• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing some missing scans/broken links and some haxs additions for Devil May Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante's health bar, devil trigger gauge and items does not come back when time is rewinded in the game, they stay the same way they are before time was rewinded seems like a pretty blatant time hax resistance feat for Dante

Seeing as helicopters work during said stopped time.
By Helicopter you mean this ? Yes is a demon posessing a helicopter, it woudnt debunk because of it.

unknown.png

That 2nd one might be more legit, but do you have a better scan? Cus in that one, we can't say whether or not Dante was affected. He was just standing there even before the time started to rewind so he was obviously standing even when time rewinded. If you have anything for Dante moving before that that'd be good. I don't remember that part when i played the game though, probs cus i would kill the monsters before the time ran out.
1-3 seconds after dante gets hit, time rewinds, dante didnt move backwards (being hit animation) and the demon animation did stop on the exactly moment time started to rewind, the demon starts to rewind when the camera focus on him and dante. Dante idle animation is also playing normaly and not backwards.
Dante also a feel frames before time rewinds, did move is body, and we dont see him moving.

I propably can the same feat, but with dante doing stuff instead of waiting for time to rewind.

I completely agree with Efite, Mister and Gilver

Implying developers cares about scalling and consistency

Not only they don't care, but also because Resistance isn't Immunity, a certain Hax can affect you even if you have certain Resistance against it, it just need to be stronger than your level of Resistance.

This is pretty basic and we have many verses that "layers" of Resistance are important to show how strong some haxes are

No, it means it 'can' stop. Not has stopped.
Its an observation telling us about attributes of demon world.......which occurs when the event actually takes place.

The M19 stuff will give Dante resistance to time reset along with time slow and time stop since both of these happen after time reset and he isn't affected.

Last edited:
Dante's health bar, devil trigger gauge and items does not come back when time is rewinded in the game, they stay the same way they are before time was rewinded seems like a pretty blatant time hax resistance feat for Dante
That's just clear gameplay mechanic bruv.

Here a diferent version of it.
That's actually pretty legit, but that 2nd scan is a bit weird. Cus it says "dante will experience a time set back". Basically saying Dante is not safe from it either.

That's just clear gameplay mechanic bruv.
Nope, that pretty blatant resistance feat for Dante just because happens in gameplay doesn't means is gameplay mechanics
That's actually pretty legit, but that 2nd scan is a bit weird. Cus it says "dante will experience a time set back". Basically saying Dante is not safe from it either.
When the scan means "Dante will experience a time set back" is because he will have to fight the same demons he killed prior the time reset, not that he is affected by the time being rewind in the Infinity Nirvana Room

Experiencing a phenomenon and resisting it regardless...thats what is happening here...

Gameplay is representative of lore.....you cannot discard especially if it is about something more special than just fighting brainless fodder....

Last edited:
By the way, expect a CRT to be made soon regarding the DMC stats. A new page (which I find to be stupid.) was made which heavily impacts this particular verse.

Of course I'm not gonna make but I am giving y'all a fair warning of what's to come (headache.)

By the way, expect a CRT to be made soon regarding the DMC stats. A new page (which I find to be stupid.) was made which heavily impacts this particular verse.

Of course I'm not gonna make but I am giving y'all a fair warning of what's to come (headache.)
Bcoz it was mentioned on Bleach Downgrade thread right??
Already know that.....I was tempted to reply then and there but bcoz it was staff only I hesitated....
Regardless it won't matter it qualify even with new standards in mind.....

Hm correct, and given that Bleach and Devil May Cry share VERY similar feats, and I mean every similar you guy's might be out of luck. But I do genuinely wish you the best of luck when that time comes, peace.
I was waiting for someone to bring up DMC as comparison to Bleach since the day the upgrade thread was made.....I personally find Bleach upgrades as appealing even though I could never voice my support there since I was not a member at that time.....Good Luck to you Bleach boyos too....your side gave very convincing arguements on new thread....if I was staff I would have voted positively..

