• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing some missing scans/broken links and some haxs additions for Devil May Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would still like to hear why some people disagreed with fate manip for the Dice game.....seems legit to me.....

Oh and some neutral mods reading and approving this would be great...

Yeah, that would been good to know their reasons for disagreeing with fate hax from the dice game.

I called DarkGrath and now i am waiting for him to have time to come to this thread.

Yeah, that would been good to know their reasons for disagreeing with fate hax from the dice game.
It's a mix of "he destroyed the object that controlled his fate, not that he resisted the fate hax from it" (as the dice isn't immune to breaking) and "he was still somewhat fate haxed as he did have to fight opponents once after breaking the dice".

I thought i had put this in my post above, but apparently i haven't, so imma leave this here.

Well, technically what Earl posted above, but he seems to give up DMC threads.
Yeah this.

It's a mix of "he destroyed the object that controlled his fate, not that he resisted the fate hax from it" (as the dice isn't immune to breaking) and "he was still somewhat fate haxed as he did have to fight opponents once after breaking the dice".
The lore of the game literally state to you that you cannot progress in the game unless you strike the dice and that they control Nero's fate. So Dante breaking the dice is a pretty blatant feat of resistance for him and he needing to fight the others demons after breaking the dice don't have anything to do with his resistance to fate hax.
Yeah this.
Glad to hear that.

So, the only person against this just scooped out of here. Can we get some mods to check the sandbox? I would rather get some here instead of only us, as you saw the bleach thread got somewhat rushed (from what I was told) and I don't think something similar would benefit us here.

any staff member who is not biased is a great option, I was thinking of asking Dragonsmaster to come since he has experience dealing with this kind of hax and he is a neutral party here too, I already asked Wok and AKM to check the sandbox and the thread so lets wait

On topic of time manip, lets not forget that even Vergil can slow and stop Dante with his Void Slash( similar to Chrono Heart via physical contact) and his Summoned Swords can stop Dante too.....so thats another hax addition for Vergil.....

So should we move onto poison stuff now @Mister6ame .......
I don't agree with Time Manipulation via that

Guys, this is a big thread, don't add more stuff in the comments because people may lose track of what is being discussed

I have some problems, I ask you to wait for my post

For Demon Physiology

Power Bestowal: Demons are beings capable of becoming Devil Arms by either crushing then and gaining power over then or becoming friends with them

Incorporeality, Immortality Type 6, 7 and Possession: Demons are many kinds of evil spiritsand they also can send their consciousness from the Demon World to the Human World from small gaps

Immortality Type 1, 2 and 3: Demons don't age at all, and thanks to their regeneration, they can also survive great amounts of damage

High-Mid Regeneration: Demons can survive with only parts of their bodies and can also regen from it

Enhanced Regeneration in Demon Form: Superior to base form instantly heals fatal wounds

Underwater Breathing Type 2:Demons can breathe underwater

Self-Sustenance Type 2: Demons can survive indefinitely without food or water

Interdimensional Range with Dimensional Travel: Demons are capable to travel between the Demon World and the Human World and can also live inside the Fault's body, which is another dimension

Empathic Manipulation,Fear Manipulation, Madness Manipulation Type 3 and Aura: The mere presence of demons causes despair, fear and insanity

Pain Empowerment: Demons receive more demonic power if they hit their opponents or take damage

Blood Empowerment: Demons get more stronger by receiving human bloodand even the blood being in their bodies already increases their demonic powers

Immersion:Demons can enter inside mirrors

Surface Scaling:Demons can walk on walls

Water Walking:Demons can walk on top of the water

Acausality Type 4:The Demon World has a different flow of time,laws of physics,laws of gravity and has stated to have every laws different than the Human World, which also would include the laws that govern all of reality

Demonic Energy Manipulation, Unholy Manipulation and Magic Manipulation: Every demon power, physical or magical, shares the same source of energy, their Demonic Energy.They can channel it through objects to increase their power,manifest it out of thin air to create a platform for double jumps,among other uses.Although not every demon is capable to use Demonic Energy as magic
I disagree with Higher Regen in Demon Form because they are already at that state, with the exception of DT users (Half Demons), keep in mind that DMD isn't canon

I also disagree with Dimensional Travel for them in parts, the connection between Human and Demon Worlds was severed and the scan for that is about one time were their connection was okay, also, the novel explains that they come to the Human World via portals and gaps, even Dante needed one and he has feats of Dimensional Travel, so they can travel to other dimensions but not Human-Demon world

For the Demon World Energy

Limited Paralysis Inducement, Demonic Energy Manipulation, Unholy Manipulation, Magic Manipulation and Statistics Amplification: The soldiers of the rebellion regained their strength and magic by moving closer to the nexus of the Demon World, but it was so much that they ended up paralyzed

Time Travel:Is capable to not only affect the present, but also the past and future

Illusions Creation and Statistics Reduction:Just approaching is enough to be affected by powerful illusions and can also reduce the strength of someone who enters inside there

Empathic Manipulation,Fear Manipulation and Madness Manipulation Type 3: Can cause despair, fear and insanity in who enters inside there

Poison Manipulation: Can corrupt the air and make him toxic

Physics Manipulation:Can change the laws of physics from the Human World

Gravity Manipulation:Can change the laws of gravity from the Human World

Law Manipulation:Can change every laws from the Human World, which also would include the laws that govern all of reality

Absorption: Is capable of consuming the Human World

Reality Manipulation: Is capable to warp reality in the Human World

Transmutation and Matter Manipulation (Atomic Level): Is capable to transmute humans that enters inside there

Agree

Resistances

Illusions Creation and Statistics Reduction:Demons are unaffected by the Demon World, which just approaching is enough to be affected by powerful illusions and can also reduce the strength of someone who enters inside there

Empathic Manipulation,Fear Manipulation and Madness Manipulation Type 3: Demons are unaffected by being in each other's presence, whose presence alone causes despair, fear and insanity and also unaffected by the Demon World, which can also cause despair, fear and insanity in who enters inside there

Mind Manipulation: Demons are unaffected by the Demon World, which can warp the minds of men

Space-Time Manipulation and Time Stop: Demons are unaffected by the Demon World, which is capable to distort time and spaceand is also capable to stop the flow of time

Poison Manipulation: Demons are unaffected by the Demon World, where air is toxic

Physics Manipulation:Demons live in the Demon World, where the laws of physics are different than the Human World

Gravity Manipulation:Demons live in the Demon World, where the laws of gravity are different than the Human World

Law Manipulation:Demons live in the Demon World, where every law is different from the Human World, which would also include the laws that govern reality

Absorption: Demons are unaffected when the Demon World is consuming the Human World

