• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing some missing scans/broken links and some haxs additions for Devil May Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
No...that's not what regeneration negation is.
technically it would be. since it would be powernull to just randomly nuke someones power out of the blue like that, since that powernull includes nullifying regen, it would regen negation. this doenst matter because clearly you have evidance to back it up, Sid wasnt even implied that lost his power in that fight

technically it would be
No it wouldn't.
. since it would be powernull
No, it would be killing the being that gives him power, wouldn't nullify the powers themselves.
to just randomly nuke someones power out of the blue like that,
He nuked a demon, not a power
since that powernull includes nullifying regen,
Not the same thing.
it would regen negation.
Nope, it's just destroying a dude that gives him power. If a character takes his powers from a bottle of wine and you break the bottle, you achieve an effect similar to power null, you didn't power null though, nor do you have power null.
this doenst matter because clearly you have evidance to back it up, Sid wasnt even implied that lost his power in that fight
Never said that, i said it's a valid interpretation, but then again 2 interpretations that don't give regen and a stretchy interpretation that gives him an ability. Hmm....i wonder which one is the best choice here.

Never said that, i said it's a valid interpretation, but then again 2 interpretations that don't give regen and a stretchy interpretation that gives him an ability. Hmm....i wonder which one is the best choice here.
its not valid since its not based on anything what so ever, the negation part makes the most sense here and it doesnt go as far as "dantes attacks somehow seperated all of abigials power from sid, then he killed him" with no evidence that any of that happened
No, it would be killing the being that gives him power, wouldn't nullify the powers themselves.
are you saying that anime dante killed the actual abigial?
anime dante 3-A confirmed
jokes aside this isnt based on anything what so ever.

its not valid since its not based on anything what so ever, the negation part makes the most sense here and it doesnt go as far as "dantes attacks somehow seperated all of abigials power from sid, then he killed him" with no evidence that any of that happened
It's based on the fact that we know dante can just kill demons in similar scenarios. Similar to what he did to the girl to separate the demon from her (kill only the demon). It makes much more sense than regeneration negation cus it's based on something we have seen Dante do before.

are you saying that anime dante killed the actual abigial?
The portion that sid had absorbed yes.
jokes aside this isnt based on anything what so ever.
It's lovely that you act like the regeneration negation is based on anything at all. And as i've said before you can easily say he killed him similar to how he kills golems.

okay when did i agree to that? i only said their regen is based on power, i dont think regen varies from demon to demon like you're claiming here, its only based on how powerful they are. stop twisting my words
Literally on the downgrade thread itself? You agreed that it's based upon how powerful Demons are, I.E it ranges from Demon to Demon since they all aren't born with the same amount of power. You should learn what twisting words actually means since you clearly aren't aware of the definition given that it doesn't apply here. I'd also drop that attitude if I were you.

Literally on the downgrade thread itself? You agreed that it's based upon how powerful Demons are, I.E it ranges from Demon to Demon since they all aren't born with the same amount of power. You should learn what twisting words actually means since you clearly aren't aware of the definition given that it doesn't apply here. I'd also drop that attitude if I were you.
you are making it sound like i agree with you when im not, you're saying that demons level of regen is inconsistent and it varies between to demon to demon i posted scans debunking that and they clearly imply & blatantly state that regen come from demon power and better power = better regen and thats what mister arguing for here, since fodder demons like those golems have it, dante is far superior to those. honestly you are legit being more aggressive than i am here, calling me an ignorant fool and what not,

Last edited:
Ok so since that thing is huge. I will take it one by one based on the sections of the blog.