Regardless DMC has more blatant context for its feats....in fact the verse is in need of a upgrade on its tier rating actually.....so we will prevail in the end.

So after some thought, i not agreeing with dante having this resistance.
Everyone goes to original point, dante already enters the room wth demons already to attack him. Thats why dante is there idling when time is rewind, he is put at is original point to.
Later i will come (if i dont forget) with the DMC 2 stuff.

Just for clarification, whats your problem with DMC 2 time stuff exactly ? So i can confirm if i got the right scans.

Just for clarification, whats your problem with DMC 2 time stuff exactly ? So i can confirm if i got the right scans.
What i said above. Basically the quote for "time has stopped" is far too vague as it say "it can stop" and it never says all of it. Since we know the flow of time isn't always the same (since in the demon world it can pass slow or quickly depending on the place) in DMC, it's not hard to say "time can stop for certain areas where in other areas the time flows differently".

And when we take into account that demons do get messed up by time hax all the time the assumption that time hasn't stopped for the devils that are shown to be able to move is far more valid (that and it's requires less proof due to being the lowball).

I don't see a problem with the statement, both Dante and Lucia travel all around Dumary Island with Time warped or stopped, depending on the area, without being affected by it, it's a blalant resistance feat, the statement is "the power of the Demon World can warp the minds of men and stop the flow of time", and we know it affected the whole area

Link

I could agree with the "can", but the statement isn't talking about a possibility, only what the Demon World does when going into the Human World

So, you assume they never walked on a affected area because "demons aren't affected", which completely ignores that Resistance =/= Immunity, anyone with Resistance to Time Hax can be affected, if the ability is stronger than the target's resistance. I'm pretty sure you know that multiple verses work with these layers, take Vampire Hunter D as an example, or the fact that having baseline resistance against Mind Hax can't protect you from Star Wars characters, there are levels of Resistance

Last edited:
Yes but resistance and layers like that are only applied when the evidence is....undeniable. Here the statement is quite vague and non descriptive enough to truly get the "they do not care if time is stopped or not", especially when it adds more things like "in the time between the seconds reality is not what it seems", or things like even there Dante has to do different things to deal with it, like the go to the past and future and all that jazz.

So while the resistance and layers are indeed a thing, they need more direct proof of this resistance whereas rn it definitely feels like we're riding on possibilities, rather than facts.

The evidence is pretty straightforward "the power of the Demon World can warp the minds of men and stop the flow of time" Dante needing to do things to progress in the game means jack shit for the feat and as no relation for demons resistance to space-time and time stop resistance

Like me and the others said, the evidence is pretty straightforward saying that the statement is vague and needing to progress in the game to deal with is pure headcanon with nothing to support this argument

Saying sth is "vague" is not headcanon. That's not what headcanon is. Saying "the time has fully stopped in the entirety of both worlds" is headcanon, as the statement can have other interpretations but you're using your interpretation as factual.

As for the "progress in the game", he has to do things to progress in those conditions. He has to do a bunch of things specifically cus time and space is weird. If he resisted and didn't give a shit he wouldn't need to do any of them.

And as for more implications of what i was saying, i can easily use the movement of non animate objects such as glass, fire burning, electricity, weather conditions, wind, the movement of other macroscopic objects such as the moon, etc, all of these are examples of things that wouldn't work under a time stop. Yet they do work.

Also about the helicopter earlier, i didn't mean that helicopter, i meant Arius' helicopter which showed no real signs of demonification.

I am back, can someone give me a rundown on whats happening here? what has been accepted, whats being discussed, what mods are here, etc.

