• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Title says it all.

Talk about anything related to the saga.

Let's make FF great again! Together!

Final fantasy

Tfw one of the most selling videogame franchises has nearly any fans in here.

Lol

Well, okay. I'm playing Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: EVERY BUDDY atm. Good Mystery Dungeon title, and stellar character work.

Having played this one and Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales for the DS, I wanna make the Chocobo profile better, somehow. Mostly by adding feats from Chocobo Tales to begin with.

I only played the original DS Chocobo tales game tbh. Its been so long since that...

I've just finished Crisis Core and damn that hit hard.

@Made

Do they have any notable inverse feats? Not to mention there's Wol and Mobius Final Fantasy as well.

Made in the heaven of Goku said:
I wonder if final fantasy brave exvius characters are gonna appear in this site and how is gonna work the tiers with the visions and the trial bosses.
Ah, so Im not the only one who knows about the game. Interesting. Well, we COULD get some profiles, ill probably rewatch some cutscenes of it to find any feats. Still, shall we allow spinoff characters from spinoff FF games here? (Things such as FFRK, FFBE, Mobius FF, etc)

Hst master said:
I've just finished Crisis Core and damn that hit hard.
Saddest ending in the saga.

Also, best protagonist.

Crisis Core is one of my favourites.

Sweet, love FF. I made a profile for Selphie from ff8 the other day. Feel like there is loads missing from some of the other profiles as well.

Yesterday I completed The After Years.

A pity the superbosses were easy.

I miss when I was like 8 years old trying to figure out how to kill Omega Weapon and not being able to cheese it with info from the internet cause no youtube etc. Now days I end up reading some guide on how to prepare for super bosses and they are easy.

Ah, so Im not the only one who knows about the game. Interesting. Well, we COULD get some profiles, ill probably rewatch some cutscenes of it to find any feats. Still, shall we allow spinoff characters from spinoff FF games here? (Things such as FFRK, FFBE, Mobius FF, etc)

Yes, spinoffs are welcome.

Blackcurrant91 said:
I miss when I was like 8 years old trying to figure out how to kill Omega Weapon and not being able to cheese it with info from the internet cause no youtube etc. Now days I end up reading some guide on how to prepare for super bosses and they are easy.
I really only read in case they have a gimmick for which I need to prepare.

For example, the pre-death Meteor. That thing nearly kills me twice.

Yeah I ruin them for myself :( Omega weapon was still fun because I had to learn the move sequence and time holy wars well.

Speaking of, an item like Holy War is ridiculous in a vs match up. They basically make you immune to everything. I noted it down on Selphies profile. Other characters/ff have a version of it as well but not many have it on their profile. Is it just a game mechanic or is it justifiable to say the character is likely to have a couple on them at least?

Omega Weapon didnt have any particular gimmick, tho. Just do your usually buffing + healing + keep attacking.

Blackcurrant91 said:
yeah no gimmick really just level 5 death at the start lul.
Oh, we are not talking about the same game. Rip.

I just remembered my first playthrough in FF3. And how disappointed I felt against both Bahamut and Ahriman. Ingus had been a dragoon since you unlock that job and by the time I reached those bosses he literally oneshoted them. I laughed when Ahriman died on the second turn.

Honestly I still haven't finished V or VI. I was originally trying to finish the side quests and beat the Dragons in 6 and grind to fight Exdeath again in V. But I just never got around to it.

PaChi2 said:
Tfw one of the most selling videogame franchises has nearly any fans in here.
Lol
Yeah, I noticed FF doesn't incite much interest here. Though I am happy that people respect it well enough compared to other places where you get chased off for mentioning you like the franchsie >_> Or ignite a civil war between fans for liking a specific title.

BTW, thanks for making this thread

Obligatory which villain do you like the most post.

My fav is Vayne.

A bit of an odd case for me: while being unoriginal, my favorite is Sephiroth, but the one I consider the best is Vayne.

EDIT: Love the sheer amount of class Vayne's voice actors put in the performance.

It's the usual VII vs VI nonsense. If you ask me Kefka and Sephy are too different villains aside sharing a few traits (mainly their final battles aesthetic and music) to really have a who's better. But gotta say, Kefka is a delight whenever he is on screen (and a shining example of good translation =P)

I just love Vayne because he is super human for a villain.

Summarizing:

1: I will create a loop so that I never die!

2: I wanna rule everything.

3: Everything shall become nothingness.

4: The blue planet must be ruled by me!

5: Everything shall return to the Void.

6: I like watching the world burn. Literally.

7: I am the chosen one to rule this planet.

8: I will rule present, past and future!

9: If I must die, the world will die with me!

10: Im a whale.

11: ???

12: Humans need to be freed from the gods, and I shall lead them!

13-1: Let's call Papa by sacrificing millions of humans.

13-2: Let's save Yeul by ripping space time apart.

13-3: let's create a new world, but first this one must be destroyed.

14: ???

15: I hate your bloodline, kid.

Not to mention how charismatic and competent the guy is. That really makes it easy to like the guy, while wanting to kick his teeth in later on. (Though to be honest: I don't think simple motives or "out there" reasoning is necessarily a bad thing, it depends on how it's played.

Ivalice villiains really seem to have good layers to them. Final Fantays Tactics also had good villiains (aside Ultima herself who came too late into play, but a lot of interesting stuff could be pieced together from Ajora Glabados' story).

Tbh the Emperor needs more credit, because self-reviving after conquering hell and heaven is a goddam feat. The guy just doesnt know when to stop.

Absolutely, it may come as a bit underplayed given given how old FFII is, not to mention the guy made a very successful conquest campaign. There's also all his machinations in the first Dissidia. All the classic traits of evil ruler played for all that's worth and he was a very good player in the story.

FFII had a very unique levelling system. And I personally liked it a lot, a shame they didnt use it in any other title.

However, the buffing spells were absolutely broken in that game. Heck, you could stack them as much as you wanted and swing for ridiculously high amounts of damage. Also, if you ever went outside da wae you'd find yourself fighting against overly strong foes (and most likely losing). I also didnt like that some monster had this defense ignoring attack, it was a real pain.

Well, that levelling system eventually made it to the SaGa franchise. Those games were also pretty darn good. I guess the reason why it wasn't well received back then is because it was still rough around the edges when first implemented.

I had forgotten about levelling spells >_> seriously, it's surprising how many ways of breaking the game each FF has.

Only the buffing spells were worth it imo. Ultima was a pain to level up because you get it so late in the story you might as well not use it. Using Berserk + Haste on Firion or anyone is enough to do tons of damage and saving MP.

They're really big timesinks, though. Not sure I want to invest all my time in that when I have games like Super Mario Odyssey or Hollow Knight staring me down on my Switch.

Though FFX might be the one I jump at if I do one at all, I suppose.

Eh, do as you wish. Im just telling you that you wont regret playing them.

Also you can do the main quests rather fast.

Ogbunabali said:
If you play FFX just know that Haste is the most broken spell in the game.
Haste is broken in nearly every FF except maybe 3. I never really used it in there. And I had completed that game maaaaaany times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back