• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

Sort of.

Due to him achieving Demon King Level, The World is "rejecting" him by causing Natural disasters. Think of it like this.

A cup(the world) is filled to the brim with water(the balance pre demon king Meliodas). Then I put a rock(Demon King level Meliodas) in the cup and it starts overflowing(natural disasters). The Rock definitely the cause of the overflowing but it doesn't mean that overflowing water is now a rock.

Ngl I lost my train of thought

I just found out the demon king can cast lightning attacks, so I won’t be surprised if the lightning of that massive size directed towards Elizabeth was an assassination attempt rather than Elizabeth’s bad luck.

523487ae-9cd1-4c54-927b-59dde2f735cc
nice render

I just found out the demon king can cast lightning attacks, so I won’t be surprised if the lightning of that massive size directed towards Elizabeth was an assassination attempt rather than Elizabeth’s bad luck.
He was preoccupied with the sins when Elizabeth got taken away and almost struck by lightning. Don't think he did it

If my interpretation uses canon source and has far less assumptions then it supersedes yours.

That is exactly what it means. It is a type of magic.

??? Who said otherwise?

I said it works on attacks that use natural elements and darkness because Nakaba has made it clear that attacks that use natural elements and darkness are know as Magic.

87113045-BD19-40AE-A2FC-778BCD15028B.jpg

ByAsura countered this

Are you sure? Because this is a concession and you still keep arguing.

You are far from slick.

IMG_3992.png

SO I CAN GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD.
As i said the « magic types » involve non magical elements and darkness is a part of it as i’ve shown Darkness is considered non magical and the panels you used were mistranslated

魔 means Demon adding power litteraly translate to demon power how we depends on context

the sentence Would be translated to demon power in this context since He is Using demon power
It’s also called Darkness power etc… later on

Regarding the lightning thing it doesn’t come DK your point Would work if DK was manipulating it in this case all He did was send Elisabeth on the path of one of the lightnings that were occurring cause mother nature was angry Meliodas countered it anyway.

Magic in NNT works differently than in most verses
Litteraly seeing peoples lie is magic in NNT.

Most of the uses of darkness aren’t magic related it’s a special power

I don’t appreciate this bullshit. What does this shit have to do with Asta? I am preventing you from spewing shit in vsbattle matches.

And nobody has your time to debunk your mistranslation of the raws again.
You litteraly stated by yourself multiple times that you wanted to remake vs for this sole purpose it’s not bullshit i denote truth and all you did was Using a raw scan and mistranslate it ignoring the context behind it

It's worth noting that magical power in the series' combat classes has the same translation.
Yeah cause it depends on context

魔 means demon and the other kanji is power

together it can mean magic or spell or charm sorcery

But depending on the context it can also be translated to « demon power »

Here the context is the use of said demon power

The demon king’s power is literally ******* up the world and you still claim it’s natural?

smh.

Nobody is arguing that anything is made of magic. We are arguing that this “giant clan manipulating through magic” is correct.
I mean Just unbalancing the world provoke the lightnings that are still natural and caused by Natural disasters

Which means DK doesn’t infuse his magic in these and Meliodas still countered it

Examples where it's manipulated, combat applicable that's not magic
Darkness tendrils
Meliodas making a weapon out of it
Them making coats to protect themselves
Them Using it to boost their physicals
Them Using their telekinesis to make it float and sent it towards ennemies
Zeldris creating some and moving it to make an air vacuum etc…

Darkness tendrils
Just a heads up you need to apply crt changes at once or it could be seen breaking the rules

As i said multiple times NNT has a special way of working physicals can be called magic Natural elements can be called magic the ability to have greater senses can be called magic
Intuition can be called magic
All Derieri does is punch things and Meliodas used that for RC

Sorry for spamming poor Arnold gonna wake up to all this 💀

As i said i’ll follow What Asura and the others want i don’t want to get mad at Something or someone today 😹

No way did this bro tag me 3 times and added one or two more pages to this thread with a discussion in under 30 min

Darkness tendrils
?

Magic

Magic

Magic

Magic

Don’t answer it’s useless I spammed too much I’ll agree with what Asura said
Sometimes it can be magic sometimes it’s just not

Are you okay with it ?

Be specific

Darkness is imbued with magic when used for combat and enhancements. While non combat use it’s just an accessory for clothing or flight.

do you agree?

He was preoccupied with the sins when Elizabeth got taken away and almost struck by lightning. Don't think he did it

Well idk, you may be right about DK and goddess being the balance of the world but I don’t see how it makes sense given the specific wording implied that it was DK’s magic power alone that is passively ******* up the world. So like @ByAsura said, it simply depends.

If his magic power directly changed the weather and made it aggressive, then we can say the lightning (and the weather itself) was imbued with DK’a magic power and so Meliodas deflecting the lightning is consistent with the explanation of FC.

if his magic power indirectly changed the weather and made it aggressive, then DK somehow caused a natural disaster due to the strength of his magic similar to how Goku’s Ki can cause crazy earthquakes and stuff (or the world causing chaos if he leaves his realm or something) so one can say Meliodas deflected non magical lightning.

there is no way of knowing for sure which it is, but if it came down to a debate on a CRT or VsThread, I would for sure use Occam’s Razor. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Nakaba himself confirms it in a QnA or something

Last edited:
If his magic power directly changed the weather and made it aggressive, then we can say the lightning (and the weather itself) was imbued with DK’a magic power and so Meliodas deflecting the lightning is consistent with the explanation of FC.
It was just his presence not magic

Well idk, you may be right about DK and goddess being the balance of the world but I don’t see how it makes sense given the specific wording implied that it was DK’s magic power alone that is passively ******* up the world. So like @ByAsura said, it simply depends.
Well it wasn't only The Demon King 🗿.

All the natural disaster shit happened because there was 2 Demon King's so yeah

if his magic power indirectly changed the weather and made it aggressive, then DK somehow caused a natural disaster due to the strength of his magic similar to how Goku’s Ki can cause crazy earthquakes and stuff (or the world causing chaos if he leaves his realm or something) so one can say Meliodas deflected non magical lightning.
This. And something I noticed is that Meliodas never mentions full counter when reflected the lightning

Back