1. Power Bestowal. I guess that is fair, as long as you don't give this to Dante.
  2. Non-Corporeal. Same as above, as long as this isn't given to dante and vergil and is only given only to the true forms of demons (so not just slap it at every demon ever even when they are possessing stuff).
  3. Immortality type 6 and Possession. I mean immortality type 6 not really. Cus they don't need to jump from host to host, they are just spirits. So just possession is fine.
  4. Immortality type 7. Why? Being a spirit doesn't give type 7 afaik.
  5. Immortality type 1. As long as it doesn't apply to Dante or Vergil im fine cus we know they get old.
  6. Immortality type 2. While that's fair, not for all demons though. Since Beowulf died from having his head cut off in DMC3, so limit it to the demons that have shown it.
  7. Immortality type 3. Same as above, not for all demons. Beowulf is pretty infamous for never having regenerated. So limit it to the people that have shown regeneration.
  8. High-Mid regen. Can you provide the exact scan for that? The link in the sandbox goes to an imgur post with over 15 scans with many of them not being anywhere near High-Mid. Also specify who this would scale to.
  9. Healing. What the hell is the point of healing? It's not a spell, it's just his regen being faster during DT. Just put it as "regenerates quicker during DT".
  10. Underwater breathing. Why does this to a random thing in another wiki? Post the feat.
  11. Self Sustenance type 2. This is weird. This could even be that demons don't need to feed as often or don't need food (consume other things for energy). Also wouldn't apply to dante who is half demon.
  12. Universal Range with Dimensional Travel. Ah yes, infinite speed with time stop. First of all, it's "cross universal" not universal. And second of all, it's redundant. Dimensional travel goes to and from other universes, it is self implicatory that it has cross universal range. Part of that argument is kinda weird though. "Can live inside the faults body", yes i also live within the universe, i don't have universal range. "Which is another dimension", you should specify that it's a pocket dimension, cus it is not another universe. But either way, the fault thing is not gonna give you anything, so stick to dimensional travel. And this doesn't apply to all demons, a lot of demons have to use very specific gaps that allow them to seep through, they don't just create them. Which is the whole point of the Yamato to begin with, if every demon could just dimensional travel outta there, what would be the point of yamato separating the worlds, nothing would change.
  13. Empathic, fear, madness and aura. Yeet this part entirely. I already have the thread going on about these. Debate it there if you want, not gonna have the same topic on 2 different CRTs. Not to mention you should have waited for the old CRT to finish first.
  14. Pain Empowerment. Idk if i wanna call this empowerment cus they aren't getting stronger. Dante is just capable of refilling his demon energy by hitting or getting hit.
  15. Blood Empowerment. Fair.
  16. Immersion. Wrong. Those weren't ordinary mirrors. They were portals.
  17. Surface Scaling is fair.
  18. Water Walking. This is a bit weird cus we see random rubble on top of the water too, but it's fine either way, the power is no big deal.
  19. Acausality type 4. The only one that is even remotely related to acausality in there is the "different flow of time" thing, but that doesn't give Acausality, otherwise DBZ would have had that ages ago from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. All the gravity and law stuff have nothing to do with causality as i said so i won't bother.
  20. This whole part is just "magic". But idk if you wanna say "physical or otherwise" there. It doesn't really help you cus it means 1 power null and they basically turn to normal ppl.
  21. Longevity for hybrids. Im not so sure on this one. Dante is looking pretty old in DMC5 and even tells vergil "you were young once too" (implying he wouldn't be considered young anymore), and Lady (a human) is still looking fresh. So im not sure if it would scale to all hybrids. But it can stay as a "possibly".

As soon as we get these outta the way. I will get to the next section of the sandbox.
I assume the DMC ppl don't have any issues with all the changes i proposed? If no i can get on with the next section.

Ok so since that thing is huge. I will take it one by one based on the sections of the blog.

