• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Spriggans Scaling to Etherion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Boruto’s rasengan = SPSM Naruto rasengan?
Those aren’t weapons. A more accurate example would be if Sasuke whips out his god tier Kusanagi, he loses it and then later Sarada says she is using a Kusanagi that looks identical to Sasuke’s. It makes no sense to assume the Kusanagi isn’t Sasuke’s one when there is only one of it to our knowledge. You are trying to say Natsu using FD roar is the same as Igneel using his FD roar which is just …… no.

The weapon is Etherion.
What is the qualifications for the "Etherion"?
Can bust nations.

This weapon still scales.
That's a sample size of "one". It's not a proof of a trend of Etherions having all Multi-Continental AP with every usage. An Etherion in the past being described as being able to take out a country with its blast radius doesn't mean that Wall's usage of it is the same.

This example is terrible. It compares a technique that depends on the power of its wielder to a weapon whose power is constant. Please stop using this as an example, because it's comparing apples to oranges here.

Where is it stated that the amount of power Wall puts into his Etherion is the same as the earlier Etherion?

Etherion is constantly said to be a country nuking weapon as that it’s big purpose. It has a set power to it. Wall saying he can fire off Etherion would make it the same power. The idea that its an entirely separate weapon that isn’t remotely as strong as the Council’s Etherion is supported by literally nothing. It’s basically just a head canon to say that Wall’s Etherion can’t be the same because… Reasons…

I mean the argument is that we don’t know they’re the same, but we are literally told they are both Etherion, are charged up the same, and even look the same

So like… They should be the same

That's a sample size of "one". It's not a proof of a trend of Etherions having all Multi-Continental AP with every usage. An Etherion in the past being described as being able to take out a country with its blast radius doesn't mean that Wall's usage of it is the same.
The definition of "Etherion" is a technique that can take out a nation.
It has a stated power level.

In it's description, it's stated that in general, it is a magic that can bust a nation.

Until Wall's Etherion is stated to be
A. A different Etherion
B. A different power level

We will use the same qualifications that Ishgar's Etherion falls under

Where is it stated that the amount of power Wall puts into his Etherion is the same as the earlier Etherion?
There is only one Etherion in the world of Fairy Tail, and that Etherion is defined as the weapon that can destroy a country in a single shot. There is no other iteration of Etherion besides this, and given the above proof, that Etherion is the same one being used by Wall. Etherion is a weapon, not a technique, meaning its power is set in stone.

The definition of "Etherion" is a technique that can take out a nation.

That doesn't seem to be the definition of it to me... They say that is within its capability but if this is supposed to be a shot of the actual Etherion being used then it obviously isn't firing with the radius that is used in the calcs for it.

This isn't AoE fallacy (not saying you'd say this, just putting it preemptively out there); this is just me trying to determine if the shots we've gotten of the Etherion being used are actually consistent with what we assume it to be.

That doesn't seem to be the definition of it to me... They say that is within its capability but if this is supposed to be a shot of the actual Etherion being used then it obviously isn't firing with the radius that is used in the calcs for it.

This isn't AoE fallacy (not saying you'd say this, just putting it preemptively out there); this is just me trying to determine if the shots we've gotten of the Etherion being used are actually consistent with what we assume it to be.
Yeah I’ve always questioned this as well.

1. Both charge up =\= they are equally charged
as one is charged by a lot of people and the other is not just wall
2. This doesn’t even scale to wall as it’s is a build up of his power overtime and definitely doesn’t scale to his normal attacks, so why are people trying to scale him to it?

Brandish did not increase gajeel AP just his size, his AP increase is as a result of his size Increase so that shouldn’t even be in the op in the first place and “nation destroyer” is a title not a rating
Also not sure how you guys describe Anti-feat but August dying to perform a 6A feat is a clear cut anti-feat

1. Both charge up =\= they are equally charged
as one is charged by a lot of people and the other is not just wall
The mages that charged it before are all fodder to Wall, it's that simple
2. This doesn’t even scale to wall as it’s is a build up of his power overtime and definitely doesn’t scale to his normal attacks, so why are people trying to scale him to it?
This is about as overtime as Goku charging a Kamehameha, this does not serve as an overtime feat unless you want to take any instance of someone taking a bit to charge an attack as an overtime feat.
Also not sure how you guys describe Anti-feat but August dying to perform a 6A feat is a clear cut anti-feat
I've already mentioned this, but Ars-Magia has completely different properties plus blood vaporization, plus you'd be leaning into AoE fallacy territories to assume this just means August can't output that level of power normally, because it's also just as possible that August simply doesn't have that kind of range without Ars-Magia.

