• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Spriggans Scaling to Etherion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the fact that August, the strongest mage next to Zeref, in canon died while performing a 6-A feat.

That's an anti feat.

Also the fact that August, the strongest mage next to Zeref, in canon died while performing a 6-A feat.

That's an anti feat.
This is not an anti-feat. Its main use is vaporizing the blood of everyone within that range, which is completely different from Etherion simply blasting everything.

Here's just my summarized point

Etherion's whole point is that it's a mega powerful country nuking cannon. That's it's one defining feature as a weapon. It's that it's stupid powerful. So the fact that Hiro has Wall specifically call his weapon Etherion. It just makes me believe it would logically be the same power. Why even call it Etherion if it's power is massively below the Council's Etherion, which is widely known for being able to nuke countries? Like it has no reason to be called Etherion if it's just a magic cannon that isn't remotely as strong as the Council's Etherion.

So yeah, to me, based on Occam's Razor, it just makes sense that Wall's Etherion = Council's Etherion
So that’s just pure assumption. Unless ya have something that even says that then we wouldn’t even know if it’s as strong as the councils

I'm inconclusive on the actual reasoning for now, but instead of creating some of the most disgusting Power Creep I've ever seen, we do the following:

1. Make Wahl "6-C, higher in Assault Form, High 6-A with Etherion", since although I think his Etherion is equal to the normal one FRA, it was implied to be capable of killing Laxus (and by extension everyone else there who would possibly scale to or downscale from Laxus), not to mention nothing says it scales to his durability.

2. Make Brandish "6-C, up to 6-A with Body Manipulation"

3. Scale the Spriggans to Acnologia's 48.45 gigaton roar that wiped out Tenrou Island (since Gildarts did mention that the power they sensed from Acnologia at the time was not his full power since he was toying with them), since Gray would've known about the power behind the 48.45 gigaton roar.

4. Hear out my previous argument about Human Acnologia scaling to Etherion level dragons of old, since even though most Dragons 400 years in the past probably weren't on that level of power, the fact that Acnologia in Human form slaughtered ALL of the Dragons from 400 years ago heavily implies that he must've killed the few Dragons of old that DID have the ability to wipe out countries Etherion-style.

I mean, it is fine scaling-wise since Human Form Ignia's 2.079 petaton feat was casual.

First of all, we know that Acnologia’s Roar on Tenrou Island has a record high ethernano rating, meaning record high magic power, which makes it stronger than Etherion.
I don't get this point, where would the comparison between Acnologia's roar and Etherion be?
We have actual numbers for Etherion 270 mil+ ideas, but Acno's roar is just "high".

Also, I'm a little iffy on scaling to Wall in general.
While I agree on August, Irene and Larcade being much stronger than him, here we are talking about his unique secret weapon, which is charged by Wall's reserves of energy or whatever he stores inside his mechanical body, and we don't have any comparison between them and the power of other spriggans.
Also, Wall's Etherios is specifically made to be a weapon that far exceeds his normal output of power.

If we scale to Wahl's Etherion, which is not part of his conventional arsenal, then we might as well scale Base Zeref and Human Acno to Ars Magia.

And as someone already said, August's 14.4 petaton attack being a suicide move is kind of an anti-feat.

I still support all of my 4 points/proposals above.

If we scale to Wahl's Etherion, which is not part of his conventional arsenal, then we might as well scale Base Zeref and Human Acno to Ars Magia.

And as someone already said, August's 14.4 petaton attack being a suicide move is kind of an anti-feat.

I still support all of my 4 points/proposals above.
There is something about August's attack. It was mentioned that it had the power to melt the size of Fiore at minimum. The spell could be more stronger than what the calculation is.

Well since I'm back home, I can give my full thoughts: Frankly, I don't see why this doesn't work.