1. Power Bestowal. I guess that is fair, as long as you don't give this to Dante.
  2. Non-Corporeal. Same as above, as long as this isn't given to dante and vergil and is only given only to the true forms of demons (so not just slap it at every demon ever even when they are possessing stuff).
  3. Immortality type 6 and Possession. I mean immortality type 6 not really. Cus they don't need to jump from host to host, they are just spirits. So just possession is fine.
  4. Immortality type 7. Why? Being a spirit doesn't give type 7 afaik.
  5. Immortality type 1. As long as it doesn't apply to Dante or Vergil im fine cus we know they get old.
  6. Immortality type 2. While that's fair, not for all demons though. Since Beowulf died from having his head cut off in DMC3, so limit it to the demons that have shown it.
  7. Immortality type 3. Same as above, not for all demons. Beowulf is pretty infamous for never having regenerated. So limit it to the people that have shown regeneration.
  8. High-Mid regen. Can you provide the exact scan for that? The link in the sandbox goes to an imgur post with over 15 scans with many of them not being anywhere near High-Mid. Also specify who this would scale to.
  9. Healing. What the hell is the point of healing? It's not a spell, it's just his regen being faster during DT. Just put it as "regenerates quicker during DT".
  10. Underwater breathing. Why does this to a random thing in another wiki? Post the feat.
  11. Self Sustenance type 2. This is weird. This could even be that demons don't need to feed as often or don't need food (consume other things for energy). Also wouldn't apply to dante who is half demon.
  12. Universal Range with Dimensional Travel. Ah yes, infinite speed with time stop. First of all, it's "cross universal" not universal. And second of all, it's redundant. Dimensional travel goes to and from other universes, it is self implicatory that it has cross universal range. Part of that argument is kinda weird though. "Can live inside the faults body", yes i also live within the universe, i don't have universal range. "Which is another dimension", you should specify that it's a pocket dimension, cus it is not another universe. But either way, the fault thing is not gonna give you anything, so stick to dimensional travel. And this doesn't apply to all demons, a lot of demons have to use very specific gaps that allow them to seep through, they don't just create them. Which is the whole point of the Yamato to begin with, if every demon could just dimensional travel outta there, what would be the point of yamato separating the worlds, nothing would change.
  13. Empathic, fear, madness and aura. Yeet this part entirely. I already have the thread going on about these. Debate it there if you want, not gonna have the same topic on 2 different CRTs. Not to mention you should have waited for the old CRT to finish first.
  14. Pain Empowerment. Idk if i wanna call this empowerment cus they aren't getting stronger. Dante is just capable of refilling his demon energy by hitting or getting hit.
  15. Blood Empowerment. Fair.
  16. Immersion. Wrong. Those weren't ordinary mirrors. They were portals.
  17. Surface Scaling is fair.
  18. Water Walking. This is a bit weird cus we see random rubble on top of the water too, but it's fine either way, the power is no big deal.
  19. Acausality type 4. The only one that is even remotely related to acausality in there is the "different flow of time" thing, but that doesn't give Acausality, otherwise DBZ would have had that ages ago from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. All the gravity and law stuff have nothing to do with causality as i said so i won't bother.
  20. This whole part is just "magic". But idk if you wanna say "physical or otherwise" there. It doesn't really help you cus it means 1 power null and they basically turn to normal ppl.
  21. Longevity for hybrids. Im not so sure on this one. Dante is looking pretty old in DMC5 and even tells vergil "you were young once too" (implying he wouldn't be considered young anymore), and Lady (a human) is still looking fresh. So im not sure if it would scale to all hybrids. But it can stay as a "possibly".

As soon as we get these outta the way. I will get to the next section of the sandbox.
3. That’s pretty nit-picky. They fit the Bill for type 6 so there isn’t really a reason for them not to get it.
4. This is fine, actually. I’m entirely neutral on type 7.
8. There were a few, such as the savage golem who can regen from getting cut in half. The demon who can regen from décapitation in the DMC 2 novel.
10. Referring to mission 7 and 8 where Lucia can stay underwater indefinitely.
13. Fair enough.
14. It’s stronger in the technical sense. Just instead of getting stronger indefinitely, it just refuels him.
16. There’s Nelo Angelo who did it. (skip to 0:30)
19. I’ll come back to this one later
21. Ehh, this is fair.

3. That’s pretty nit-picky. They fit the Bill for type 6 so there isn’t really a reason for them not to get it.
The thing is, they don't really possess other things after their death. Take literally every fodder demon ever, they don't just swap bodies after 1 host is dead.

10. Referring to mission 7 and 8 where Lucia can stay underwater indefinitely.
I mean....that is fine? Idk, not a big addition either way.

14. It’s stronger in the technical sense. Just instead of getting stronger indefinitely, it just refuels him.
Refueling is not "stronger" though.