Also, although etherion has stated to destroy a country multiple times, every time it’s shown on screen being fired from what we’ve seen, it’s never infact covering an entire country, Ik you can call this an AOE fallacy but that’s not where I’m getting at, it clearly states it can destroy an entire country in one shot, which makes me question the consistency and accuracy of the statement alone, as it is never even covering a country whenever it’s fired... different with feats in other shows, such as dragon ball where vegeta has shown to actually destroy a planet with a ki blast on screen, but not All the time he has, so the AOE fallacy would work on him, as he has shown to destroy an entire planet, while etherion has just stated it multiple times, it makes me question whether Or not it being able to destroy an entire country is consistent or not, since whenever it’s shown being fired it hasn’t. These are just my thoughts rn, if anyone can correct me feel free to do so

I get what you're trying to say, but this really does lean into the AoE Fallacy because you're denying the numerous statements of it being a country-wiping weapon simply because its area of effect in its hypothetical showings is more condensed.

It is absolutely a case of the AOE Fallacy... Every time Etherion is mentioned, it is stated to hold the power to destroy an entire country in one shot, but the whole point is they condense the area of effect of the blast so that they don't accidentially end up nuking everything... That's literally how Etherion works...

Like now we're just ignoring the 3 statements of country nuking that Etherion has?

Yeah we're not gonna use this thread as the "etherion downgrade thread".

Etherion isn't stated to have a varying powerlevel. It's stated that things are equal to it, implying that it has its own stagnant power level.

Etherion has a stagnant power level -> Wall's etherion has a power level = to the other one
Also, although etherion has stated to destroy a country multiple times, every time it’s shown on screen being fired from what we’ve seen, it’s never infact covering an entire country, Ik you can call this an AOE fallacy but that’s not where I’m getting at, it clearly states it can destroy an entire country in one shot, which makes me question the consistency and accuracy of the statement alone, as it is never even covering a country whenever it’s fired... different with feats in other shows, such as dragon ball where vegeta has shown to actually destroy a planet with a ki blast on screen, but not All the time he has, so the AOE fallacy would work on him, as he has shown to destroy an entire planet, while etherion has just stated it multiple times, it makes me question whether Or not it being able to destroy an entire country is consistent or not, since whenever it’s shown being fired it hasn’t. These are just my thoughts rn, if anyone can correct me feel free to do so
every time it’s shown on screen being fired from what we’ve seen, it’s never infact covering an entire country
It was fired once outside of Wall's, and it was absorbed before it could cover a country.

Yeah we're not gonna use this thread as the "etherion downgrade thread".

I'm just bringing up issues as I see them. Not trying to downgrade or upgrade here.

Etherion isn't stated to have a varying powerlevel. It's stated that things are equal to it, implying that it has its own stagnant power level.

Those links aren't working.

It was fired once outside of Wall's, and it was absorbed before it could cover a country.

We've seen visuals of it being fired though, haven't we?

It is absolutely a case of the AOE Fallacy... Every time Etherion is mentioned, it is stated to hold the power to destroy an entire country in one shot, but the whole point is they condense the area of effect of the blast so that they don't accidentially end up nuking everything... That's literally how Etherion works...

Like now we're just ignoring the 3 statements of country nuking that Etherion has?
Do you know where it is mentioned that the condense the area of effect? I haven't seen that.

The words from the people discussing firing it would seem to suggest otherwise.

Those links aren't working.
We've seen visuals of it being fired though, haven't we?
Visuals of it's beam size, not its blast radius. 2 different things

I think that some of the points in the OP should be crossed out at least because they do not support the consistency of this either way.

Some more that supports this is in 100YQ, Brandish is capable of making Gajeel huge enough to be 6-A with casual punches. Now I know a year passes between X792 and X793, but Brandish isn’t exactly the type of person who trains, so it’s likely that Brandish is capable of this in X792 as well. However I acknowledge that people in Fairy Tail are known to just get passively stronger over short periods of time, so I admit this isn’t as solid as I would like.

This isn't a Magic Power feat. It is depenedent on Gajeel's mass and wouldn't be scalable to the other Spriggans.

What really adds to this is that Brandish is known as the “Nation Destroyer” and she has the powers to make nations vanish. Now this isn’t extremely blatant, but nations in Fairy Tail are very big considering that even small countries like Fiore require 6-A power to be destroyed. So this adds to the idea that Spriggans would be on this level.