Outside the shared name, the anime also shows that Wall is straight up using the same weapon that's charged from and fired from space, the exact same method by which the Etherion we know is fired. In addition, as Mitch said, Etherion has been this one single weapon throughout the series without there being another Etherion in existence. It doesn't make sense within the narrative to suddenly introduce another thing called Etherion that charges and fires in the exact same way only to be its own thing. I saw the argument that the Council can't even use it anymore, but frankly, that only further explains why Wall can (since the Council wouldn't be able to defend it or anything like that).

The simplest assumption via Occam's Razor is that this is the actual Etherion, not that even with all this "we don't know if it's Etherion."

In addition, as I mentioned earlier, August's Ars-Magia is not an anti-feat. Its destruction via different means plus its blood vaporization make it a completely different case from Etherion, and claiming that this means August can't destroy a country without it really starts to devolve into an AoE Fallacy because it's very possible that Ars-Magia is simply the only spell that has that kind of range.
Also, I'm a little iffy on scaling to Wall in general.
While I agree on August, Irene and Larcade being much stronger than him, here we are talking about his unique secret weapon, which is charged by Wall's reserves of energy or whatever he stores inside his mechanical body, and we don't have any comparison between them and the power of other spriggans.
Also, Wall's Etherios is specifically made to be a weapon that far exceeds his normal output of power.
Wall uses this spell as a finisher more than a secret weapon, and even then, the scaling Mitch proposed actually supports what you're saying that Assault Wall is above most of the other Spriggans.

Also, where's the proof on that last claim? Not once is that stated.

I don't get this point, where would the comparison between Acnologia's roar and Etherion be?
We have actual numbers for Etherion 270 mil+ ideas, but Acno's roar is just "high".
"Record High", meaning the "Highest amount or level that something has ever reached"

Etherion fired not too long before this statement, so Acnologia's Roar exceeded Etherion's Magic Power Rating, which would make it stronger

Where does it say that Fiore is the minimum?
I read back the chapter on 527, August says he possesses enough power to wipe the country off the map. When he says enough, it's probably not his full power. Besides, it was a suicidal attack, so regardless of the potency he uses, it would still kill him regardless.

Wall uses this spell as a finisher more than a secret weapon, and even then, the scaling Mitch proposed actually supports what you're saying that Assault Wall is above most of the other Spriggans.

Also, where's the proof on that last claim? Not once is that stated.
The fact he uses it only as a last resort, which results in him building up huge amounts of magic, as the output of his Etherion isn't obviously the same he uses normally.
Either finisher or secret weapon, it's still something he doesn't use normally, it's kind of August's Ars Magia, a specific spell that stands above what else they can do.

"Record High", meaning the "Highest amount or level that something has ever reached"
Why would it mean highest ever when he just says high?

Etherion fired not too long before this statement, so Acnologia's Roar exceeded Etherion's Magic Power Rating, which would make it stronger
Not really, they are just saying that Acno's roar had a generic "high" amount of magic power, there's no comparison to Etherion.

Btw, I'm actually fine with Wall's Etherion being comparable to the actual one, name and function are the same, the anime further shows similarities and I see more likely it being comparable than it being not, but I also understand the point of view of those against it.

Not really, they are just saying that Acno's roar had a generic "high" amount of magic power, there's no comparison to Etherion.
Mate, read it again, he says RECORD HIGH

Which means the highest amount something has ever reached, it's the record part that's important

A record high ethernano reading would mean Acnologia's Roar is the highest known amount of ethernano ever recorded, which would exceed Etherion, since we know for a fact that the Council recorded and got a number for Etherion's ethernano count

Points I agree with OP on:

1. Wahl's Etherion is the real deal FRA

2. Brandish's (incredibly casual) 6-A feat and her statement of "nation destroyer" implying she is comparable to Etherion

3. Acnologia's roar being > Etherion

Points I disagree with OP on:

1. Gray's statement (This was likely more hype than anything, which is why we should just scale instead to the 48.45 gigaton Acnologia roar calc we currently have as a secondary feat)

2. Wahl does not scale to Etherion (it was a clear trump card move that would've killed Laxus, who scales to Assault Mode Wahl's normal power, not to mention it's like how Zeref and Human Acno were ruled to not scale to Ars Magia (even though IMO they should).