Biological Manipulation, Reality Manipulation, Transmutation, Matter Manipulation (Atomic Level), Size Manipulation, Petrification and Soul Manipulation: Demons are immune to the Beastheadsassimilation process, which is capable to alter humans in various ways, can change than biologically, can warp reality to change they size and turn them into a statue and assimilate their souls and is also capable to replenish demon's demonic powers.Demons are also unaffected by the Demon World, which can also transmute humans,transform souls into demonsand warp reality in the Human World.They are also unaffected by the Qliphoth tree roots,which sucks the blood of humans and turns than into pollenand they can also resist their own attacks, which is capable to affect and destroy souls

Acid Manipulation in Demon Form: Thanks to they regeneration being instantly in their demon forms, they are able to walk through places like the Leviathan's stomach acid without taking any type of damage

Enhanced Resistance in Demon Form: Is capable to be outright immune to powers and abilities in his demon form that is capable to resist in his base form

Death Manipulation:Demons are unaffected by the Beastheadsmere presence, which is capable of killing everything on his surroundings

Magic: Demons resist being in large quantities of magic that can suffocate a normal human and make they lose consciousness

Absolute Zero: Demons are aunaffected by being in ice rooms made by King Cerberusand King Cerberus is capable to manipulate ice up to reaching absolute zero

Agree

Soul Manipulation for Demons and Hybrids

In DMC verse, Demons are many kinds of evil spirits,they also can send their consciousness from the Demon World to the Human World from small gaps, which means that in days of peace they can only get in the Human World by possessing things

They also can become Devil Arms,which is their soul

So, unless they kill their true forms, they will always keep coming back

Some Demon hunters and even the demons themselves can kill them while they are possessing things with nothing but normal attacks (This is already accepted in Dante profile)

Dante handguns Ebony and Ivory's bullets contain spirits.

Dante in the anime has able to separate the demon from the host and he can also can kill Griffon, Nightmare, Shadow, Phantom and V's summons with have Low-Godly Regeneration by attacking their core directly, which is stated to be their very soul. (This is already accepted on their profiles as well and is just missing possession and immortality type 6 negation for DMC TAS Dante)

Lucia is also able to kill Phantom in DMC 2 with only normal attacks , just like Dante

V is also capable to interact with their core directly (This is already accepted on V profile)

Beastheads that was created by Mundus is capable to assimilate human's souls

Baul and Modeus in the anime are capable of soul based attacks and can even rip them out. (This is already accepted on their profiles as well.)

There is also other demons in the series that can also use Soul Manipulation

A lower-class demon can eat the soul of its victims

The Leviathan uses souls of humans as energy source

Another lower-class demon can suck the soul of the victims

Sin Scythes is capable of stealing souls

Geryon is stated that can eat demon souls

The Order of Sword created the White Angels that use human or demon soul as fuel

The Order of Sword also created Savior who has thousand of demons bodies and souls melded together

If this is accepted, some demon hunters and the demons themselves will obtain soul manipulation

DMC Volume 1 Dante and Gilver gets Enhanced Soul Manipulation and Resistance to Soul Manipulation

High Tier demons like DMC3 Dante, DMC3 Vergil, DMC4 Nero, Baul, Modeus, Lucia, Trish, Griffon, Nightmare, Shadow, Phantom and V's summons gets even better Enhanced Soul Manipulation and Enhanced Resistance to Soul Manipulation

DMC1 Dante get even better Soul Manipulation and Enhanced Resistance to Soul Manipulation after absorbing the power of Sparda sealed inside Devil Sword Sparda, since he has able to endure Mundus's attacks when he was trying to kill him

DMC2 Dante get even better Enhanced Soul Manipulation and Enhanced Resistance to Soul Manipulation after receiving power from Beastheads and survived his fight with Chen

DMC5 Vergil also get better Soul Manipulation and Enhanced Resistance to Soul Manipulation, since he has able to endure Dante's attacks when he was trying to kill him

Disagree with adding Soul Hax to Trish since she never had to deal with a Soul-Based-Core demon, we can scale, let's say, Regen to all demons because the series showed us that is tied to their physiology, but Soul Hax isn't related to that, but tied to feats more than anything else, so I don't remember DMC3 Dante having Soul Hax (Dante made his Soul Hax feat in DMC1 against Demons possessing dolls, so he should have in that key, unless I'm forgeting a feat) and same goes for Vergl and Nero, Lucia makes sense, Baul and Modeus too, why V's summons ?

Killing "regular" demons isn't soul hax since they are physically there, harming them is normal damage, the difference to the Dolls in 1 is because they aren't their actual bodies, Dante has to attack their soul by hitting their doll body in order to do something, it's the same case as Castlevania Characters Soul Hax (some of them, that is)

Demon World Energy being a 4D structure

The World Energy is capable to warp the space-time in a Universal scale,can create time paradoxes,can affect not only the present, but also the past and futureand is capable to warp the entire of the universe

Even a smaller scale of demonic energy can affect the fabric of space and time

In a alternate Universe, Mundus did used the Demon World Energy as his power source,Mundus did also corrupted the Human Worldand after his death, the timeline gets nuked

According to the Time Stop page:

''Unless users are shown or stated to have limits in terms of range, or that their ranges extend to areas beyond the universe, then they are assumed to be universal or higher by the virtue of affecting the very flow of time itself, thus all of time in the universe.''

Unless you can prove that they are not affecting the entire Universe and only parts of him, than the Demon World Energy is considered to be affecting everything on a Universal scale, and thus, making all demons powers and resitance 4D by nature
By that, we upgrade them to 2-C via fusing, warping and etc 2 Universes, which I agree but I don't know if it's your intention here (An God Tier Ap Upgrade), I believe a specific thread for that should be better, but in case that's your plan, I completely agree

Now for Specific Characters

All from the Demon Physiology and resistances plus:

Before people start asking why we are scaling Dante, Vergil and Nero resistances and innate abilities between each other is because they have the same power source, Nero should maybe get a likely rating

I also going to ask to separate Dante DMC3 key in two tabs, since Dante don't have all his powers, abilities, resistances and Devil Arms in his 8-B key and i already separate what he should have before and after awakening his Devil Trigger.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics for DMC Volume 1 Dante: Can fire normal weapons like machine guns

Dimensional Storagefor DMC Volume 1 Dante and DMC3 Vergil: Can pull out or store all weapons and items that haves or find in his way

Enhanced Senses (Enhanced Awareness, Aura Vision, Long-Range Tracking, Illusion Awareness and Extra Senses) for DMC Volume 1 Dante and DMC3 Vergil;Can see the aura of his opponents,can track smells over long distances to find his targetand is also capable to see through powerful illusions, like when did see through the illusions created by the Demon World, which just approaching is already enough to be affected,was capable to see through a dangerous demonic illusion created by a Sin that is capable to drive normal people to insanityand was also capable to seeing through the illusions in Mallet Island

Demonic Energy Manipulation, Unholy Manipulation and Magic Manipulation for DMC Volume 1 Dante: Every one of Dante's demon powers, be they physical or magical, shares the same source of energy, his Demonic Energy. He can channel his powers to use for various different purposes, through his weapons to make devastating attacksor through his guns to double the power of his shots and perfectly hit the demons,making any vehicle he's riding to go more faster,manifest it out of thin air to create a platform for double jumps,using for very effective defensive methodsand to transform in his demons form