As Pain pointed out, this is just a title. It's not indicative of any particular rating.

I still have no idea why he would use such a powerful and massive attack to a crippling, and dying Laxus

I find it odd that the AOE fallacy should be considered for this case, since the one time it’s been fired it doesnt destroy a country, yet were putting multiple statements above it? The feat isn’t very consistent with the statements.

the whole defintion of an AOE fallacy should be reworked for statements,
compared to feats for a different thread IMO

I find it odd that the AOE fallacy should be considered for this case, since the one time it’s been fired it doesnt destroy a country, yet were putting multiple statements above it? The feat isn’t very consistent with the statements.

Arslan.

The Blast Radius can envelop a country.

The attack is fired once.

Before the Blast can even start to spread, it is absorbed.

What are you talking about.

I think that some of the points in the OP should be crossed out at least because they do not support the consistency of this either way.

This isn't a Magic Power feat. It is depenedent on Gajeel's mass and wouldn't be scalable to the other Spriggans.

As Pain pointed out, this is just a title. It's not indicative of any particular rating.
I actually do agree on this. While I think it adds a little extra support to saying "hey, this is where these guys should be now," I also think it's pretty faulty, especially the "Nation Destroyer" one.

Though I'm still in favor of this proposed scaling regardless of these two points.

When it was fired, it was absorbed by the Tower of Heaven. Completely different case.

So Wall was going to wipe out all of Fiore just to take out Laxus?
I mean August was as well, so frankly not surprised... Irene also terraformed all of Fiore just to move Zeref closer to Mavis

Also this is a huge AOE Fallacy

Etherion is a cannon that takes a bunch of magic and condenses it into a beam. When Goku fires a Kamehameha or when Kid used his Laser Beam, do we scale them to like Building level? No. We are directly told that Etherion holds the power to destroy an entire country literally every time it's brought up. Etherion being a country destroyer is not in debate or relevant to Wall here at all.

Also this is a huge AOE Fallacy
Etherion is a cannon that takes a bunch of magic and condenses it into a beam. When Goku fires a Kamehameha or when Kid used his Laser Beam, do we scale them to like Building level? No. We are directly told that Etherion holds the power to destroy an entire country several times.

But that seems like a contradiction. We're told that it is always the same power so it'll always produce a country-enveloping explosion, but you're saying it is condensed so actually there is no other excess damage done at all?

Where is it stated that the resulting explosion is condensed?

But that seems like a contradiction. We're told that it is always the same power so it'll always produce a country-enveloping explosion, but you're saying it is condensed so actually there is no other excess damage done at all?

this is a really
good point.

Come on Damage, what are you doing man? This is basic stuff... If we are flat out told what the attack will do and the only time we see the attack used on panel, it is absorbed and therefore can't actually explode, we don't need to theorize about what ifs. By condensed beam, I meant the actual beam we see as Etherion is firing down. All that magic power is condensed into a magic beam that would have created a massive explosion if it wasn't absorbed. It is very clear what will happen if Etherion is dropped, countries are destroyed. We don't need to theorize about what Etherion would do if it actually landed when it is flat out said what would happen. It's not some inconsistent statement or anything when the story says it 3 times at 3 different time periods in the story.

Etherion is a country destroying weapon, that is not in debate. Wall can use Etherion, so he would be a country destroyer.

Also here's the Council's Etherion
h52qKwZ.jpg

And here's Wall's Etherion
VJBC5ac.jpg

They are exactly the same

I swear, it's like you're going out of you're way to disagree. I mean we should all know by now that you don't need to actually destroy a country on panel to be country level...

@DemonGodMitchAubin; even if I accepted that (and I don't really have a major opposition to Etherion being that level, I was just seeing some inconsistent visuals), there's still other parts of the OP I've posted disagreements for that I haven't seen really be addressed yet.

Also that bit from the anime seems to be a major inconsistency from the manga. In the manga, Wall was very clearly going to fire the Etherion from the palm of his hand, not from a satellite position.

@DemonGodMitchAubin; even if I accepted that (and I don't really have a major opposition to Etherion being that level, I was just seeing some inconsistent visuals), there's still other parts of the OP I've posted disagreements for that I haven't seen really be addressed yet.

Also that bit from the anime seems to be a major inconsistency from the manga. In the manga, Wall was very clearly going to fire the Etherion from the palm of his hand, not from a satellite position.
Oh I can agree some stuff in the OP needs to be removed, I'll cross it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back