3. Honestly just the fact that Ars Magia's 14.4 petatons is an anti-feat.

The fact he uses it only as a last resort, which results in him building up huge amounts of magic, as the output of his Etherion isn't obviously the same he uses normally.
Either finisher or secret weapon, it's still something he doesn't use normally, it's kind of August's Ars Magia, a specific spell that stands above what else they can do.

That’s not what the words “record high” mean. This also ignores the fact that the same page points out how Dragons nuked (continent sized) countries in one shot. Acno’s breath is stated to be >>> Etherion and Acno > Dragons = the same feat as Etherion. Don’t see where the doubt is coming from about the relation between Acno and Etherion.

Just because we see the anime version of Wahl’s cannon doesn’t mean it’s as strong as the councils….

and her statement of "nation destroyer" implying she is comparable to Etherion

A title of "Nation Destroyer" does not imply any specific level of AP.

I'm inconclusive on the actual reasoning for now, but instead of creating some of the most disgusting Power Creep I've ever seen, we do the following:

1. Make Wahl "6-C, higher in Assault Form, High 6-A with Etherion", since although I think his Etherion is equal to the normal one FRA, it was implied to be capable of killing Laxus (and by extension everyone else there who would possibly scale to or downscale from Laxus), not to mention nothing says it scales to his durability.

3. Scale the Spriggans to Acnologia's 48.45 gigaton roar that wiped out Tenrou Island (since Gildarts did mention that the power they sensed from Acnologia at the time was not his full power since he was toying with them), since Gray would've known about the power behind the 48.45 gigaton roar.

4. Hear out my previous argument about Human Acnologia scaling to Etherion level dragons of old, since even though most Dragons 400 years in the past probably weren't on that level of power, the fact that Acnologia in Human form slaughtered ALL of the Dragons from 400 years ago heavily implies that he must've killed the few Dragons of old that DID have the ability to wipe out countries Etherion-style.

I mean, it is fine scaling-wise since Human Form Ignia's 2.079 petaton feat was casual.

Slightly off but on the topic of “this guy’s magic >>>> everything else before”, Demon Eye Hades has this statement for him which makes me feel kinda iffy about applying them to Etherion outside of shit like Dragons.

Also Hiro says the Spriggans > any prior villain in the series so they are in fact stronger than Tartaros Acno.

Cry about it + stay mad + L + mald + seethe + cope harder + hoes mad + ratio + touch grass

Just because we see the anime version of Wahl’s cannon doesn’t mean it’s as strong as the councils….
It's done in the exact same manner as the Council's. There's far less going for assuming it's not the same than there is in favor of it

If Brandish can raise someone to a continental level AP, why don't we use that to scale her and the other Spriggans? at least August, Irene and Lacarde are obviously superior to her and she has already shown herself to be able to augment herself.

If Brandish can raise someone to a continental level AP, why don't we use that to scale her and the other Spriggans? at least August, Irene and Lacarde are obviously superior to her and she has already shown herself to be able to augment herself.
That doesn't make any sense. Why would the other Spriggans scale to that feat? Why would August, Irene and Larcade scale to that when Brandish obviously doesn't regularly use that in combat.

Also the calc for that feat for Gajeel doesn't come from magic power but from his mass.

Mate, read it again, he says RECORD HIGH
Which means the highest amount something has ever reached, it's the record part that's important
A record high ethernano reading would mean Acnologia's Roar is the highest known amount of ethernano ever recorded, which would exceed Etherion, since we know for a fact that the Council recorded and got a number for Etherion's ethernano count
Geez, calm down.
Now I get it, I always read it as "a level recorded as high", not "high" being the record itself.
I now you couldn't know the next thing, but I'm quite tired and stressed recently, I made a mistake and you could make me notice it more nicely either way.