Accelerated Development (Skill, Battle, Physical and Abilities) and Reactive Evolution,Master Martial Artist, Weapon Mastery, Vehicular Mastery, Technique Mimicry, Psychometry and Pain Empowerment for DMC Volume 1 Dante: Is capable to use and master different types of weapons or vehicles that touches,can improve his skills extremely fast in combat, even against demons that have command of techniques that allow them to perceive patterns far beyond his opponent's abilities,mimicked Vergil's fighting style with Yamato and Trish stated that she never see Dante using a japanese sword before that,can receive more demonic/magic power every time it hits its opponents or takes damageand can also adapt to anything that don't kill him instantly, gaining new powers, abilities and resistances against corresponding threats in mere seconds, like when adapted by transforming instinctively in Shin Devil Trigger to fight off Alice when she was sucking her life force,or when was capable to adapt to a dangerous demonic illusion created by a Sin that is capable to drive normal people to insanity,was also capable to instinctively adapt by semi-transforming to fight off a Sin's power to boil his bloodand was also capable to adapt to the hazardous environment of the Demon World, which some of the effects include that just approaching is enough to be affected by powerful illusions and can also reduce the strength of someone who enters inside thereand can also cause "unearthly illness" which makes it difficult to concentrate and causes intense nausea and dizziness,

Master Acrobatics for DMC Volume 1 Dante: Repeatedly shows great maneuvers of balance, agility, dexterity, coordination like when he uses Air Hike or Wall Hike, regularly performs hypermobile movements with his body and he can also traverse a large variety of terrains with no issue, from surviving in the vacuum of space to aquatic environments and hazardous environments of the Demon World

Analytical Prediction for DMC Volume 1 Dante: Is capable to notice patterns in his opponent's style and adapt to fight accordingly,even against demons that have command of techniques that allow them to perceive patterns far beyond his opponent's abilities

Social Influencefor DMC Volume 1 Dante: Was capable to revolutionize the underworld to convince the mercenaries to avoid unnecessary killing, even those who love violence and death

Limited Toon Forcefor DMC Volume 1 Dante: Showed to have this ability a few times in his life, like when played guitar and made music, confetti and theatre lights appears out of nowhere,or when played a scene from shakespeare and made lights appear on himself and also make confetti appear out of nowhere and when danced in the same style of Michael Jackson inside of the Qlithoth tree and made neons, disco and theatre lights appears out of nowhere.However, this is not applicable in combat

Analytical Prediction for DMC3 Vergil: Since can match Dante in a fight, which is capable to notice patterns in his opponent's style and adapt to fight accordingly,even against demons that have command of techniques that allow them to perceive patterns far beyond his opponent's abilities

Thousands of Kilometers Range with Extrasensory Perception (Power Level Measurement, Magic Detection, Evil Awareness and Enhanced Sight) for DMC Volume 1 Dante and DMC3 Vergil: Can detect difference in power levels,is capable to detect magic and magical energies,is also capable to detect evil beings,and can sense someone thousands of kilometers away

Telepathy (Mental Speaking and Thought Detection) for DMC Volume 1 Dante and DMC3 Vergil: Can communicate telepathically with other peopleand can also heard people's thoughts

Telekinesis (Object Calling, Direction Alteration and Immobilization) DMC Volume 1 Dante: Can throw his weapons and call them back,can control his weapons directions after throwing themand can also stop a motorcycle that was thrown in the air telekinetically

Telekinesis (Object Calling, Direction Alteration and Immobilization) for DMC3 Vergil: Can throw his weapons and call them back,can control his weapons directions after throwing themand can also stop a motorcycle that was thrown in the air telekinetically

Soul Manipulation (Soul Destruction, Soul Removal and Soul Sealing), Possession and Immortality Type 6 Negation and Sealing for DMC Volume 1 Dante: Can manipulate souls in various ways, can kill demons which are evil spiritswhen they are possessing things with nothing but normal attacks,is capable to interact, injury and eventually killing Mundus' Generals by either attacking their core directly or indirectly, which is stated to be their very soul,can separate a demon from the host without killing the possessedand is also capable to seal evil spirits on weapons or objects, like when sealed demons on Ebony and Ivory's bulletsand also when sealed than on his office

Attack Reflection, Damage Reduction,Damage Boost,Forcefield Creation, Healing, Energy Absorption,Transformation, Statistics Amplification and Power Nullification for DMC3 Pre-Devil Trigger Dante: With Royalguard,can reduce the damage taken with a normal block, when Dante is hit using the Royalguard, his Royalguard meter increases and he can cause more damage to his enemies, can create a shield to protect himself and heal himself, can create a shell to be invulnerability to attacks and can also nullify attacks

Spatial Manipulation, Durability Negation, Weapon Creation, Forcefield Creation, Portal Creation, Ressurection for DMC3 Vergil, DMC4 Nero Post-Devil Trigger and DMC4 Dante: With Yamato,the Yamato's blade is sharp enough to cut through space,can create magical swords,is capable to create a shield to protect the user,can create portalsand was also capable to ressurect Nero

Time Slow and Time Stop for DMC3 Vergil: With Yamato,is capable to slow down time and stop the flow of time with the sword

Memory Manipulation and Conceptual Manipulation Type 3 for DMC3 Vergil, DMC4 Nero Post-Devil Trigger and DMC4 Dante: Can separate man from demon, can change people's memories and give them a physical form and can also separate power from heart.However, this is not applicable in combat

Enhanced Regeneration Low-High for DMC3 Dante Post-Devil Trigger, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Post-Devil Trigger: Was able to regenerate after being melted by the Savior,this happens because that Sparda sealed his powers in Rebellion, Yamato and Devil Sword Spardaand because of this Rebellion, Yamato and Devil Sword Sparda gave new demonic powers to Dante, Vergil and Nero

Regeneration Negation up to High-Mid for DMC3 Dante Post-Devil Trigger: Dante was able to make Beowulf permanently blind in one eye,even after some time has passed

Explosion Manipulation via Demonic Energy, Unholy Manipulation and Magic Manipulation for Nero: Can channel his power through his weapon to make a bullet explode on contact with the target

Life Manipulationfor DMC4 Nero: Can give life to inanimate objects

Low-Godly Regeneration for DMC1 Dante, Nelo Angelo and DMC5 Nero: Can regen after complete destruction of his body,although since the time frame is not specified, this regen is non combat applicable, at least until further evidence how many time did take to Vergil regenerate after the complete destruction of his body

Planetary Range with Shock Wave Manipulation for DMC5 Dante, DMC5 Vergil and Urizen: Can create powerful shock waves enough to shook the planet earth

Enhanced Empathic Manipulation and Fear Manipulation for DMC5 Dante: Can make V sense despair and fear,which is capable to endure being in other Demons's presence, which causes despair, fear and insanityand in the Demon World, which also causes despair, fear and insanity

Weapon Creation for DMC5 Dante: With Devil Sword Dante,when Dante uses Sword Formation, he can create magical swords to automatically attack, block, evade, and enhances Dante's attacks and movement on his behalf, or if he chooses, he can control them manually. Sword Formation can be used at any time with any weapon, firearms, and Devil Arms in Dante's arsenal or even without any weapon at all and can alter its shape and quantity accordingly.