There’s Nelo Angelo who did it
As i said that seems quite a bit situationary as we never see Dante or vergil ever do it again. But i won't be too much against it as long as we keep it to just nelo angelo.

I agree with everything besides fate manipulation resistance, acausality type 4, cosmic awareness for Dante and both limited regeneration negation resistances.

The thing is, they don't really possess other things after their death. Take literally every fodder demon ever, they don't just swap bodies after 1 host is dead.

As i said that seems quite a bit situationary as we never see Dante or vergil ever do it again. But i won't be too much against it as long as we keep it to just nelo angelo.
I'll wait for someone to answer these before moving on to the 2nd section.

My opinions are still no to the following.

• Analytical Prediction and Power Nullification for Dante
  • Regeneration negation for Dante and Vergil.

* Resistance to Extrasensory Perception (should be changed into Stealth Mastery.)

* Dante's resistance to Matter Manipulation (For the Frost.) Frosts don't interact with their opponents molecules, they just scatter into mist on a Molecular level, not attack the opponent on one.

* Type 4 Acausality

* Fate manipulation for Dante

* Law and Physics Manipulation for Demon World energy

The rest I'm fine with (save for the abilities we're talking about on the other thread.)

Oliver, instead of bumping you can just answer these 3 points:

I mean....that is fine? Idk, not a big addition either way.

1-The truth is I do not know, it is clear that demons mostly steal or create bodies to enter the human kingdom, although it is never made clear to us if their avatar dies, the real ones die since there is not much that implies that if someone alazar kills an avatar of a demon means that the true demon is dead, I think a "likely or limited" maybe make sense

2-when something is empowered it do not necessarily need to become "stronger", can only increase a single aspect like speed, stamina, etc.

3-I mean, dante has to enter the mirror world in the game (mission 19) and nothing says that vergil after liberating himself from mundus control lost that power, I think dmc1 dante and Nelo angelo key should have it.

1-The truth is I do not know, it is clear that demons mostly steal or create bodies to enter the human kingdom, although it is never made clear to us if their avatar dies, the real ones die since there is not much that implies that if someone alazar kills an avatar of a demon means that the true demon is dead, I think a "likely or limited" maybe make sense
Thing is, possession is fine. But not immortality type 6, just cus we don't know enough to say whether they do have immortality type 6. Based on what they do just possession on its own is good.
2-when something is empowered it do not necessarily need to become "stronger", can only increase a single aspect like speed, stamina, etc.
Does empowerment include refilling though? I won't object much as long as you specify in the description.
3-I mean, dante has to enter the mirror world in the game (mission 19) and nothing says that vergil after liberating himself from mundus control lost that power, I think dmc1 dante and Nelo angelo key should have it.
The mirror world wasn't a real mirror they were portals cus dante was traveling throughout the mirror world using them, he wasn't just going in a mirror and staying there.

The nelo angelo one is fair as i said, but that is vergil who was corrupted by Mundus, so saying it's an innate ability of vergil would be a stretch. This ain't any big addition either way, so stick to Nelo Angelo i say just because of the circumstances.

Ok moving on to some of the rest of the points. 2nd Section:

Paralysis etc etc etc - Wasn't that moreso Mundus specifically?
Physics manip, law manip and Gravity Manip - No, that was what merging the worlds did, not demonic energy specifically. Merging the universes into a new one would, for obvious reasons mess with things like gravity and stuff, it's not Demonic energy though.
Absorption - No...that is just the worlds merging, not absorption for anything.

3rd section Resistance to:
Space-time manip - They really don't resist anything. Time passing slower or faster wouldn't really mean much to anyone and demons don't really move in places where "the hands of times has stopped".
Poison manip - For the demons that haven't shown regeneration only.
Physics, gravity and law - No, that's what happens to the world, it doesn't affect the people. The world has its physics warped, not the demons inside.
Absorption - The demons are unaffected cus it doesn't affect anyone, it only affect the dimension itself. And again it is just the 2 universes becoming 1 there is no absorption happening to humans either.
Beastheads stuff - Cus it "replenishes demons", it is not supposed to affect them in the first place.
Possession - No. What the hell? Are you saying everyone in the world should get passively possessed by Agrosax at once here?
Absolute Zero - I've gone over this in the other CRT. Standard change.

