• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does this suggest the speed of light has Infinite velocity in this verse?

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
I'm wondering if this is enough evidence to suggest the speed of light is infinite.

Here's the spark notes version.

Kentic energy is stated to be used for AP of attacks. 1 statement in series. The 2 others are guidebook. With one guidebook showing a graph that shows what characters "exploit" physics for AP and who relies on Hax.

Then, we have 2 instances where the speed of light is used to move in a time stop. Both instances specifically states its due to the speed of light, and its stated that time is non functional at the speed of light

We also have a 2 instances characters whom by all logical means should capped at "the speed of light" in verse parrying, Dodging, counter attacking, reacting, and attacking with (and to) "infinite attacks."

So my question, is this enough evidence to disregard the anti feats and suggest the speed of light is infinite in velocity?

Last edited:
"Second, "Divine Speed" is the name used ti move faster than light, and it's stated to be "break causality" to move at that speed."

Immeasurable Speed = FTL I recall breaking causality due to speed in a absolute vacuum (with no more further elaboration then that) wouldn't grant anything for speed

Causality occurs at the Speed of Light (in a vacuum), maybe it's simply a reference to that and a way of saying FTL.
That's focusing too much on what isn't my question.

Also a lot of FTL feats in tge verse are debunkable because of special circumstances. However, "Divine Speed" has solid scaling to infinite speed or immeasurable

No, causality is already violated at light speed and bodies with mass are able to travel into the future. And at superluminal speed, you can travel into the past. Yes, you get infinite energy, but that doesn't mean you get infinite speed.
bp.jpeg

It seems that the verse uses the normal relativity formula for light speed, especially in that first instance where the time stop and causality stuff is mentioned.

As for the second instance I need more context, infinite number of attacks, I assume it's that an infinite number of projectiles were thrown? I am also assuming the person who was parrying these projectiles isn't infinitely sized, meaning only a limited number of projectiles will actually need to be parried by him, or did he hit all the projectiles at the same time with an attack that traveled? Either way, if light speed allows them bypass normal time in that verse as the relativity theory, then it would explain how someone in that verse could counter such an attack. It's a verse mechanic, but wouldn't translate to infinite velocity

Back