Anyway, Acno was already considered above Etherion because of several sources pointing out how it would have been useless agianst him or something, I don't quite remember.

Still, I keep my stance on scaling to Wall, since I don't see why others would scale above his one-off super strong attack.

Regarding Gray, it technically makes sense since he should have felt Acno's power, even tho we don't see him doing it nor making a real comparison.
There also isn't a reason why he shouldn't have felt Acno, since that's what they do, but at the same time I'm prone to think this might be a case of the author overlooking some detail and us making some stretch.

Etherion is noted as a weapon that destroys countries. It's not noted as "a cool laser", "something that vaporizes blood", nothing, it's a nation busting technique. Any copy of Etherion has that qualification. Assuming a technique with the same name that has the same appearance in the canon anime has a different definition is just... wrong.

For everybody saying that Brandish and the like would scale above Acnologia from Igneel fight, you're... pretty much 100% wrong.
Zeref, the most knowledgeable person on that island about Acnologia, says that Acnologia treats humans like bugs and similarly, there is no one who expends all his power simply to kill a bug.
Acnologia wasn't trying and had a record high rating. Him trying scales above all of that.

Everything here looks fine.

Points I agree with OP on:

1. Wahl's Etherion is the real deal FRA

2. Brandish's (incredibly casual) 6-A feat and her statement of "nation destroyer" implying she is comparable to Etherion although no one should scale to her 6-A abilities.

3. Acnologia's roar being > Etherion

Points I disagree with OP on:

1. Gray's statement (This was likely more hype than anything, which is why we should just scale instead to the 48.45 gigaton Acnologia roar calc we currently have as a secondary feat)

2. Wahl does not scale to Etherion (it was a clear trump card move that would've killed Laxus, who scales to Assault Mode Wahl's normal power, not to mention it's like how Zeref and Human Acno were ruled to not scale to Ars Magia (even though IMO they should)).

3. Honestly just the fact that Ars Magia's 14.4 petatons is an anti-feat.

It's done in the exact same manner as the Council's. There's far less going for assuming it's not the same than there is in favor of it
Ok? just because it’s done the same way doesn’t mean it’s as strong. Show to me where it’s says that’s it’s as strong as the councils other then “it’s as big so that means it’s as strong”

Geez, calm down.
Now I get it, I always read it as "a level recorded as high", not "high" being the record itself.
I now you couldn't know the next thing, but I'm quite tired and stressed recently, I made a mistake and you could make me notice it more nicely either way.

Anyway, Acno was already considered above Etherion because of several sources pointing out how it would have been useless agianst him or something, I don't quite remember.

Still, I keep my stance on scaling to Wall, since I don't see why others would scale above his one-off super strong attack.

Regarding Gray, it technically makes sense since he should have felt Acno's power, even tho we don't see him doing it nor making a real comparison.
There also isn't a reason why he shouldn't have felt Acno, since that's what they do, but at the same time I'm prone to think this might be a case of the author overlooking some detail and us making some stretch.
I’m sorry, I guess the usage of mate was pretty rude, didn’t mean it to come off like that

They literally go hand to hand. There’s not proof that it’s as strong as it is unless it’s stated somewhere
The weapon is Etherion.
What is the qualifications for the "Etherion"?
Can bust nations.

This weapon still scales.

Mitch when Human Acnologia could scale to Etherion, which would fit with scaling: Turns his head and pushes it away

Mitch when he has the chance to unleash some horrifying power creep via scaling all the Spriggans to Etherion: Allow me to introduce myself
Comments like these are only gonna cause arguments and don't contribute to the discussion at all, so could you please not?

Mitch when Human Acnologia could scale to Etherion, which would fit with scaling: Turns his head and pushes it away
This has no actual basis
Mitch when he has the chance to unleash some horrifying power creep via scaling all the Spriggans to Etherion: Allow me to introduce myself
This does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back