Instinctive Reaction for DMC5 Dante: With Devil Sword Dante,the sword has its own will and its gonna help Dante when he will fight against his enemies

DMC5 Vergil needs Explosion Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Homing Attack, Fire Manipulation, Homing Attack, Plant Manipulation, Corruption, Blood Manipulation and Transmutation from Urizen

Having the same power source is one thing, what you do with said power is another, depends on your creativity, skill or what you learned to do and you didn't, we can only scale their physiology (resistances and innate stuff) but not what they do with their own powers

Disagree with Time Hax for Vergil, there is 0 statements about the moves that slow the target being done via Time Manipulation, the game describes as based on Air manipulation. That page called "Space-Time fissure" but the official name in game is just "Void Slash". Stopping foes isn't Time Hax without statements, tk can do the same, paralysis inducement aswell

Disagree with thousands of km for range, is very clear that Lady wasn't thousands of km away from them, the temen ni gru isn't that high even reaching the clouds which are about tens of kms

I agree with Low Godly only if it's "over time" and not applicable in combat

Urizen's haxes for Vergil are out of character, but I agree

Resistances

Poison Manipulation for DMC Volume 1, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Pre-Devil Trigger: Was capable to resist different types of poison numerous times throughout his life, like when was capable to breathe on demonic air, which is confirmed to be toxic,was unaffected by the demon monkey's poisonous blood, which was poisonous enough to dissolve his own body,was unaffected when Beelzebub's spited his poison on him,was unaffected by the Nobody's poisonous bodies when they die and explode into pieces, which ends up releasing all the toxin inside their bodies around himselfand was also unaffected by Chaos's neurotoxin sacs inside his chest, which he spits on his enemies

Energy Absorption for DMC Volume 1 Dante, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Pre-Devil Trigger: Is unaffected when entering inside the Fault's body, which is confirmed to absorb magic power of is preysand was also capable to resist his magical powers being absorbed numerous times throughout his life, like when was capable to resist Leviathan's hearts absorbing his magical powers when fighted inside him,or when Nobody's absorbed his magical powers with his dance,was also capable to resist when his magical powers was being absorbed by Nightmareand is also capable to use Nightmare Beta, which absorbs magic energy from the user

Extreme Temperatures for DMC Volume 1 Dante, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Pre-Devil Trigger: Unaffected by the fire burning his house when he was a kid

Illusions Creation, Statistics Reduction, Telepathy and Madness Manipulation Type 2 for DMC Volume 1 Dante, DMC4 Nero Pre-Devil Trigger and also switch the scan from DMC3 Vergil to this one because some of the images are cropped: Was capable to resist the illusions created by the Demon World, which just approaching is enough to be affected by powerful illusions and can also reduce the strength of someone who enters inside there,is capable to broke free of a dangerous demonic illusion created by a Sin that is capable to drive normal people to insanityand was also capable to seeing through the illusions in Mallet Island

Holy Manipulation for DMC Volume 1 Dante, DMC3 Vergil, DMC4 Nero Pre-Devil Trigger, Trish and Lucia: Is unaffected by the explosion of the holy water that kills demons instantly,and was also unaffected by Allan Lowell's magical pendant that reacts to Demonic Powerand then turns them to ashes

Enhanced Spatial Manipulation for DMC Volume 1 Dante, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Pre-Devil Trigger: Is unaffected by Yamato's attacks, which even the blade is sharp enough to cut through space in every attackand can also tank attacks from the Hell Vanguard, which is capable to distort space to attacks his opponents

Possibly Hellfire Manipulation and Magma Manipulation for DMC3 Dante Post-Devil Trigger, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Post-Devil Trigger: Since Berial's flames is likely equal to Ifrit, which the fires from Ifrit is potent enough to melt the ice from Frost's body, which are impervious to even volcanic fire from the Demon World and is able to wield Ifrit without succumbing to his Hellfire wrath

Soul Absorption for DMC3 Dante Post-Devil Trigger , DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Post-Devil Trigger: Was absorbed and melted inside of the Savior, but his soul was not melded together with the other souls inside thereBody Puppetry for Nelo Angelo and DMC5 Nero: Can break out of the Marionette's screech, which strings up their victims like a puppet

Enhanced Time Stop for DMC1 Dante, Nelo Angelo and DMC5 Nero: Is unaffected by the Bangle of Time, which can stop time and freeze almost every demon in place,despite they being shown to be unaffected by other means of Time Manipulation, like not being affected by the Demon World, which is capable to distort time and spaceand is also capable to stop the flow of time

Power Nullification for DMC1 Dante, Nelo Angelo and DMC5 Nero: Was still capable to use his close combat weapons and others demonic powers, despite Beelzebub's blue vomit which is capable to prevent his ranged weapons to shoot

Sound Manipulation for DMC Anime Dante, Nelo Angelo and DMC 5 Nero: Unaffected by Elena's sound-based attacks,was unaffected by Beastheads' loud roar and also unaffected by the dreadful metallic sound that is even more louder than the Beastheads' roar himself

Paralysis Inducement and Pain Manipulationfor DMC2 Dante, DMC5 Vergil and DMC5 Nero: Unaffected by the Demon World Nexus, which can temporarily paralyze demons after refreshing their demonic powers

Enhanced Power Nullification for DMC2 Dante: Dante become unaffected by a gel pool that canceled his powers according to Chen and himself after resisting the Beastheads assimilation process, he obtained an increase in power and was able to free himself as if the effect did not exist Cosmic Awarenessfor DMC2 Dante: When serious, Dante was capable of surprising Chen, who was stated and show multiple times to be able to predict the future thanks to Beastheadsand also is aware of events that exist even beyond space and time

Fate Manipulationfor DMC4 Dante: Unaffected by the demon dice and statue that manipulate the fate of everyone that enters inside the Game Room,which is capable to binds even Type 4 Acausals, like Nero, that was forced to play the game to reach the Containment Room

Low-High Regeneration Negation for DMC5 Vergil: Endured Dante's attacks when he was trying to kill him

Sealing for Argosax since it could affect The Human World and The Demon World when it was sealed in the arkans and I only need 3/4 to release

Agree

Adding scans that are missing in the profiles

Self-Sustenance Type 1 for DMC Volume 1 Dante, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero: Can survive underwater,in the vacuum of spaceand can survive in the Demon World, where air is toxicand the air in the Demon World can also turn people into monsters

