• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 15 (The one that will disappear into the void)

It splits then ups, conventional Regenerationn might not work but if it's the reconstructive Regenerationn then it wouldn't negate anything.

CNBA3 said:
reconstructive Regenerationn only works if one has the same power as Gildarts has

Not sure what this means tbh. But a person with Logia Regenerationn would reform and reconstruct their bodies, since it's not Regenerationn but rather they reform themselves into the prior state to which they attacked. People with sufficient Regenerationn would be fine as well, being able to reform from bits, vapor or the atoms to make a new body.

It probably also depends on the effect he uses, if he goes the August route where he reduces them to tiny cubey bits then regen or logia dispersion or whatever the hell buggy does would likely recover. But if he goes the Natsu route and splits them into tiny individual characters all who have only a minuscule part of the originals strength that's quite different

With Buggy that would probably work, but if the Logia gets attacked while in the elemental state than I think they should still be able to reform, since at that point it's just a mass of fire, smoke, or whatever. Although it would be pretty funny to see Buggy getting split into mini versions of himself.

Actually I wonder if that would enhance his weird ability which I'm not sure what to call. Deconstruction? No that's not it, do we even have what he does on the wiki? Also what if that's used on Brandish?

The wiki doesn't classify Buggy's ability, I'd think it's a very specific variation of body control.

On Brandish? Don't know, when he used it on Natsu it cut down Natsu's power, so either the tiny Brandish's just make an army of giant hot ladies or they don't have sufficient magic power to do that and aren't too big a threat

I do not think Logia powers works the same way as Gildart's powers do as it is more power negation than anything else. Disassembly makes them into tiny little people having their powers drastically decreased or negated. so there is no real damage being done for their logia abilities to work, otherwise Juvia would be stronger than Gildarts.

Oh we don't actually equalize Devil Fruits to Magic so Gildarts wouldn't be able to null like he could with Natsu's magic power. I was actually apart of the thread where we came up with that but it's been 2 years since I've been banned. Has that changed?

We still don't equalise DF and magic.

As for nulling magic, really doesn't change the conversation too much. Assuming he breaks down say Luffy, all the tiny things now have a good portion of their physical power split as well (a direct consequence of being a hundredth of ur original size) so for the most part the effect remains the same

@Davidsteel1

I think the normal Fairy Tail World in itself is ideal to live in, if you join the Fairy Tail guild, you have a place to live for life, even if you don't work, look at Nab, he never once went on a job and he still lived a happy life, plus everyone becomes your friend, you always beat the bad guys, and there's attractive people everywhere... that's the perfect world to me

CNBA3 said:
why isn't that equalized? I do not really see the difference?

Magic doesn't exist in One Piece, Devil Fruits empower the user via The Lineage Factor which is a DNA which is exclusive to the One Piece verse. So it's more a scientific thing as opposed to Magic.

@Mitch

Didn't say living in FT wouldn't be ideal. Just said living in a world filled with giant Brandish's isn't a bad world to live in either... unless they're trying to eat me. Then it goes from noice to horrific pretty quick

Actually in recent chapters, Wano does refer to DF as magic from their experience iirc. Magic in FT is genetic as well and has scientific references, even affecting the bodies of individuals, that does not explain how DF for a bazooka has DNA as well.

Davidsteel1 said:
We still don't equalise DF and magic.
As for nulling magic, really doesn't change the conversation too much. Assuming he breaks down say Luffy, all the tiny things now have a good portion of their physical power split as well (a direct consequence of being a hundredth of ur original size) so for the most part the effect remains the same
his physical power gets decreased too.

In Wano it's thought to be Sorcery, which the series makes it very clear that it isn't. And in One Piece inanimate objects are able to consume Devil Fruits, I can't really say how aside from manga logic.

Since we're on this topic why doesn't FT magic equalize with haki, their core aspects seem super similar, such as all living things possessing it, or it can only be unlocked with intense emotions or training.

Inanimate objects do not have DNA though, that is a fact and defies everything about biological science, while magic is part of life and nature.

CNBA3 said:
Inanimate objects do not have DNA though, that is a fact and defies everything about biological science, while magic is part of life and nature.

Are you seriously gonna question the scientific legitimacy of a manga that's meant to be whacky and physics defying? It's a work of fiction, it doesn't need to make sense. You trying to say Devil Fruits are magical is a headcanon whenever the top minds of the series say it's DNA based including Oda himself.

@Zak

It's been awhile but from what i recall is because of how much Haki as a whole differs from other Chi groups such as Chakra, Reitasu and all that jazz along with the fact that Haki has yet to be explained in detail so equalizing it would be quite the assumption as of now.

LordGinSama said:
CNBA3 said:
Are you seriously gonna question the scientific legitimacy of a manga that's meant to be whacky and physics defying? It's a work of fiction, it doesn't need to make sense. You trying to say Devil Fruits are magical is a headcanon whenever the top minds of the series say it's DNA based including Oda himself.

@Zak

It's been awhile but from what i recall is because of how much Haki as a whole differs from other Chi groups such as Chakra, Reitasu and all that jazz along with the fact that Haki has yet to be explained in detail so equalizing it would be quite the assumption as of now.
if it's wakey and physics defining then that is by all acounts is magic since it defies science. because if you can't explain something logically then you lose all sense of rationality to be considered scientific or natural. It works for living beings which means it retcons any previous notions on how Devil Fruit usage works.

Devil Fruits aren't magic, that is quite literally your own headcanon dude. It doesn't work like that, Devil Fruits are explained to be physical and DNA based, not magical and it's stated several times by WoG and the smartest people in the series.

I don't care if they are or aren't, that doesn't make them any more legit scientific or different from any other powers in many series. even Magic in FT are physical and DNA based

even going by names, it doesn't matter since they work the same way (while the former has less qualities than "Magic" does)

To be fair, isn't the true nature and origin of the Devil Fruit still unknown at this moment? It could be revealed as something completely different from what we thought

Vegapunk concluded that it's directly tied to Bloodline Elements which is altered upon consuming a Devil Fruit. CNBA, what you think is irrelevant when faced with actual statements and one of them being from the creator himself. Devil Fruits are not Magic, period. But if that's what you truly think feel free to debate the OP fanbase here.

@Mitch We know most of what it is based off of several statements and such, but we have yet to see the full extent of Vegapunk's research. Point being that Devil Fruits function very differently than Magic in FT does, Magic doesn't even exist in OP.

So you are saying that Devil Fruits have blood? sorry but no, that is now how this works, at times, Oda has no idea whay he is talking about. Devil Fruits are no different from any other powers in most verses, Devil Fruits works in a lesser extent to Magic in FT does

You've been taking quite literally everything out of context. Devil Fruit effect the bloodline element ( effect, not have. Read it next time.) Devil Fruits work by altering the bloodline elements and mutates them after consumption and that's where the powers come from. It's similar to how quirks work in MHA, or better how Spidey gets his powers, the altering of DNA. Nothing more, nothing less. And good job saying that the literal author himself doesn't know what he's talking about regarding his own series. That's like me saying Hiro has no clue what he's talking about when it comes to powers and abilities in FT or Rave.

I don't take things as literally when it comes to context of actually using real world standard to crossover with other verses. still does not effect inanimate objects since they do not have bloodline elements as they are not living beings. With Magic, Hiro makes it basically all of life, natural, etcs. so there is nothing really that complicated. and again, no different from Quirks or DF for Magic

I'll always find a way to complain about SAO

Yeah, this discussion should be in the One Piece Thread

Just gonna bump this Questionaire

What are some of your favorite Volume Covers?

Back