• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Four Knights of the Apocalypse/Nanatsu no Taizai Main Discussion Thread

Not really He only uses it when he's using a sacred treasure release which is shown to be stronger than the base chastiefol. So he is amping it but before it was unknown how much he is amping his chastiefol
Isn't Disaster supposed to be destroyer magic?
I don't think i claimed that it was destruction type and if i didn't clear it up my bad but i'm arguing about the enchanting weapon amp in general so king isn't destruction magic
Ok, then. Although it doesn't really substantiate a 5x amp, as First Form is still a stronger form of the spear that surpasses even the other forms amped with magic from the Sacred Tree.
Instances shown because i just re read their fight and majority of the time he is amping his sword with lightning just to match meliodas during their first encounter (Meliodas holding back) and while he was getting 3v1 and meliodas still holding his own
Majority of the time means nothing, he can still fight on par with Meliodas when he stopped holding back. In fact, this directly disproves what you're saying.

Holding his own against 3 also means nothing, since all their sword blows (and Vivian's magic) caused him to struggle. And that's another thing, people on par with Gilthunder who don't use amps can fight and injure Meliodas.
It isn't really a non-sensical retcon...
It is.

By this logic, Zeldris could have just pumped his sword with darkness and had an advantage over both Escanor and Mael. Yet the best he's ever done is replace a broken blade and not infuse his weapon. It's the same with Demon Meliodas (who had enough strength to cave in Gray Hendrickson's chest, let alone carve him in two with an amped blade).

Last edited:
Should we wait for more infor about type magic ?
its pretty clear tbh and this is for those who aint see it yet.

• Destruction-Type「破壊型, Hakai-gata」: Allows the user to exert magical power with destructive properties, with natural forces like thunder or flame, or a non-natural dark force.
  • Shifting-Type「変性型, Hensei-gata」: Allows the user to modify the properties of matter. There are a ton of varieties to it, like modifying an object's weight, the hardness or water into ice.
  • Healing-Type「回復型, Kaifuku-gata」: Allows the user to heal injuries and ailments of themselves or others. Its effects and scope are diverse. It is regarded to be mostly the Goddesses' magic.
  • Search-Type「探索型, Tansaku-gata」: Different forces, like locating a particular object or finding out how genuine a person is, have been identified.
  • Mental-Type「精神型, Seishin-gata」: It is regarded to be able to manipulate a person's mind and their memories. Depending how it is used, it can be more powerful than the Destruction-Type.
  • Deception-Type「幻惑型, Genwaku-gata」: A magic power that generates illusions or causes audition hallucinations. It is thought to be found in Fairies for the most.
  • Stealth-Type「隠密型, Onmitsu-gata」: A shadow force that lets one to approach their opponent without being noticed or track the opponent's movements from faraway.
  • Enchantment-Type「符呪型, Fuju-gata」: Allows the user to imbue things with magic (e.g., their fists or weapons) to strengthen them and/or give them the properties of said magic.
  • Oracle-Type「神託型, Shintaku-gata」: A force surpassing the human intellect, that predicts the weather or the future events. It is regarded to be the rarest of 9-Types of magic.
  • Hero-Type「英雄型, Eiyū-gata」: A very rare-Type of power; those who possess four or more different types of magic, fall into this category. Percival is the only known person so far to have these type of magic.

I think we could look at those cases in which the amp is not contradictory. We don't know who is using destruction type magic because it is not really stated in the main story, so for all we know, it could be an alternate amp that doesn't even come close to x10. However, in those fights in which the amp can be justified, I think we should apply it.

I personally wouldn't change anything yet because it is certain Nakaba hadn't thought of the weapon amp in the original series. However we are most definitely scaling it in this sequel and i don't get why everyone's arguing. The sins and everyone will appear again and fight so we will be able to apply this multiplier anyway, just wait.

Look, the multiplier is absolutely fine for 4KoTA. In fact, IIRC, the Town level feat was done while he was amped 5x. But, it shouldn't be applicable to their portrayal in the old series because, as you said, he hadn't thought of it.

If they appear in the new series and use destructor magic/amps, that should be fine.

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't change anything yet because it is certain Nakaba hadn't thought of the weapon amp in the original series. However we are most definitely scaling it in this sequel and i don't get why everyone's arguing. The sins and everyone will appear again and fight so we will be able to apply this multiplier anyway, just wait.
i agree with this
Someone amps his sword and charges at Meliodas and he Full Counters it
Gg x30 multiplier.
this is hella funny and i feel its another bleach/dbz with multipliers hopefully its less messy

No, it's Large Island level.

Also, we've been through this before, and vaporization has been rejected almost every time.

Vaporization is based off one panel. Pulverization is based off literally every other one.

Nevermind. I looked, and what I found was a mix of melting, pulverization, vaporization (assuming it's not just dust being launched up by his attack) and fragmentation.

It's smoke at the end there from melted rock. However, that probably is more impressive than pulverization.

Nevermind. I looked, and what I found was a mix of melting, pulverization, vaporization (assuming it's not just dust being launched up by his attack) and fragmentation.

It's smoke at the end there from melted rock.
Still island level and with some upscaling large island level and the eos characters can blink away this meliodas so they should scale higher.

I did a calculation for melting, and it's about 38.9475457747 megatons.

Sorry. It's not at all higher.

Edit: Wait. I messed up.

I did a calculation for melting, and it's about 38.9475457747 megatons.

Sorry. It's not at all higher.
Yeah, but his power level was 50k at most going on the pl given during the ten commandment fight all the eos sins blink him away even Diane.

Back