• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fist of the North Star General CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a spin-off prequel of Hokuto No Ken called The Gold Wings of Garuda: The Pre-history of the Nanto Goshasei, Kinyoku no Garuda: Nanto Goshasei Zenshi). the main character Garuda is a warrior who practices the Nanto Shinchoken style of martial arts. This style allows the user's fists to rend the air at the speed of light and slice the victim into multiple pieces. Does this mean Garuda has lightpseed or at least relativtistic reflexes?.

In a spin-off prequel of Hokuto No Ken called The Gold Wings of Garuda: The Pre-history of the Nanto Goshasei, Kinyoku no Garuda: Nanto Goshasei Zenshi). the main character Garuda is a warrior who practices the Nanto Shinchoken style of martial arts. This style allows the user's fists to rend the air at the speed of light and slice the victim into multiple pieces. Does this mean Garuda has lightpseed or at least relativtistic reflexes?.
If nothing other than a statement suggests the fist does move at light speed or tag anything at light speed then no.

If nothing other than a statement suggests the fist does move at light speed or tag anything at light speed then no.
It says on the Hokuto Renkitoza that Nanto Shinchō Ken (南斗神鳥拳 South Dipper Garuda Fist) is the martial art of Garuda. This style allows the user's fists rend the air at the speed of light and slice the victim. All those who are cut are burnt with fire by the incredible friction it produces.

Qliphoth made a good point above about that simply calling a technique something does not make it literal, but the other accepted calculation results can probably be applied now.

Somebody needs to actually do the work of applying the revisions though, and we have waited quite a long while for that now.
So is anybody experienced and knowledgeable ever willing to do the work of applying the accepted calculations results?

Do you mean a link to the site or a picture of Garuda using Nanto Shinchō Ken?.
Not the site, but a scan of it being stated as SoL in-canon. A scan is essentially just definitive proof. The Fandom wiki isn't definitive proof.

Not the site, but a scan of it being stated as SoL in-canon. A scan is essentially just definitive proof. The Fandom wiki isn't definitive proof.
Okay here is a scan.
7505e3be525af1507869f5f2af8ac65b.jpg

So you have a character statement. Is there something else to back it up as being literal rather than figurative language?

All of the accepted calcs can be applied barring the MFTL+ thing. Scaling also goes "Nuke -> Bunker -> Everyone" rather than "Nuke -> Jagi -> Everyone"
The different values of the lifting strength feats and Kasumi dates Zongwu speed feat needs to be determined.

The exact scaling chain is base Ken >= Jagi = other non high tier touki practitioner >= Bunker durability >= Nuke AP >>>> non-touki practitioner > grunts (can smash skulls with one hit, can survive a cross hung in the sky falling on their head)

Last edited:
Qawsedf and Jason: Thank you both for helping out.

The MFTL+ one was deemed not usable and there was no evidence provided that supports the claimed lightspeed martial art.

So no barring new evidence

Yeah, the Billions C thing is definately not useable, but I still wonder if we can use like, the speed of light statements of shit.

The MFTL+ one was deemed not usable and there was no evidence provided that supports the claimed lightspeed martial art.

So no barring new evidence
Okay. Thank you for helping out.

So which of @Jasonsith 's calculations can be applied then?

I was quite busy these days but i agree with Jasonsith's scaling chain "base Ken >= Jagi = other non high tier touki practitioner >= Bunker durability >= Nuke AP >>>> non-touki practitioner > grunts (can smash skulls with one hit, can survive a cross hung in the sky falling on their head)"

But i have one question the God tiers AP will stay the same or not ?

If somebody writes a list of all the staff and knowledgeable members who have commented earlier in this thread, I can send notifications to them so we finally get something constructive done here.