Explosive Aurafor DMC Volume 1 Dante in Shin Devil Trigger, DMC3 Dante and DMC3 Vergil in Devil Trigger: When it is transforming,by holding his own powers inside himself and letting it out in a powerful explosion in which triggers him into his demon form and causes a major damage to his enemies

Flight for DMC Volume 1 Dante and DMC3 Vergil on Demon Forms: Is capable to flying even when is semi-transformed

Conceptual Manipulation Type 3 for DMC Volume 1 Dante and DMC3 Vergil: Is capable of erasing or restoring demons' names like his father Sparda

Absorption and Fusionism for DMC Volume 1 Dante: With Rebellion,the sword has the power to unite man and devil and can also absorb and fuse weapons, like when Dante used Rebellion's powers to absorb and fuse both Rebellion and Devil Sword Sparda, which resulted in the creation of Devil Sword Dante.However, this is not applicable in combat

Time Manipulation for DMC3 Dante Post-Devil Trigger: With Quicksilver,which alow Dante to slow down time from his enemiesand is also capable to slow down time from almost every demon, despite demons that have being shown to be unaffected by other means of Time Manipulation, like not being affected by the Demon World, which is capable to distort time and spaceand is also capable to stop the flow of time

BFR with Ebony and Ivory for DMC3 Dante Post-Devil Trigger: Sended Arkham from the Demon World to the Human World

Time Stop Manipulation for DMC1 Dante: With Bangle of Time is capable to stop time of his enemies,it's also capable to stop time even from demons that have being shown to be unaffected by other means of Time Manipulation, like not being affected by the Demon World, which is capable to distort time and spaceand is also capable to stop the flow of time

Summoning for DMC1 Dante: Can summon a giant serpent dragon during his fight with Mundus

Sealing and BFR for DMC1 Dante: Was capable of sealing Mundus away,this ability also sends the target to the Demon World

Resurrection for Devil Sword Sparda: Was capable to resurrect Trish after Mundus killed her

Low-High Regeneration Negation for DMC Anime Dante: Killed Sid, who could regenerate from a pool of blood,with a single shot from Ebony and Ivory

Enhanced Space-Time Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Possession, Reality Warping, Power Mimicry, BFR, Telepathy, Cosmic Awareness and Precognition for Beastheads: The Beastheads showed this powers

Empathic Manipulation and Fear Manipulation for DMC2 Dante (Now in base) and Beastheads: When serious, Dante and Beastheads's magical aura can be used to destroy objects and even cause despair and fear in these objects and made Chen's most loyal employers to flee

Energy Absorption for DMC2 Dante: With Beryl's Anti-Tank Rifle, which is capable to absorb and destroy magic

Limited Time Stop for DMC2 Dante: With Chrono Heart,It activates with Devil Trigger and stop time when Dante hits his targetand is also capable to stop time and freeze every demon in place, even demons that have being shown to be unaffected by other means of Time Manipulation, like not being affected by the Demon World, which is capable to distort time and spaceand is also capable to stop the flow of timeand can also affects demons that are unaffected by the Bangle of Time

Enhanced Healing for DMC2 Dante: With Healing Heart,Dante can enhance the healing effects of his Devil Trigger

Enhanced Demonic Energy Manipulation, Enhanced Unholy Manipulation and Enhanced Magic Manipulation, Durability Negation, Afterimage Creation, Gravity Manipulation, Danmaku and Time Manipulation for DMC5 Dante in Shin Devil Trigger: Capable of imploding his enemies, killing them from inside, can create afterimages, can create a orb in the enemy that prevents him from moving, can create many projectiles at once and can also slow down time with a wave of his hand,even against demons that have being shown to be unaffected by other means of Time Manipulation, like not being affected by the Demon World, which is capable to distort time and spaceand is also capable to stop the flow of timeand can also affects demons that are unaffected by the Bangle of Time

Agree

Resistance

Cosmic Radiations and Extreme Cold for DMC Volume 1 Dante, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Pre-Devil Trigger: Can survive in the vacuum of spaceand can also break out of Cerberus' ice

Remove the ''Likely'' from Sealing for DMC3 Vergil, DMC4 Nero and DMC4 Dante: With Yamato,it can cut through and create portals between the Human World and the Demon World,said dimensions had their connection sealed by Sparda in the pastand since Sparda sealed the dimensions in the past, demons are no longer able to travel between the Demon World and the Human World

Blood Manipulation for DMC Volume 1 Dante, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Pre-Devil Trigger: Instinctively semi-transformed to fight off a Sin's power to boil his bloodand was also capable to fight off Queen Empusa when she grabs him to suck his blood

Life Force Absorption for DMC Volume 1 Dante, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Pre-Devil Trigger: Instinctively transformed in Shin Devil Trigger to fight off Alice when she was sucking her life force,or when did transform instinctively some time later in Devil Trigger to fight off Nevan when she was sucking his life force in the opera house of the damned,was capable to fight of Infestant when he tries to take over his body and suck his life forceand it's also capable of fighting off the Soul Eater, which paralyze their prey and sucks their souls and life forces

Possession, Enhanced Biological Manipulation, Enhanced Disease Manipulation and Enhanced Mind Manipulation for DMC3 Dante Post-Devil Trigger, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero Post-Devil Trigger: Is capable to fight off Chimera Seed when he tries to take over his body,which even they victims are unaware that they became a host for the parasite,is also capable of wielding the Force Edge without turning into a giant blob monster like Arkham,which is also later confirmed by Griffon that you need a strong body and mind to be able to wield the Devil Sword Spardaand was also capable to battle against Mundus' control over his mind and body for 9 years

Enhanced Time Stop for DMC1 Dante with Devil Sword Sparda and Nelo Angelo: Unaffected by the Bangle of time which is capable to affect demons that have being shown to be unaffected by other means of Time Manipulation, like not being affected by the Demon World, which is capable to distort time and spaceand is also capable to stop the flow of time

Absolute Zero and Matter Manipulation (Molecular Level) for DMC3 Dante Pre-Devil Trigger, DMC3 Vergil and DMC4 Nero: Is capable of surviving attacks from the Frost's claws, who's air can reach beyond absolute zero and can kill any of their victims without feeling any pain. Can also survive a attack from Frost when he enter in a molecular scattering state, causing his molecules to pass through the target to cause damageand Frost's claws can freeze his opponents and is capable to break out of the ice

Extreme Heat, Radiation Manipulation and Matter Manipulation (Atomic Level) for DMC1 Dante, Nelo Angelo and DMC Nero Can survive attacks from plasma and particle beams made by Plasma and Mundus

Extrasensory Perception for DMC1 Dante: With Devil Sword Sparda,the sword was capable to hide passively Dante's presence for a month

Agree

Removing and changing some things that are wrong in the profile

Remove Passive Accelerated Development from DMC Volume 1 Dante, since Dante doesn't grow stronger by existing

Remove Enhanced Sixth from DMC Volume 1 Dante and DMC3 Vergil since don't fit the page and change for Soul Vision

