• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yo, chat. Since Naruto confirms that he never left the village until the LoW, that means that ANY flashback of Naruto being elsewhere would serve as proof that a location is part of Konoha.

Find a scan of Naruto hiking in the mountains ong 🙏

Real talk tho we do have a f-ton of flashback of him training in forests. So each of those would be part of Konoha. IIRC in the anime we see him going to a mountain to train.
Maybe Naruto the last flashbacks with Hinata can help

I agree with Damage.

I don't think Arc's counterargument is very convincing. Population size being accounted for in size design is an incredibly indirect take that expects a lot from the author. I have large doubts the argument pans out in terms of (pseudo)-medieval economic planning at that.

The argument that some landmarks and Konoha size are separate makes no sense to me. If the rest isn't drawn consistently in that panel, then the consistency of Konoha's size is equally drawn into doubt. You can't really claim this panel focuses more on depicting one thing's size more than some others.
And by looking at the panels, the buildings drawn and the street layout the estimation doesn't seem to fit what we see. And before someone says something about the buildings not being drawn to scale because they would end up too small: By the same reasoning, the forest may be drawn too small (relative to the village) so that it doesn't take up 95% of the shot.

That we aren't sure that it is the FoD doesn't help either.

Also, the calc employs background-to-foreground scaling (assumed FoD is further in the background than the image scaling line) which inflates the size.

Back