I am sorry to bother everybody, but I have a suggestion for an addition to Kenshiros intelligence section on his page, In Hokuto no Ken chapter 200 'sleeping love' Kenshiro used the Shihōrin (詞宝林) pressure points on himself allowing him to read and understand the Sanskrit writing that was engraved upon a large stone pillar.

e9b9d01fb3200ecffadf24932c276dc3.jpg

If somebody writes a list of all the staff and knowledgeable members who have commented earlier in this thread, I can send notifications to them so we finally get something constructive done here.
Is somebody here willing to do this please? We really need to do this so we can finish our revisions here.

A summary of what we currently need to do and decide would also be very useful.

Silvervigilant, can you quickly write a summary of what we currently need to do here as well please? Otherwise the staff may be unwilling or unable to help out.

Silvervigilant, can you quickly write a summary of what we currently need to do here as well please? Otherwise the staff may be unwilling or unable to help out.

As far as I know, Hokuto Shinken should have a profile page

Hokuto Shinken fighters should have Deconstruction via this

Kenshiro (and maybe other characters) should have Supernatural Willpower since he was able to stand up and fight Kaioh while in coma and unable to move his body and he was also able to overcome the vital point that Toki pressed which immobilizes one's body through sheer willpower

Kenshiro should have Attack Reflection too since he was able to reflect Kaioh's attack

And The Touki Abilities

Empathic manipulation
: Kasumi turns a tiger docile. (Souten no Ken, Chapter 211), Aura dulls murderous intent according to Liu (Souten no Ken, Chapter 145), Yasaka's instincts are numbed (Souten no Ken, Chapter 209),

Forcefield creation: Liu blocks Yasaka's kick (Souten no Ken, Chapter 208), Raoh's aura protects him (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 66), Kolk halts a knife (Souten no Ken: Regenesis, Chapter 5)

Fear inducement: Ken's aura scares Black King (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 66), Ken terrorizes Kaioh (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 188), Kasumi terrorizes a fighter (Souten no Ken, Chapter 6)

Precognition: Liu reads Yasaka's aura (Souten no Ken, Chapter 208),

Astral Projection: Liu manifests his god of war (Souten no Ken, Chapter 209), Ken fights on as a soul (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 187), hyoh manifests his god of hokuto (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 195)

Telekinesis: Liu's aura makes debree float around him (Souten no Ken, Chapter 209), Kaioh lifts Ken (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 186),

Attacks: Raoh's aura sends invisible attacks to Rei (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 66),

Energy projection: Raoh energy projects (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 66), Raoh punches clouds (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 136), Liu energy projects and Kasumi dodges (Souten no Ken, Chapter 150), Liu energy projects again and Kasumi dodges it again (Souten no Ken, Chapter 218),

Power Nullification: Kaioh sucks fighting Ki (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 185), Ki destroys passive abilities (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 208)

Air manipulation: Ken's aura moves air (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 67),

Flight: Raoh and Ken fly (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 67)

Space Manipulation: Aryu Tenha creates a poket dimension (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 193), Hyoh's ki passively bends space around him (Hokuto no Ken, Chapter 194), Liu's aura warps the space between Kasumi and him (Souten no Ken, Chapter 223)

Don't know about the AP, Speed and Durability though.

Most of the stuff seems fine because I remember it or I can easily check through the physical manga tomorrow (which I recently read again), but you should put links for the Souten no Ken powers.

Also, Ken and Raouh just jumped very high, they didn't fly iirc and they also never flew.

Most of the stuff seems fine because I remember it or I can easily check through the physical manga tomorrow (which I recently read again), but you should put links for the Souten no Ken powers.

Also, Ken and Raouh just jumped very high, they didn't fly iirc and they also never flew.
They already have limited flight in their profile, but they did fly though, in the anime and in the movie is more clear, also they can fly using Souther's Tenshō Jūji Hō.

Okay. Thank you. What Qawsedf234 accepted in his list should probably be applied then.

Is somebody here who knows what he or she is doing willing to do so please?

What Saman has accepted can probably be applied as well.

Highly unlikely unless you think Raoh's horse can jump above skyscrapers as shown in the manga.

I'm not familiar enough with the bulk of the verse to make such a large swath of changes. You would need to ask another supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back