Change the Deconstruction scan for DMC Volume 1 Dante with Ebony and Ivory for this one that have more context

Remove Kalina Ann from DMC3 Dante after the game end since he only get the Kalina Ann again in DMC5

Remove Beowulf from DMC3 Dante, since in the interview Vergil canonically never lose Beowulf, which means that the gauntlet is gameplay mechanics for Dante

Remove BFR from Yamato in Dante and Vergil profile, since Yamato already have Portal Creation and does the exactly same thing

Remove Dimensional Travel for Dante in DMC1 and change for Resistance to Sealing: With the Perfect Amulet,which allows Dante to travel between the Demon World and the Human World,which said dimensions had their connection sealed by Sparda in the pastand since Sparda sealed the dimensions in the past, demons are no longer able to travel between the Demon World and the Human World

Dante should have his age in DMC1, DMC Anime, DMC CD Drama 1, DMC CD Drama 2, DMC Volume 2 and DMC2 changed to 28-30 years respectively, because of this statements form before the nightmare

Dante weakness section should be charged to a note, since Dante joking around in combat to throw his enemies off guard is not a weakness, but a smart decision against hot-headed opponents

Add Beowulf back for Vergil in DMC1 since according to DMC5SE he always have him since DMC3 events

DMC1 Dante could exit Mundus' dimension, however he had DSS, agree with the rest

Note guys, since you added more stuff to the sandbox after Glass' posts, you should ask him to take a second look

Last edited:
I disagree with Higher Regen in Demon Form because they are already at that state, with the exception of DT users (Half Demons), keep in mind that DMD isn't canon
I mean, in the anime we see demons being in human form when possessing humans and they are also capable to transform in their demon form pretty casually there. Won't that kinda prove that they have they demon form too and they being in their demon forms in the games just give than superior regen regardless? And DT is not only exclusive to half breeds considering that Lucia is a artificial demon and she can also transform in DT too
I also disagree with Dimensional Travel for them in parts, the connection between Human and Demon Worlds was severed and the scan for that is about one time were their connection was okay, also, the novel explains that they come to the Human World via portals and gaps, even Dante needed one and he has feats of Dimensional Travel, so they can travel to other dimensions but not Human-Demon world
They state in DMC5 that, since the barrier that is separating the Demon World and Human World is going down, demons can manifest in the Human World in they true forms and since we know that the ''barrier'' they are mentioning is Sparda's seal won't that prove that they can use dimensional travel between the Demon World and Human World? Since when the worlds are sealed they can only sends they consciousness via portals and gaps like you said. But that was because of Sparda sealing the worlds not they being incapable to travel between than.
Disagree with adding Soul Hax to Trish since she never had to deal with a Soul-Based-Core demon, we can scale, let's say, Regen to all demons because the series showed us that is tied to their physiology, but Soul Hax isn't related to that, but tied to feats more than anything else, so I don't remember DMC3 Dante having Soul Hax (Dante made his Soul Hax feat in DMC1 against Demons possessing dolls, so he should have in that key, unless I'm forgeting a feat) and same goes for Vergl and Nero, Lucia makes sense, Baul and Modeus too, why V's summons ?

Killing "regular" demons isn't soul hax since they are physically there, harming them is normal damage, the difference to the Dolls in 1 is because they aren't their actual bodies, Dante has to attack their soul by hitting their doll body in order to do something, it's the same case as Castlevania Characters Soul Hax (some of them, that is)
i Will respond the soul hax tomorrow because is too late for me now
By that, we upgrade them to 2-C via fusing, warping and etc 2 Universes, which I agree but I don't know if it's your intention here (An God Tier Ap Upgrade), I believe a specific thread for that should be better, but in case that's your plan, I completely agree
My main intention for now is just to upgrade the Demon World's haxs and demons resistances to 3D for 4D . The 2-C upgrade is definitely gonna need his own thread because is going to be controversial as hell to apply on this thread alone.
Having the same power source is one thing, what you do with said power is another, depends on your creativity, skill or what you learned to do and you didn't, we can only scale their physiology (resistances and innate stuff) but not what they do with their own powers
We are only scaling resistances and innate abilities, What they do with their own powers is only what they showed to be capable off in the series.
Disagree with Time Hax for Vergil, there is 0 statements about the moves that slow the target being done via Time Manipulation, the game describes as based on Air manipulation. That page called "Space-Time fissure" but the official name in game is just "Void Slash". Stopping foes isn't Time Hax without statements, tk can do the same, paralysis inducement aswell
Ok, than we switch to Air Manipulation and Telekinesis for Vergil than.
Disagree with thousands of km for range, is very clear that Lady wasn't thousands of km away from them, the temen ni gru isn't that high even reaching the clouds which are about tens of kms
Than just switch to tens of kilometers than.
I agree with Low Godly only if it's "over time" and not applicable in combat
Fine. But i already putted there as not applicable in combat as you and the others already requested.
Urizen's haxes for Vergil are out of character, but I agree
Agree, Vergil is not going to use than in character, but should be on her page regardless
DMC1 Dante could exit Mundus' dimension, however he had DSS, agree with the rest
I think is more akin to the resistance to sealing, since he can travel between the two worlds when they are still sealed by Sparda in the past, thanks to the perfect amulet and for the others explanation that i gived in the dimension travel section
Note guys, since you added more stuff to the sandbox after Glass' posts, you should ask him to take a second look
Like i said in the dmc discord, i only added social influence, limited toon force and energy absorption for Dante, nothing more than that.

I mean, in the anime we see demons being in human form when possessing humans and they are also capable to transform in their demon form pretty casually there. Won't that kinda prove that they have they demon form too and they being in their demon forms in the games just give than superior regen regardless? And DT is not only exclusive to half breeds considering that Lucia is a artificial demon and she can also transform in DT too
Well, could be, I don't really buy it because they are demons disguised as humans, assuming their natural true form

But if the regen feats scale to their human disguise (like Alice, for example), then we can just say that even supressing their true form, their regen is that good, and that it should get better when releasing their true being, works for me

They state in DMC5 that, since the barrier that is separating the Demon World and Human World is going down, demons can manifest in the Human World in they true forms and since we know that the ''barrier'' they are mentioning is Sparda's seal won't that prove that they can use dimensional travel between the Demon World and Human World? Since when the worlds are sealed they can only sends they consciousness via portals and gaps like you said. But that was because of Sparda sealing the worlds not they being incapable to travel between than.
It was stated in the novel or the actual game ? Because until BTN, they needed gaps and portals to come, if the events in DMC5 is what made the barrier get weaker and allow them to travel, then yeah I guess it's fine then. But if it was in the novel, then it means those gaps and portals are more frequent because of the barrier getting weaker

Not that it nukes Dimensional Travel for them anyway, since they have other feats that don't use Human and Demon World Travels

My main intention for now is just to upgrade the Demon World's haxs and demons resistances to 3D for 4D . The 2-C upgrade is definitely gonna need his own thread because is going to be controversial as hell to apply on this thread alone.
I understand, but accepting DW as 4-D already upgrades them to solid Low 2-C by default, because it needs DW being a separated Time-Space

