• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate Servant Tiering CRT continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
RegisNex1232 said:
Monarch Laciel said:
I think he meant Natural Monster or Demon of Mutation, which are permanent.
Those are Rank ups, not Plus/Minus modifiers. That is two separate things.
Rank ups = C to B, B to A, D+ to C+, etc. A permanent boost in the letter Rank.

Plus/minus modifiers = A+ giving a temporary boost equivalent to double of the value of A.
" 'Natural Monster' (Õñ®µÇºÒü«Ú¡ö, Tensei no Ma?) is a Skill endowed to those who were given birth as a monster rather than to a hero or god that has fallen down to the level of a Magical Beast. "

" Asterios has attained a Rank of STR and END that is absolutely impossible for a human body."

Nothing about this says anything was Ranked Up. It just says he's really strong.

Mad Enhancement (þïéÕîû, Kyōka?, localized as "Blind Rage") is the Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. In some cases, it also affects and/or seals away some techniques, Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms.

Natural Body (Õñ®µÇºÒü«Þéëõ¢ô, Tensei no Nikutai?) is the possession of a perfect body as a living being since birth.

Rank A: User Sakata Kintoki;

Naturally, he has a complete (golden) body as a living being. Grants a plus modifier to his STR. Furthermore, even without training, he's still beyond brawny. No matter how many calories he ingests, his body shape will not change.

And his other skills all deal with temporary and permanent boosts in offense and defense. Natural Monster just says his stats are impossible for human Servants to reach.

Paul Frank said:
Mad Enhancement (þïéÕîû, Kyōka?, localized as "Blind Rage") is the Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. In some cases, it also affects and/or seals away some techniques, Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms.

Natural Body (Õñ®µÇºÒü«Þéëõ¢ô, Tensei no Nikutai?) is the possession of a perfect body as a living being since birth.

Rank A: User Sakata Kintoki;

Naturally, he has a complete (golden) body as a living being. Grants a plus modifier to his STR. Furthermore, even without training, he's still beyond brawny. No matter how many calories he ingests, his body shape will not change.
And? Plus modifiers are still modifiers and not just general boosts. This hasn't changed at all.

ME guys also get Rank ups depending on ME skill level, so plus modifiers aren't included in.

>Natural Body is having a perfect body since brith

>gives a + modifier

>somehow only temporary

What

DragonEmperor23 said:
Let's pause that discussion, Matt has some new things that could possibly change how we're going about this.
Like what will change the fact that using Parameters to equate to our Tiering is inherently flawed going by the profiles where this is not used at all?

Wouldn't a general calc feat and scaling be better, and avoid the issue entirely?

Paul Frank said:
>Natural Body is having a perfect body since brith

>gives a + modifier

>somehow only temporary

What
It's right there lol. Plus modifiers =/= permanent boosts like Rank ups. You can't say his active STR is always 100 all the time when plus modifiers don't work like that at all, so...

I mean, the profiles do use parameters. Saber is currently 7-A for being able to kill Lancelot who is 7-A because he has an A rank in STR like Herc (the one with the feat) does.

Well, yeah Matt mentioned calcs and we could use those to scale.

Matt is pretty in the loop about things. he is probably communicating to the revision team and thats where he got some information from, but this is only an inference from past post/blogs/threads.

Edit: i wasn't refering to only the cosmology blog... from what i heard there is also a team working on a complete revision for the verse, but that could also be a misunderstooding from what i read on past post/blogs/threads/comments.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I mean, the profiles do use parameters. Saber is currently 7-A for being able to kill Lancelot who is 7-A because he has an A rank in STR like Herc (the one with the feat) does.

Well, yeah Matt mentioned calcs and we could use those to scale.
While B Rank STR Diarmuid and B+ Rank Fionn are 7-A as well for merely being comparable. How is this consistent?

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Matt is pretty in the loop about things. he is probably communicating to the revision team who is hard at work.
Matt hasn't messaged me or anyone involved in the cosmology blog apart from Dargoo, and things haven't really progressed due to everyone's inactivity at times, including mine.

Yeah, I know. It's not very sensical. Characters are given the same tier for being comparable to other characters yet instead of those characters having their own feats they are using Parameters to scale.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yeah, I know. It's not very sensical. Characters are given the same tier for being comparable to other characters yet instead of those characters having their own feats they are using Parameters to scale.
I was just suggesting to not equate Parameters to Tiers and instead only look at feats and showings. Is this acceptable for everyone?

Monarch Laciel said:
Have you ever seen a hero with a + on their stats mention that their strength/agility/endurance/magic just got doubled?

No, because those stats are the static values, just like all other parameters.
Not explicitly but it has been implied many times.

Herc was able to counter Calabolg II with "all his might" in Fate Stay Night.

Achilles did a NP level punch against Chiron and killed him. If B+ was always active all his attacks would be NP level and he wouldn't have been at a stalemate against Siegfried.

Mordred couldn't cut through Siegfried's Armor of Fafnir, if B+ was always active she would have been able to do that. Plus the narration mentioned that the CS boost from Kairi was only so she could continuously deliver attacks that might cut through AoF, which implies that she could cut through it with the modifier active.

Heracles could overpower Asterios in Okeanos. Again wouldn't be possible if the + modifiers were always active.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Heracles could overpower Asterios in Okeanos. Again wouldn't be possible if the + modifiers were always active.
I think it was stated there that the reason Herc overpowerd Asterios is because herc is use to fighting monsters.

I think it was stated there that the reason Herc overpowerd Asterios is because herc is use to fighting monsters.

Which doesn't work if modifiers are always active given it's Asterios's A++ (150) vs Herc's A+ (100). Hence the point.

Monarch Laciel said:
No, it would still work. It would just be a matter of experience in fighting monsters making up for the remaining difference.
Experience doesn't exactly help in a wrestling match against someone stronger than you. And it's not like Herc was winning, since they both got speared by Hector before victory was decided.

It comes from scaling to Spartacus's explosion. I was given a link to a 6-C Gandiva calc but it linked to the results only and not the feat.

You mean like something specific? I just want more feats and statements besides what we have/have gone through and Matt says he has a bunch that could even be better than what the original ratings were.

DragonEmperor23 said:
You mean like something specific? I just want more feats and statements besides what we have/have gone through and Matt says he has a bunch that could even be better than what the original ratings were.
Sure, look at profiles and see what seems fishy to you and we can discuss it here. Matt says a lot for someone who isn't an expert and has miscalculated feats, and I wouldn't exactly take his word as being reliable.

I'm not talking about debunking anything that's currently on the profiles, but instead about any feats that aren't used for the profiles currently that could be. The Fergus Lily calc was mathematically correct but Repp disagreed with it being able to used for scaling purposes so I'm going to read his argument later. I understand Matt might not have the feats, but it's something to keep in mind unless we find anything on our own.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I'm not talking about debunking anything that's currently on the profiles, but instead about any feats that aren't used for the profiles currently that could be. The Fergus Lily calc was mathematically correct but Repp disagreed with it being able to used for scaling purposes so I'm going to read his argument later. I understand Matt might not have the feats, but it's something to keep in mind unless we find anything on our own.
We did just go over Herk's feat and just started Spartacus not having a calc, both of which are in the profiles. Isn't that the point of this thread, to fix and re-tier some profiles, with better scaling, calcs and reasoning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back