Saying sth is "vague" is not headcanon. That's not what headcanon is. Saying "the time has fully stopped in the entirety of both worlds" is headcanon, as the statement can have other interpretations but you're using your interpretation as factual.
Yeap it is, because we posted scan to support this when Agnus says that the entire world is being warped for Lucia which supports that the Demon World is affecting both worlds
As for the "progress in the game", he has to do things to progress in those conditions. He has to do a bunch of things specifically cus time and space is weird. If he resisted and didn't give a shit he wouldn't need to do any of them.
He need to hit the spheres to reach the Demon World not to resist the space time shenanigans

Scan 1

Scan 2

Scan 3

Scan 4

And as for more implications of what i was saying, i can easily use the movement of non animate objects such as glass, fire burning, electricity, weather conditions, wind, the movement of other macroscopic objects such as the moon, etc, all of these are examples of things that wouldn't work under a time stop. Yet they do work.
Irrelevant, since this happened WAY before the space-time and time stop start to happen
Also about the helicopter earlier, i didn't mean that helicopter, i meant Arius' helicopter which showed no real signs of demonification.
Arius is the one making the ritual to get Argosax power, created Lucia and the others artificial demons and even uses than to fight Dante along with some magic tricks

Do we need to say more why his helicopter not showing signs of demonification don't matter here? And Arius's helicopter is also irrelevant since he pops up WAY before the space-time and time stop start to happen

Then what causes the time hax if not the merging?
The ritual to free Argosax....which goes haywire because of Dante substituting fake coin as Medaglia....then with his weakened and incomplete powers Argosax starts merging the realms and thus the space-time hax occcurs in M14...he also unnaturally causes solar eclipse in a very short duration which is a important criteria for completion of ritual which eventually leads to his freedom and then Dante defeats him and every thing goes back to normal.

Did i hear a B U M B ?

So, according to the guides, time and space is being affected.
Arius helicopter only happears on one moment, at the oil rig in mission 7 and never appears.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/710583764794867792/809202082354561024/unknown.png

And if you check mission 14, dante makes the demon world come closer by opening a portal.

Confirmed also on the guide

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/710583764794867792/809204296600125440/unknown.png

Arius helicopter appearing in mission 7 and 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDiI79jNtFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPO-8NeA4nA&t=30s

The demon world warping starts between mission 10 and 13 (thats why we already see the world being warped without any warning) on dante's side.

This is confirmed by Lucia at the start of mission 14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otlbxLwtqZw

Considering the entire world is going to be warped and dante is bringing the demon world even closer by mission 14 and ths statement right here from dmc 5, which credits demonic power to time hax shenanigans, something that the demon world does have and uses passively according to the guide, i dont see a reason why the entire island isnt having time being stopped and warped.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/710583764794867792/809209929420242964/unknown.png

Super irrelevant when is made by Argosax which is own demonic powers when he was being partially free form the ritual. The eclipse, weather changes and cloud movement are all made by him and since they resist space-time and time stop is pretty obvious why we see this happening

Last edited:
M14 scenario is confirmed to be warped by both guide and by dante having to open a portal to escape from it.
And the statement of stopping time is also part of M14 description (yes in DMC2 missions have descriptions, and the guide have the complete description of it, in game the description isnt fully showed for some reason).

I don't find any problem with this feat, after all there is a lot of demonic influence in a lot of the named things like the weather, the eclipse, etc and also remembering the time frame as stated in the official guides, it all starts in M14. Even if we dig deeper and try to use technicalities like buildings and other constructions, we see that there is also demonic influence in these as the official guide indicates that the entire city itself comes from the body of a demon as is the case with Nefasturris.

Last edited:
I don't find any problem with this feat, after all there is a lot of demonic influence in a lot of the named things like the weather, the eclipse and also remembering the time frame as stated in the official guides, it all starts in M14. Even if we dig deeper and try to use technicalities like buildings and other constructions, we see that there is also demonic influence in these as the official guide indicates that the entire city itself comes from the body of a demon as is the case with Nefasturris.
and that seals the deal, thank you for coming :b

And then time to move to next topic
On topic of time manip, lets not forget that even Vergil can slow and stop Dante with his Void Slash( similar to Chrono Heart via physical contact) and his Summoned Swords can stop Dante too.....so thats another hax addition for Vergil.....

So should we move onto poison stuff now @Mister6ame .......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back