I think is more akin to the resistance to sealing, since he can travel between the two worlds when they are still sealed by Sparda in the past, thanks to the perfect amulet and for the others explanation that i gived in the dimension travel section

I'm talking about that dimension that he created as battlefield against Dante, it wasn't the DW, and Dante got out of it after the fight

I mean, like before the nightmare explain in times of peace, demons need to possess either humans or objects to manifest in the Human World. Which means, that just like the dolls in DMC1, they are not in their true bodies and that also means to kill than, they need to attack their soul directly. Which is the definition of soul hax, since they are attacking a soul in a physical body,

V was able to manipulate Nightmare's core in Visions of V, so Dante and Vergil having soul hax in lower key is also not a problem.
Well, could be, I don't really buy it because they are demons disguised as humans, assuming their natural true form

But if the regen feats scale to their human disguise (like Alice, for example), then we can just say that even supressing their true form, their regen is that good, and that it should get better when releasing their true being, works for me
Nice, i did forgot that Alice was capable to show some high-mid regen feats when she was possessed in the manga
It was stated in the novel or the actual game ? Because until BTN, they needed gaps and portals to come, if the events in DMC5 is what made the barrier get weaker and allow them to travel, then yeah I guess it's fine then. But if it was in the novel, then it means those gaps and portals are more frequent because of the barrier getting weaker

Not that it nukes Dimensional Travel for them anyway, since they have other feats that don't use Human and Demon World Travels
it was in the game actually, they say that since the barrier is going down they can manifest in the human world in they true forms.
I understand, but accepting DW as 4-D already upgrades them to solid Low 2-C by default, because it needs DW being a separated Time-Space
Sounds good to me than, so we just we just nuke ''3A possibly Low 2-C'' and make than full Low 2C after the CTR is concluded.
I'm talking about that dimension that he created as battlefield against Dante, it wasn't the DW, and Dante got out of it after the fight
Indeed I noticed now that i confused Dante escaping the Mundus's dimension, was being the same for Dante entering in the Demon World, thanks for remembering me about this Dante. I already fixed that

Last edited:
I mean, like before the nightmare explain in times of peace, demons need to possess either humans or objects to manifest in the Human World. Which means, that just like the dolls in DMC1, they are not in their true bodies and that also means to kill than, they need to attack their soul directly. Which is the definition of soul hax, since they are attacking a soul in a physical body,

V was able to manipulate Nightmare's core in Visions of V, so Dante and Vergil having soul hax in lower key is also not a problem.
Well then it depends on the anime to work, since the games don't cover times of peace (always had a portal to the DW) which means the demons should be in their true body, also the novels, so I guess Beryl should also have with her Rifle. Now, it's possible that they are releasing the demons by killing the host and when released, they can't stay here in the Human World, but if we talk about possibilities, then I guess Soul Hax makes more sense since it's a common ability between demons with feats in almost every canon material

I just hope we are not scalling Lady to this, since it was literally stated that she doesn't use magic on her stuff

About V, that actually only scales to Vergil since V is him, but Dante doesn't scale, like we already agreed, we are scalling between them only innates and resistances, Soul Hax isn't innate (tied to physiology) but an ability that V/Vergil knew how to use it

But I guess Dante gets this by killing demons in times of peace (Novel 1) so meh

Then I guess it's fine

sorry but can you take me out of the agree part, i have been away for a while and i don't remember what was this all about and seeing dante bring up points made me realize i should read the whole thing again

I just hope we are not scalling Lady to this, since it was literally stated that she doesn't use magic on her stuff
Nope, only demons and hybrids, unless they retcon that lady use magic on his weapons she is out of soul hax blog that i made.
About V, that actually only scales to Vergil since V is him, but Dante doesn't scale, like we already agreed, we are scalling between them only innates and resistances, Soul Hax isn't innate (tied to physiology) but an ability that V/Vergil knew how to use it
Yeah, i was going to say that is an innate ability of than because they are capable to kill demons even when they are kids, according to before the nightmare and visions of v, but they are trained by Sparda so meh.
sorry but can you take me out of the agree part, i have been away for a while and i don't remember what was this all about and seeing dante bring up points made me realize i should read the whole thing again
Np Tony.

Is there anything else that's added to the blog that isn't just toon force, social infuence and energy absorption? If there's none then I guess the 3 other abilities are fine. And I still think the other additions are ok.

We only saw them being trained in Sword Style, It's possible that he showed other stuff but that would be speculation

Soul Hax isn't related to their physiology, but how they use their power, we can't scale unless they have feats showing the ability, having the same source is one thing, what you know to do with said power source, another, that's why Nero doesn't have Soul Hax in 4, DMC4 Demons are artificial and the other came from a portal to DW (aka real body), after that and some years he became a Devil Hunter so I guess it works then (for his DMC5 key)

Staff won't come, but someone who retracted their vote early on in a thread because of all the ongoing shenanigans has returned.

I once again agree with everything in the sandbox.

Well, just need staff to conclude then, from what i understood earl isnt coming anymore.
So yeah, it shouldnt be a problem t oconclude.

I apologize for the intrusion, but I'd like to argue for the removal of Deconstruction from Ebony & Ivory.

1- The text doesn't attribute deconstruction to bullets​

Here is the summary of the chain of events, with pictures of the scans here

Gilver disarms Dante and sends his sword flying away -> Dante can't recover his sword and thinks the guns would be useless against the black armor so he tries to wrestle Gilver -> Gilver incapitates Dante with his shotgun and is about to kill Dante by stabbing out his heart -> Gilver accidently hits Dante's amulet -> Dante uses the opportunity to shoot Gilver with a hail of bullets -> Gilver underestimates the guns thinking that they are normal human guns but realizes that his armor would be useless against the bullet just before he is hit -> the bullets cracks Gilver's armor and pierces right through him -> Gilver armor explode and Gilver observes that there is something weird in the bullets themselves and he sees flashes of Goldstein's and Grue's faces (sounds like a power of friendship asspull) -> Something within Gilver explodes and he is launched to the ceiling and black fluid gushes from his wounds causing him to fall unconscious -> Gilver wakes up and opens his eyes to glare at Dante with his bandaged face unwrapped -> Dante attempts to question why Gilver looks like him and why he has a similar amulet but Gilver is beyond speech and possibly hearing -> Gilver's face remains twisted with hatred while unresponsive to Dante and he disintegrates until nothing is left

Dante previously tried out Ebony and Ivory to kill demons, and he is a regular customer of Goldstein, but he thought the guns would be useless against the armor. The bullet's unexpected power has been attributed to memories of Goldstein's and Grue's faces, so it seems that the bullets were amped from beyond the grave.
But it is not stated that Gilver's disintegration was done by the bullets; this is mere speculation that is not supported by other instances in the series.
There are various ways demons die upon suffering a vital blow (some leave a corpse in tact, some explode, some transform into ice and shatter), and one method of death we've seen multiple times from demons, including from Proto Angelos whose Gilver is wearing the armor of, is disintegration.