Section 4 seems to be things that have already been accepted unless im missing something. So section 5:
No, it's not a 4D structure. It being able to interact with space and time doesn't mean it's a 4D structure, otherwise a LOT of people who can affect time and space with their stuff would be 4D. I won't go too deep here as this whole argument seems to come from misunderstanding what 4D truly is. Just know that affecting time and space isn't 4D in potency.

6th Section:
Dimensional Storage: Hardly the case, he doesn't really store his weapon in a separate dimension. The fact that he's not just overloaded with weapons all the time can easily be a graphical design and the weapons he gets are souls so you can easily say he stores them like that. Just not Dimensional Storage Dante has never done that.
technique mimicry- should be limited as it was vergil he has seen and fought vergil who knows how many times he knows his brother. it wasn't just some random dude on the street
ESP - Won't bother too much with the applications, but in what way is the tower thousands of kilometers high?
Royal Guard - That's just a ton of abilities you slapped on it that make no sense. Damage Boost, Reduction and Power null are just no. It doesn't fit the criteria for the previous 2 and i've explained why power null isn't a thing.
Regeneration- I've gone over it before.
Same for Regen negation.
Possession and Immortality type 6 negation - No, it separates a demon from the host, it doesn't make him unable to possess things and i went over immortality type 6 earlier.
Low Godly- The "explosion" is too unclear to give sth this huge.
Planetary Shockwave - The earth isn't referring to the planet dude, it just means the ground there. Earth as a term doesn't only refer to the planet.
Enhanced Empathic and Fear - No, that is just V ******** his pants cus he made Dante angry. Gone over this in the other thread.
Weapon Creation - It's limited, cus he can't create any weapon, Devil Sword Sparda was a special case.
Matter manip - Went over this in the other thread. Particle Beams aren't matter manip.

I will go on to the 7th section after we're done here.

3rd section Resistance to:
Space-time manip - They really don't resist anything. Time passing slower or faster wouldn't really mean much to anyone and demons don't really move in places where "the hands of times has stopped".
Yes they do the time stop occurred at time of merger and affected everything...you can see in the text that there is no limiting range to the phenomenon....so it affects both worlds....and by extension all the inhabitants of demon world....

So you agree that, since the Demon World Energy affected both the Demon World and the Human World, demons should have resistance to space-time and time stop than? Since they are not affected as show in DMC2

So you agree that, since the Demon World Energy affected both the Demon World and the Human World, demons should have resistance to space-time and time stop than? Since they are not affected as show in DMC2
No i don't. Otherwise that resistance would scale to DMC 3 Dante who was blatantly affected by the Horse's time slow (i don't remember his name rn).

And i'd still like proof that time stopped for the entire world as iirc in another part it's stated that the time flows differently in different places, someplaces slow, someplaces fast, so the fact that it all stopped despite no one feeling a thing (humans included) is very much not the case.

If humans like the Red haired girl were stopped in time then yeah sure, i'd agree. But seeing as no one is affected and these guys get affected by time hax all the time, that is not the case. So no resistance, simple as that.

No i don't. Otherwise that resistance would scale to DMC 3 Dante who was blatantly affected by the Horse's time slow (i don't remember his name rn).

And i'd still like proof that time stopped for the entire world as iirc in another part it's stated that the time flows differently in different places, someplaces slow, someplaces fast, so the fact that it all stopped despite no one feeling a thing (humans included) is very much not the case.

If humans like the Red haired girl were stopped in time then yeah sure, i'd agree. But seeing as no one is affected and these guys get affected by time hax all the time, that is not the case. So no resistance, simple as that.
The "Red haired girl" is an artificial demon....who at the end of the game defeated a Argosax possesed Arius......her name is Lucia.
There are no humans shown in DMC2....Matier is a hybrid, Arius is also artificially enhanced....

You cannot claim that humans were affected when it isn't shown.....besides you cannot compare demons to humans...

Time running differently in different places is a default set of affairs.....time stop is unnatural which the demons are not affected by.....

