• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing some missing scans/broken links and some haxs additions for Devil May Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting here my sandbox

Agree: Oliver de jesus, TISSG7Redgrave, Galens, Theglassman12, Dante Demon Killa, Sevil Natas, Sparda 20000000, Obi2cool4kenobi, TFSCell, Dienomite22 (Neutral on acausality type 4 and disagree with fate manipulation resistance and cosmic awareness resistance for Dante), AogiriKira (But is very iffy about with fate manipulation resistance for Dante and the regeneration negation resistances), Efíté, GilverTheProtoAngelo

Last edited:
my thoughts

It was never said that mundus would use power null against dante, that he possesses it does not mean that he is in character to use it

scaling yamato's resurrection to Rebellion is pointless, dante was never said to be resurrected unless you want to use dmc3 and dmc3 manga scan, although I don't think it will resurrect him as such, just release more of his demonic powers

Life Manipulation for DMC4 Nero should not applicable to combat

I also have doubts if I give Regeneration Negation to the characters, apart from the feat of Dante killing Sid and maybe Vergil, nothing indicates that they are doing it or resisting

Considering that Mundus created the BH which can give knowledge to the user to undestand events that exist even beyond space and time could be a resaon for to say he not used because already knows is going to be uselless to try to power null Dante

I not sure about this one, but the resurrection can come from the fact that Sparda sealed his powers in the swords like DMC5 explain to us, since he sealed his powers in the Rebellion, Yamato and Force Edge and both Devil Sword Sparda and Yamato showed the ability to resurrect people

Technically, Nero can use this to give life to the gyro blades to kill demons, like he did in mission 4, so is still can be counted as combat applicable to Nero

According to DMC5 Nico's report, it's says that demon can regen they wounds instantly in they demons forms, so Dante making Beowulf blind from one eye is a feat for regen neg for him and Nero was able to regen after being melted five years before losing his arm after gaining new demonic powers from Yamato and he also was able to regen his wounds in the fight against Urizen in VOV that happens after he loses his Devil Bringer

So much lmfao

But for realz so far all sees fine doe is majin just SDT? Considering SDT is just Dante no need to be in near death and had absorbed the rebellion so there is that but eh idk much on that.

So much lmfao

But for realz so far all sees fine doe is majin just SDT? Considering SDT is just Dante no need to be in near death and had absorbed the rebellion so there is that but eh idk much on that.
Yeap Before The Nightmare novel and DMC5' s Nico reports says that they are Dante and Vergil true forms absorbing Rebellion and Devil Sword Sparda makes Dante able to control that form andthey also say something similar to Vergil saying that he is using Yamato as power source for SDT

That still doesn't mean Majin and SDT are the same tho, specially when we have seen Majin way before anything related to Sin was a thing

Well, i think they just retcon to be the same thing considering they mention that to be their true forms in the series

And with Devil Sword Dante and Yamato they can control SDT without needing to be in the brik of death to happens

The CRT is much larger than I expected, but for simplicity I will only mention the things that I disagree on

-I do not agree with the manipulation of air for the world of demons, filling the air with a toxic substance is poison manipulation.
-I definitely don't agree with adding resurrection for Rebellion as something similar has never been said for this sword unlike others like Yamato and Sparda, but I am not against adding resurrection for Devil Sword Dante as part of this weapon is the same sword Sparda.
-Keeping up with a weakened opponent doesn't give an analytical prediction so I disagree with that for Nero

Self sustenance type 1 doesn't sound like a thing based on the reasoning for demons, sounds more like type 2 underwater breathing to me.

magic manipulation is redundant, just say magic.

if demons don't age, shouldn't they have type 1 immortality?

Application Statistics is just statistics amplification

air manipulation is just poison manipulation

life manipulation seems vague and not literal. Transmutation alone is fine.

I do not see type 2 and especially type 7 immortality negation for either dante or vergil.

I'd say possibly reactive evolution would be more appropriate.

disagree with resurrection for Rebellion, They don't have the exact same abilities, so scaling it to something yamato does with no lines suggesting they'd have the same power is iffy.

eh I'm not 100% on board with them resisting holy water just because they use it. Seems a bit like game mechanics for them to scale to resisting that unless there's a text saying holy water doesn't work on them.

possibly resisting hellfire manipulation I'm ok with, not 100% sure on them scaling completely.

don't really see power null resistance on that scan regarding mundus.