2- Gilver is probably not canon, and if he was canon then he would be a Proto Angelo who we know disintegrates upon death​

While DMC5 made references to characters and events to the first novel and thus firmly canonizing them, Gilver is still the most non-canon part of the novel as it contradicts Dante's backstory in DMC3 and DMC3's manga; Dante also uses Force Edge in the novel which he never got until the end of DMC3. In the manga Dante thinks Vergil is dead because he never saw him since his mother's death.

https://s41.mkklcdnv6tempv3.com/************/d1/devil_may_cry/vol1_chapter_5/7.jpghttps://s41.mkklcdnv6tempv3.com/************/d1/devil_may_cry/vol1_chapter_5/8.jpghttps://s41.mkklcdnv6tempv3.com/************/d1/devil_may_cry/vol2_chapter_9/4.jpg

The Before the Nightmare DMC5 novel mentioned that after the lower demons Mundus sent as assassins against Virgil and Dante (disguised under the name Tony Redgrave) were turned to powder, Mundus created Black Knights to hunt the twins after studying how Dante, Vergil, and Sparda fight. Young Dante would fight a Proto Angelo with a black armor who might be copying Vergil's fighting abilities, but there is nothing post DMC3 supporting him fighting someone with Vergil's face or thinking that he killed Vergil.
Nonetheless, based on DMC5 we know that Proto Angelos evaporate upon death, like various other demons. Which goes against the claim that bullets themselves caused the deconstruction of a Proto Angelo, and therefore can deconstruct material objects upon contact.

While I do see logic on your post, but you can't just say Gilver is not canon when we have actual, factual material making him suitable for what the series is today, the novel is canon on what doesn't go against the series, and BTN just fixed Gilver being Vergil thing to a Angelo, which basically was the only real problem besides Dante's sword being Force Edge in the cover (despite not even called that in the novel).

The Before the Nightmare DMC5 novel mentioned that after the lower demons Mundus sent as assassins against Virgil and Dante (disguised under the name Tony Redgrave) were turned to powder, Mundus created Black Knights to hunt the twins after studying how Dante, Vergil, and Sparda fight. Young Dante would fight a Proto Angelo with a black armor who might be copying Vergil's fighting abilities, but there is nothing post DMC3 supporting him fighting someone with Vergil's face or thinking that he killed Vergil.
The manga would already cover this by making Dante and Vergil meet again a year before the events of DMC3, also many demons that Dante fought weren't referenced in the story after (Even great ones (soon to be upgraded to Demon King level) like Abigail), doesn't mean they were yeeted from canon

We from DMC were discussing this on discord, and yeah I also have my problems with Deconstruction now based on the first half of your post, but I disagree with the non canon argument. Worth saying that it was stated (In a offcial guide I believe) that Dante's bullets contain spirits, guess we now know why they told us that

Dante previously tried out Ebony and Ivory to kill demons, and he is a regular customer of Goldstein, but he thought the guns would be useless against the armor. The bullet's unexpected power has been attributed to memories of Goldstein's and Grue's faces, so it seems that the bullets were amped from beyond the grave.

Dante thought the guns would be useless because the armor was repelling his physical attacks, none of Neil guns till that point were stronger than him nor where they different than normal guns but we know that those are far from normal guns, they were specially designed and made for Dante, its literally a pair of weapons that are completly different from anything she has made before and if I remember things correctly, there wasn't any demon that could tank the bullets from E&I in the novel. In short, Dante understimated the guns.

The faces are literally Gilver regret over discarding the guns as something human made and thus useless against him. In no moment where they amped.

But it is not stated that Gilver's disintegration was done by the bullets; this is mere speculation that is not supported by other instances in the series.
There are various ways demons die upon suffering a vital blow (some leave a corpse in tact, some explode, some transform into ice and shatter), and one method of death we've seen multiple times from demons, including from Proto Angelos whose Gilver is wearing the armor of, is disintegration.

The fact that he was shot and then his body started to fade away after a bunch of effects seems like a very implicit effect of the bullets, not the other way around. The proto angelos in 5 desintegrate in a manner similar yes, but that is after they are killed/destroyed while Gilver is still alive (and the manga shows the bodies stay there instead of evaporating). The other demons death was tackled in the past crt.

the novel isn't canon

I don't remember if it was Itsuno or Matt but there is a interview where they basically said everything is canon, now for the stuff that doesn't make sense?

Simply got retconed, instead of FE (it was never told to be FE btw) its rebellion, instead of being who knows how old he is a teen who has been on the run for a while and decided to settle down in that town.

Regardless, the director, the last game and the last novel integrate the first novel in the canon.

Worth saying that it was stated (In a offcial guide I believe) that Dante's bullets contain spirits, guess we now know why they told us that

There was another one saying the bullets wipe demons out of existence (someone posted it in a discussion thread a long time ago) but some thought of it as bs and the thread was never made (I told you guys in the past already)

I don't remember if it was Itsuno or Matt but there is a interview where they basically said everything is canon, now for the stuff that doesn't make sense?
It was Matt

Also yeah Tony seems to make sense

I apologize for the intrusion, but I'd like to argue for the removal of Deconstruction from Ebony & Ivory.

1- The text doesn't attribute deconstruction to bullets​

Here is the summary of the chain of events, with pictures of the scans here

2- Gilver is probably not canon, and if he was canon then he would be a Proto Angelo who we know disintegrates upon death​

While DMC5 made references to characters and events to the first novel and thus firmly canonizing them, Gilver is still the most non-canon part of the novel as it contradicts Dante's backstory in DMC3 and DMC3's manga; Dante also uses Force Edge in the novel which he never got until the end of DMC3. In the manga Dante thinks Vergil is dead because he never saw him since his mother's death.

https://s41.mkklcdnv6tempv3.com/************/d1/devil_may_cry/vol1_chapter_5/7.jpghttps://s41.mkklcdnv6tempv3.com/************/d1/devil_may_cry/vol1_chapter_5/8.jpghttps://s41.mkklcdnv6tempv3.com/************/d1/devil_may_cry/vol2_chapter_9/4.jpg

Nonetheless, based on DMC5 we know that Proto Angelos evaporate upon death, like various other demons. Which goes against the claim that bullets themselves caused the deconstruction of a Proto Angelo, and therefore can deconstruct material objects upon contact.
I would like to say that saying Gilver is JUST a Proto Angelo is kinda wrong, he is obviously more than that....Before retcon he was legit Vergil and thus virtually 100% equal to Dante in skills and biology, after the retcon it can be questioned how much different he is but even then he is Vergil clone first and foremost so even then he is very similar to Dante even in biology.....the armour is just armour even though it is Nelo Angelo armour....so saying that he should disintegrate just like Proto Angelo is a downplay......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back