• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Forum move project: Replacing links to illegal scanlation sites from profile pages

Last edited:
@AKM sama

Thank you. I will have to hand out appropriate editing rights then.

For the people who receive rollback rights, please write down lists of the pages that you are unable to edit, due to that they require content moderator or admin rights.

I have now handed out all of the editing rights.

@Zouken

Thank you very much for the help, but you do not need to keep us updated every few pages.

Just write down all of the ones that are admin-locked in a list as you go along please.

To whomever was given my sandboxes, you can skip them. I need to check if those images are necessary or not and I wouldn't want to waste your efforts if I choose to remove them.

Found a couple of pages that are locked, but otherwise my set is done. A character profile was linking to entire episodes in an anime piracy site for some reason, so I replaced the links with the legal equivalent (series was only available in HIDIVE and VRV).

Itachi Uchiha
Misogi Kumagawa

Fortunately, ShrekAlmighty's sandbox in my section actually included the illegal links in Itachi's profile, so staff can just port the new links from there.

If somebody writes a list of all the exact page titles of the pages that are currently admin-locked, I can unlock them for editing with one of my mass-editing scripts. However, again, you need to write the exact page titles, or my script won't be able to unlock them.

Also, is there anybody who needs help from Duedate8898?

When I try to right-click pages on the ******** it changes page. Does anyone know any workaround?

Images on the below profiles removed entirely/ inaccessible and need to add by knowledgeable members. I recommend asking the page creator or in the verse's discussion thread for help. 107 and later links.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Evariste_Galois (Powers&Abilities)

When I try to right-click pages on the ******** it changes page. Does anyone know any workaround?
As I mentioned in the OP, the only option in that case is to screencap and crop the page and then upload it to imgur or the wiki.

@Mindovin

If you find images that cannot be saved, you will either have to take screencaptures, crop them, and upload the cropped versions to Imgur, or use another manage site to find the same chapters and pages, and save the original images that way instead. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Maybe you can help Mindovin, if he wishes? He seems to have a heavier than average workload, as you can read above.

Zara's set is done. I think Tllm is left.

Edit: Nvm, Tllm's done too. All illegal image links have been removed.

If you're using Chrome, an image downloader extension such as this allows you to directly download images from the online page you're viewing, even if the site disallows right clicking.

However if the manga site uses watermarkings/icons on the corners/edges of the pictures, it's usually better to just screencap the relevant feat with the snipping tool (if you use Windows), otherwise you'll need to open the download and edit those out anyways.

These are still left:
Golden Darkness
Judar
Neo (Toriko)
Itachi Uchiha
Antenmaru
Aoi Nogami
Ryu Umemiya
Seimei Ketsuno
Shin Uchiha
Talk: Shin Uchiha
Tomo Aizawa
Akabane Kuroudo
Hayato Furinji
Hitomi (Code: Breaker)
Kenichi Shirahama
Mikumo Kushinada
Yuki Takeya
Miki Naoki

The first two are among what I previously uploaded to Imgur. But they also have some broken links which I haven't searched a replacement for. Specially the second one which has 10 broken links.

Do these pages have illegal image links or just flat out broken links?

If it is the latter, we actually fulfilled the purpose of this thread. Fixing broken links is another issue entirely and tons of other pages have this problem.

I'll take the bottom half to work on them right now:

Talk: Shin Uchiha
Tomo Aizawa
Akabane Kuroudo
Hayato Furinji
Hitomi (Code: Breaker)
Kenichi Shirahama
Mikumo Kushinada
Yuki Takeya
Miki Naoki

Back