• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 14

Lisanna is lowkey way stronger than she deserves to be, she helps defeat a Spriggan, that's like way higher than anything most of the irrelevant characters have ever done

Okay so I've been sitting on this Idea for a bit now. My idea for this would be to have Lisanna "die" as in canon. But she isn't even show gonna show up in the Edolas arc, instead it's her Edolas counterpart. Things go as per normal in the Arc, maybe have Natsu get some closure with Edolas Lisanna. And this will stay the same up until the Tartaros arc. Where Lisanna shows up to fight Fairy tail as a demon.

But let's back track a bit. How would Lisanna end up with Tartaros? The way I would do it, would be for Tartaros to have a sort of demon finder as they would still be getting their plan in the works and gathering strength. So the best thing to do would be to bring Demons to them. With this they would sense Mira's demon cells and try to take her but because of a miscalculation, they take Lisanna instead. While it isn't what they wanted, they still use her as a test subject for the demonification that Minerva went through. It is surprisingly successful but there's a problem while her body is now demonic her mind is not and they have to keep her locked up until she straightens out. This is where we get to to major turning point for her character, days pass but she believes that Fairy tail will save her. She holds out for years based on this belief until she realizes that no one is coming to save her and she breaks. Leading her to despise he former guildmates and embracing her new allies. Fairy tail failed Lisanna.

I feel this would lead to a very interesting addition to the arc's already emotional overtones. But adding the failure of the guilds most prominent trait on top of that would develop everyone in this arc. Now I could carry on and go any which way with this I felt like but that would be to long of a post, so I'll end it here.

Is it really though? Zeref literally tried to kill himself for over 400 years straight, that seems alot darker than this to me.

I feel like Fairy Tail could never do that to a guild member storywise though, I just can't see it happen

Hiro even stated that Tartaros was too dark for him and that the future story arcs are going to be based on hope

that's why something like this would have to take place in the Tartaros arc, it's sad overtone would be to much for any other arc to handle.

Tartaros wasn't really that dark, I guess by comparison it was with Silver, Aquarius, and Igneel, but in general it wasn't that grim

I'm probably still one of the few people who has the Alvarez Arc as one of my favorites, the artwork and characters really made me like it, I even liked the story a lot, yeah there were definitely questionable moments, but I still loved it as a whole

I really liked the Spriggan 12

Oh no, Alvarez is tied for 2nd favorite with Tartaros for me, only being beaten by the Grand Magic Games

Yeah GMG and Tartaros were both awesome to me as well, the first few arcs aren't as memorable to me tho, Galuna Island and Phantom Lord were ok, they were good standard arcs for the time, but they feel lackluster in comparison to the later stuff which does make sense, Oracion Seis, Tower of Heaven, and Tenrou Island were the best of the X784 Time Period imo

Edolas was... kinda slow and boring to be honest, Mystogan didn't get nearly enough to do and it was supposed to be his arc

Alvarez is actually quite better when you're not reading it weakly. And I agree it isn't the worst arc, I can think at least 5 arcs that are worse just off the top of my head.

^Cough Cough Avatar Arc...

The whole thing was basically a "Let's let our characters flex how strong they got arc"

But at least it's short and got to the point... unlike One Piece's very slow and boring Fishmen Island Arc

The only good part of the Avatar Arc was watching Natsu just stomp literally everyone he came across, but besides that, the whole arc is just so boring, the whole Gray Frosch thing made no sense and never fully got explained and the we have to rebuild the guild was also pretty lame

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I'm probably still one of the few people who has the Alvarez Arc as one of my favorites, the artwork and characters really made me like it, I even liked the story a lot, yeah there were definitely questionable moments, but I still loved it as a whole
I really liked the Spriggan 12
I agree that Alvarez is one of my favorites too, and as long as the arc is intuned to Hiro's vision, then I can respect him all the more for it.

A lot of people's main hate for the Alvarez Arc came from the Erza vs the Meteor thing and Natsu defeating Zeref as he did, for the Erza thing, I never really had an issue with it, I mean plenty of characters in anime have done sh*t like that, being told that you can't stop an attack on to prove them wrong, like with Kenpachi and the Meteor as well as Zoro and absorbing Luffy's Pain, I mean it's definitely questionable scaling wise, but in general I thought it was a really cool scene, as for Natsu defeating Zeref, everyone thought it was Base Natsu who defeated Zeref, people were like, Dragon Force didn't do anything, but Base Natsu wins, this makes no sense, which is an understanding mistake, I mean in physical appearance his body didn't change much, but that's always been the case for most of his forms, the thing is he was clearly using a different power from his base, first of all, he was hurting and matching Fairy Heart Zeref, which Dragon Force couldn't do, his guild mark glowed, and Zeref said that his power felt different from before, so yeah, he wasn't in Base at all, I feel like that could have easily been fixed if Hiro just made Savage Dragon Fire Form be an extension of Dragon Force and gave him the scales to show it was indeed a far stronger power, but that's just the way it is with Natsu, I mean his FDKM and Hellfire Forms look exactly the same as his Base Form as well, but they're still way stronger, so in conclusion I actually do really like the Natsu vs Zeref fight and even how it concluded, It has a lot of flaws and is by no means the best fight in the series, but the artwork is some of Hiro's Best and I just like seeing Natsu be OP and get stronger