Same issue regarding light resistance. Do you have anything that suggests he resisted it as opposed to tanking it?

where's it stated Fault can absorb energy?

the fire and electricity resistance sounds more like a tanking feat than them resisting it.

don't see nero having analytical prediction for beating a weaker vergil.

the rest of the additions are fine.

Self sustenance type 1 doesn't sound like a thing based on the reasoning for demons, sounds more like type 2 underwater breathing to me.
I think that self-sufficiency type 1 has more to do not only with demons that breathe underwater, but also with demons that survive and breathe the toxic air of the underworld, something that is within the standard of self-sufficiency type 1, although you can correct me if I'm wrong

Having self sustenance type 1 would be legit if they have been able to breath in the vacuum of space on top of being able to breath underwater. The toxic air is just poison resistance.

Oh my lord, that's a lot of links to check

I'll take a look through the sandbox, the proposed changes, and the evidence when I can.

Ok, i already removed Resurrection for Rebellion, Analytical Prediction for Nero and i changed air manipulation for Poison Manipulation for Demon World Energy

Didn't know there is an underwater breathing page, but i already changed self sustenance type 1 to underwater breathing type 2
magic manipulation is redundant, just say magic.
OK
if demons don't age, shouldn't they have type 1 immortality?
Yeah, i forgot to put that, but already fixed that
Application Statistics is just statistics amplification
Fixed

life manipulation seems vague and not literal. Transmutation alone is fine.
Removed
I do not see type 2 and especially type 7 immortality negation for either dante or vergil.
In the scan, they said that Vergil was weakend by the wounds inflicted by Dante and considering thet they say that they can kill thenselves, but without bypassing they regens could fit type 2 and type 7 immortality negation since in Dante and Vergil case is similar to the Belmonts from Castlevania that can kill Dracula without bypassing his regen

I'd say possibly reactive evolution would be more appropriate.
Fair Enough
eh I'm not 100% on board with them resisting holy water just because they use it. Seems a bit like game mechanics for them to scale to resisting that unless there's a text saying holy water doesn't work on them.
Well, don't we give resistance to feats that happens in gameplay? We gived resistance to paralysis inducement for DMC3 Dante and Vergil because they are capable of fighting off the Soul Eaters, who are stated to paralyze their prey, we also give resistance to extreme cold because they can break out of Cerberus' ice and we also give resistance to poison because they are unafected by the Nobody's poisonous bodies, despite the scan saying that they should stay away and dunno if that helps, but Dante was unaffected by the Allan Lowell's spell that reacts to Demonic Power and then turns them to ashes
possibly resisting hellfire manipulation I'm ok with, not 100% sure on them scaling completely.
OK
don't really see power null resistance on that scan regarding mundus.
It's thought based and the other reason is because Mundus created the BH which can give knowledge to the user to undestand events that exist even beyond space and time could be a reason for to say he not used because already knows is going to be useless to try to power null Dante
Same issue regarding light resistance. Do you have anything that suggests he resisted it as opposed to tanking it?
Basically the same reason for the holy water, don't we consider what happens in gameplay and say is valid to give than resistance for that?
where's it stated Fault can absorb energy?
The scan is missing, but i already fixed, just going to post here to make life more easier than going back to my sandbox
the fire and electricity resistance sounds more like a tanking feat than them resisting it.
OK, but would that still give resistance, considering we talking about a fire that can melt AZ ice and a electricity that can override the fire who can melt AZ ice? checking the AZ page here, AZ ice can frozen you body in atomic level. Something like that should insta one shot everything that don't have the proper resistance for that

Isn’t the Belmont’s case on the fact that they can kill other beings aside from dracula?

the soul eaters aren’t the same with holy water given they have a lore statement of paralysis. If there’s a lore statement where it said it will kill all demonic beings in its AOE, then sure they could resist holy manipulation. If not it doesn’t feel like something that would scale.

That just sounds like too much assumption. If we have an actual text or scene indicating the power null didn’t work then sure. Without actual proof I’m not sold on scaling the Mundus power null thing.

already explained this with the holy resistance.