Geryon being able to slow Dante means that he bypasses those resistances....same for Dante successfully using Quicksilver, Bangle of Time, Chrono Heart and Judgement....

Besides whether or not humans get affected or not is a non factor here...maybe they are affected or maybe they aren't...it doesn't matter since we are discussing whether demons resist time stop and space-time manip.

Geryon being able to slow Dante means that he bypasses those resistances....same for Dante successfully using Quicksilver, Bangle of Time, Chrono Heart and Judgement....
Not your best bet. Slapping resistance negation to everything won't work.

And no, if dudes can move where time doesn't move, them having trouble where time is just slower is a direct anti-feat. Not to mention that the text says "the demon realm can stop the hands of time" not "has stopped". And Dante doesn't even resist it as he has to do some things to get out of the warped places, he wouldn't need to if he straight up resisted it.

Why would that be resistance negation? We are just saying that time hax can work on people with time stop resistance if they have the feat for that
And no, if dudes can move where time doesn't move, them having trouble where time is just slower is a direct anti-feat. Not to mention that the text says "the demon realm can stop the hands of time" not "has stopped".
Nope, that means that they time hax is powerful enough to bypass the time stop resistance simple as that. They saying ''can stop the hands of time'' means that the time is already stopped in the game
And Dante doesn't even resist it as he has to do some things to get out of the warped places, he wouldn't need to if he straight up resisted it.
Why Dante needing to do some things to progress in the game matters to say he not resist time stop? The time is already stopped Dante is just doing stuff to progress in the game and reach his goal

Btw, there is time manipulation on later M19 in DMC3 where time keeps resetting and dante is the only one there not being affected, yes a resistance feat on the same game when geryon time hax exists and affects you.

Lets agree on gameplay/design standpoint, would be dumb and stupid to make a boss that manipulates time to not be able to affect you.
And resistance negation, or a more op time hax that is more op than your time resistance is a thing that often happens in fiction.

And no, if dudes can move where time doesn't move, them having trouble where time is just slower is a direct anti-feat. Not to mention that the text says "the demon realm can stop the hands of time" not "has stopped". And Dante doesn't even resist it as he has to do some things to get out of the warped places, he wouldn't need to if he straight up resisted it.
Demons resist time stop....but Chrono Heart Dante can affect them in DMC2...
DMC3 came after this.......so based on facts already established Geryon's time slow working on resistant entities is very impressive not an anti feat.....
Or if we use this logic than IG Thanos time stopping Abstracts who are immeasurable speed will also be an anti feat..

The Demon Realm had yet to even start the process....the fact that 2 out of 3 phenomenon happened later down the line means 3rd happened too....besides this isn't the first time realms have been merged and/or been attempted to be merged

Player needing to clear an obstacle is gameplay.......it is the Character who resists it...former is representative of latter.

Why would that be resistance negation? We are just saying that time hax can work on people with time stop resistance if they have the feat for that
Not always the case. Cus dante has time stop abilities too that work on demons. They wouldn't work if that were the case.

Nope, that means that they time hax is powerful enough to bypass the time stop resistance simple as that. They saying ''can stop the hands of time'' means that the time is already stopped in the game
No, it means it 'can' stop. Not has stopped.

Dante's Time hax comes from geryon, the feats goes for both by bypassing the resistance.
And again.
Slapping bypassing resistance on everything despite there being several other interpretations isn't what you always do fam.

And no, that's not really an excuse. You just don't make a boss who manipulates time if the intent is "these guys don't care about it".

Btw, here a another time hax resistance feat for Dante.
Dante isnt affected by time going back and the demon while affected, they dont appear to be much affected.
Later i can come with the DMC 2 stuff.

Tell us then what other interpreations it does have.
I told you, the time hasn't actually stopped, it's just a possible effect it could have. Seeing as helicopters work during said stopped time.

That 2nd one might be more legit, but do you have a better scan? Cus in that one, we can't say whether or not Dante was affected. He was just standing there even before the time started to rewind so he was obviously standing even when time rewinded. If you have anything for Dante moving before that that'd be good. I don't remember that part when i played the game though, probs cus i would kill the monsters before the time ran out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back