• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno how to feel about 60KM Konoha. Konoha doesn't appear that large. It's depicted as a few kilometers big.

Let's not inflate sizes for the sake of higher results. The One Piece page already suffers heavily from this.

Dunno how to feel about 60KM Konoha. Konoha doesn't appear that large. It's depicted as a few kilometers big.

Let's not inflate sizes for the sake of higher results. The One Piece page already suffers heavily from this.
Just to clarify, Konoha would be roughly 124 km across from the calc. The 62 km is just from the Hokage mountain to one edge.

Currently working on another post to explain why I think this is too inconsistent to be used but likely won't be up till the weekend.

Last edited:
Let's not inflate sizes for the sake of higher results
While I totally respect your stance and understand why you'd disagree, please try to refrain from making these types of statements in the future.
You don't really know Arc's intentions, and all this really does is muddy the water and leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth.
Not to mention, it's not really a relevant argument.

I wonder what exactly would be inflated by this change?

I should add that Databook 1 directly mentions that the forest of death is on the outskirts of the hidden leaf.
Screenshot_2024-08-26_221755.png

の森 木ノ葉の辺境にある 第演習場の別名。第二の試験 が行なわれた。巨大な獣・昆虫 き、花・毒草ざわめく広大な森 死の森の各入口ゲートから十キロ離れた死の森の中心に立つ、森内部での出来事を 視するための管制塔。第二の試のゴールであり、また第三の 試験予選会場ともなった。

Forest of Death
"A nickname for the 44th training ground located on the outskirts of Konoha. The second exam of the Chūnin Exams was held here. It is a vast forest filled with gigantic beasts, insects, flowers, and poisonous plants. At the center of the Forest of Death, 10 kilometers from each entrance gate, stands a control tower used to monitor events within the forest. This tower served as the goal for the second exam and also as the venue for the preliminaries of the third exam."

Mmmm that pretty blatantly proves I’m correct about that forest being FoD
I should add that Databook 1 directly mentions that the forest of death is on the outskirts of the hidden leaf.

の森 木ノ葉の辺境にある 第演習場の別名。第二の試験 が行なわれた。巨大な獣・昆虫 き、花・毒草ざわめく広大な森 死の森の各入口ゲートから十キロ離れた死の森の中心に立つ、森内部での出来事を 視するための管制塔。第二の試のゴールであり、また第三の 試験予選会場ともなった。

Forest of Death
"A nickname for the 44th training ground located on the outskirts of Konoha. The second exam of the Chūnin Exams was held here. It is a vast forest filled with gigantic beasts, insects, flowers, and poisonous plants. At the center of the Forest of Death, 10 kilometers from each entrance gate, stands a control tower used to monitor events within the forest. This tower served as the goal for the second exam and also as the venue for the preliminaries of the third exam."
With this eBic development, I change my vote to fully in favor of Option A.

Forest of Death
Time to wrap it up

Forest of Death
Holy ****. This is an amazing find. I change my mind. Konoha is huge.

I honestly thought everybody knew about that statement already? That's the first reason I see people arguing most of the time that the Forest of Death is near Konoha.

To reiterate though, none of my reasons for disagreement are based on whether or not it was the Forest of Death.

Large country level Chibaku Tensei calc when? 😎 ( I can amp it to moon level after )
Let’s not count our chickens before they’re hatched.

I honestly thought everybody knew about that statement already? That's the first reason I see people arguing most of the time that the Forest of Death is near Konoha.

To reiterate though, none of my reasons for disagreement are based on whether or not it was the Forest of Death.
Ngl I didn’t know about that statement. But at the very least you agree that that forest is the FoD then? Your sole disagreement is with whether or not we can use that statement to consistently scale the verse?

Ngl I didn’t know about that statement. But at the very least you agree that that forest is the FoD then? Your sole disagreement is with whether or not we can use that statement to consistently scale the verse?
I think that it's at least likely, if not explicitly confirmed, that the forest in the panel is the Forest of Death.

Issues with consistency are far more important to me, yeah.

Because while you did raise a good point in your earlier posts that your method is simple, the simplicity of a method alone does not make it reliable. Consistency is equally as important, if not moreso.

Let’s not count our chickens before they’re hatched.

Yeah, I was just joking. Such a calc cannot exist regardless of Konoha size.

To be honest though, Konoha's size is still up to question, due to an overwhelming amount of panels where it's depicted as smaller.

However, I do want to make 1 argument for Konoha's size. Such as the fact that a lot of the panels used against Konoha's size are outdated and don't feature things we know exist lore-wise in Konoha, like the massive walls around it or the Uchiha police station. Many places and whole city blocks we see in the story. Etc. I think Konoha simply grew larger as the story progressed.

That said, even later in the story Konoha does appear to be below 60KM. So it's very iffy.

I mean the OP seems fine... That is clearly the Forest of Death and Konoha being that large is perfectly fine in my book. Using the biggest and most large image of the entire village is the best way to go usually. I mean different perspective shots can warp how big or small a location is all the time

After deliberation, I find myself agreeing outright with Arc's calculation. While I agree that consistency is important, I also believe that consistency is contextually dependent on the situation at hand. I wouldn't hold with the interpretation of consistency that upholds the notion of overall depictions being more important here compared to the interpretation of consistency that upholds the notion of specific depictions that encapsulate the entirety of a structure in comparison with another being more important.

For me, it's similar to how we, as a wiki, uphold the notion that consistency is important, indexing wise, when feats for a character's scaling is contextually relevant. Not that every depiction of a character's feats are important, since we completely disregard absolute low and high-ends as we realize that someone like, for example: Goku destroying several rocks isn't more consistent to his actual level of power, which is rarely depicted in any reasonable sense, as we have more contextually relevant feats that place him vastly beyond that, despite there being visual inconsistencies with it most of the time.

I'll hopefully have my post up tomorrow. It's taken me longer to gather the scans than I thought. I'll ping staff to see what they think once I've posted a comprehensive analysis.

Arc asked me to comment. Reading through everything I don't see how the scene can be taken at face value due to the extreme amount of size inflation you get. For now put me in disagree with Damage.

I personally don't have anything against this; and I never really liked how some people can get too cherry picky about everything assuming pixel perfection; it's difficult to draw each and every detail of a large world map while realistically making this inside it specks by comparison.

My post responding to the calculation is almost done; I just need to address some of the comments that have come up in the thread as well - so post should be up tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back