Fire in of itself doesn’t negate durability like how Absolute Zero does, and neither does electricity unless there’s some specific application to the lightning. If they’re stated to be unfazed by the fire and lightning then sure they’d resist it. But melting absolute zero is just a good feat for fire, not really something that would scale to resistance

we also give resistance to poison because they are unafected by the Nobody's poisonous bodies, despite the scan saying that they should stay away and dunno if that helps

This should be changed to his Vol1 key because of the monkey Demon who's blood is poisonous and acidic (and Dante walked through it like nothing)

Isn’t the Belmont’s case on the fact that they can kill other beings aside from dracula?
Well, they have immortality type 3 and 7 in the profiles and is stated that is because they can sever his connection with Chaos, but i not sure now if this, just like DMC fits immortality type 2 and 7
the soul eaters aren’t the same with holy water given they have a lore statement of paralysis. If there’s a lore statement where it said it will kill all demonic beings in its AOE, then sure they could resist holy manipulation. If not it doesn’t feel like something that would scale.
I find this ones that the holy water can insta kill demons and hurt badly the bosses in the games and this one that say it can kill all evil beings on his surrounding
That just sounds like too much assumption. If we have an actual text or scene indicating the power null didn’t work then sure. Without actual proof I’m not sold on scaling the Mundus power null thing.
Fair enough already removed from the sandbox
already explained this with the holy resistance.
I find this one that say that all enemies in the area takes damage, but they not mention that they are insta killed by the light of Pandora
Fire in of itself doesn’t negate durability like how Absolute Zero does, and neither does electricity unless there’s some specific application to the lightning. If they’re stated to be unfazed by the fire and lightning then sure they’d resist it. But melting absolute zero is just a good feat for fire, not really something that would scale to resistance
OK then and removed from the sandbox

This should be changed to his Vol1 key because of the monkey Demon who's blood is poisonous and acidic (and Dante walked through it like nothing)
It's already there because of that

No the page said they’re unable to sever his connection with Chaos. And I still don’t really see type 7 on the description for it, let alone both being negated.

I’m more ok with this possibly scaling for holy resistance with the description, but that’s it.

umm, I think you gave me a different scan cause nothing there tells me Dante’s using Pandora.

No the page said they’re unable to sever his connection with Chaos. And I still don’t really see type 7 on the description for it, let alone both being negated.
Fair enough
I’m more ok with this possibly scaling for holy resistance with the description, but that’s it.
OK
umm, I think you gave me a different scan cause nothing there tells me Dante’s using Pandora.
Don't know what happens, but here is the correct one although is probably better to put as possible resistance to light manipulation like the holly water

Eh I’m still not sold on light resistance. If it’s stated to kill all demonic presence as with holy water then sure.

Ok, then i gonna remove the light manipulation

There is no other scan supporting the light killing all demons like the holly water

I agree with Glass here on overall

About Soul Manipulation, sure many demons showed some Type of Soul Hax, but couldn't killing them (and keeping them dead) be just Immortality Negation ? Since their condition as Evil Spirits/Etc is linked to Types 6 and 7, negating them would be enough

I agree with Glass here on overall

About Soul Manipulation, sure many demons showed some Type of Soul Hax, but couldn't killing them (and keeping them dead) be just Immortality Negation ? Since their condition as Evil Spirits/Etc is linked to Types 6 and 7, negating them would be enough
Well, checking the Soul Manipulation page is fit that killing demons when they are possessing things in the human world is soul hax

"Soul Manipulation is the ability to interact with one's soul or the souls of others. This ability ranges from being able to project the power of one's soul outward, grasping and ripping the souls of others out of their bodies, outright consuming souls to gain power, among other applications."

Since they can kill than, without touching the soul directly, it's qualifies for that

Well, checking the Soul Manipulation page is fit that killing demons when they are possessing things in the human world is soul hax

"Soul Manipulation is the ability to interact with one's soul or the souls of others. This ability ranges from being able to project the power of one's soul outward, grasping and ripping the souls of others out of their bodies, outright consuming souls to gain power, among other applications."

Since they can kill than, without touching the soul directly, it's qualifies for that
Okay then, additions FRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back