When Meliodas uses God Ripper, Elizabeth says it only absorbs the magic component. So, I imagine it'd leave the rock intact and maintain the kinetic energy, but siphon out its ability to be controlled.

Fight?

Gowther doesn't say they were magical (at least in all of the translations I've seen, but I can use the raws to get it verified if needed), he said Meliodas lowered all of his defences against magic. Characters in the series are more resistant to certain types of elemental magic.

i remember when ruler reversed physical damage also but nabaka had to recton it
Because he will too op boundless with that thing😈
I can't even imagine how story lore sins will beat up demon king if the ruler can absorb both aspect passively, while this verse mainly doing those two aspect. So i don't blame nakaba for retcon he made

So this supports the fact that if the ruler was truly active against “rush rock” then it is supposed to take away her ability to control the rocks but the rock’s kinetic energy will remain.

Back