Wow, that's a lot of text, just really had to say my piece

Man, I like Jellal and I think he's a really good character, but whenever I see him and Erza having cute moments and trying to be a couple, I just keep remember the scene where Jellal kills and then laughs at Simon, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Like it's not that I dislike them together, it just really gives me a "bruh, this guy killed one of your oldest friends who truly loved you" moment and I just can't forget that

Like no other pairing has that issue at all, except maybe Zeref and Mavis, but they address this and make it obvious that it's a big deal, Jellal straight up murked a character that Erza loved and cared about and she's still into him, like that's the only flaw in the pairing to me, I really want to like them together, but that thing always lingers in my mind when I think about them

I think that's because pretty much right after Simon dies, Jellal goes into a coma, gets revived with memory loss (which Erza was pissed about that he didn't even remember the ****** up shit he had done) during Nirvana so Erza has to shelve her anger (and hatred?) at him for the time being. When the Rune Knights come to arrest OS and him, she steps in because the Jellal who fought alongside them isn't the same one that killed her friend and became a supervillain. Cue timeskip where they meet again and he remembers everything but it's still that same Jellal who got healed by Wendy and not Siegrain Jellal.

It's not hard to understand why she can accept him if you differentiate the two Jellals.

I can't believe you are making me defend Post Tower Jellal. I don't even like the character ovo

I can kinda understand eventually forgiving Jellal and becoming allies to friends, but straight up falling in love with him... I don't know man, that still bothers me, not to an insane degree, but on the same level as Naruto calling Obito an "Awesome Guy"

I like his character and think he had a lot of potential, but the fact Erza never had that kind've anger and hatred for him like Millianna and Kagura did is just baffling to me, I mean she was there and saw how he acted after killing Simon

Almost every other villain failed to kill someone close to the main characters and still got worse treatment, but Jellal did actually kill someone and got off a little too easy IMO

It's really not a big deal and not even really a negative, but it's the main reason I'm completely indifferent to Erza and Jellal as a pairing

Eh, the "Obito is an awesome guy" is way worse imo but to each their own.

I guess I just don't care for the "was a villain and is trying to redeem themselves" trope. I would have preferred if Erza had that hatred tbh but I think knowing about Ultear mindhaxing him helps in regards to not laying the blame on him. If Hiro did something like making it so that remembering his memories brought back the evil Jellal but he was still influenced by his (now brief) time in Crime Sorciere as a good guy who wanted to make up for mistakes he didn't even remember (kinda sounds like something kid Jellal would do). Thing is that now he knows the R System was a complete waste of time so his whole reason for doing the ****** shit doesn't exist so going back to evil is pointless but he can't just be a good guy because of the choices he made (because I refuse to believe Ultear had him mindhaxed for that whole time) so him wanting to redeem himself means more than just "I got saddled with this bad rep so Imma just go try make up for it". Even if the end result puts him back at CS to help out FT in the GMG, the way he got there is much better. Plus this way I still get a (less) cocky Jellal playing chess with everyone rather than some emo. This also means Erza will stay pissed and any moments between them is actually earned rather than "he ain't the psycho who murdered my friend so it's all g"

Erza also won't be espousing the innocence of the most wanted man on the continent and it would be a more reluctant relationship where FT is forced to accept their help which is only to help CS' goal of investigating Zeref. This would be far better than how Gajeel was handled (don't get me wrong, I love my boy but Makky just letting him in after what he did is even dumber than Erza and Jellal) as they don't just become friends immediately and it would be a gradual thing caused by CS and/or FT making use of each other in situations like Tartaros, investigating Avatar or recon on the invading Alvarez.

Now seeing as someone mentioned Mystogan doing jack all in his own arc. Any ideas on how we make him relevant in that one?

I would have made Mystogan better just by giving him more screen time and some fights, I think his only real fight in the entire series was his fight against Laxus, and that lasted like a minute, in the Edolas arc, he should have been with Team Natsu from the very beginning and showing them the world of Edolas over Edo Lucy and then he could be the only useful team member in the beginning as he would be the only one who could use magic, also I would have had the fight against Faust be Mystogan and Natsu teaming up against him, Dorma Anim could have just been a big robot mech and not a dragon mech, getting rid of the necessity to have the Dragon Slayers team up, having Mystogan be the one to defeat Faust would also work well with the fact that Natsu wouldn't have to pretend to be evil to have the people get on Mystogan's side because he would have already gained it by defeating Faust, but sadly that didn't happen

It's Mystogan's sheer lack of screen time that makes him so forgettable

Damn, just realized Laxus vs Mystogan might be the closest we ever get to Laxus vs Jellal

Never noticed it before, but it seems like Natsu did indeed blow away the storm clouds with his FDK Fist against Ikusatsunagi, as seen on this panel (the part where the fodders are reacting).

Always kind of missed that, and given that the anime just made the clouds dissapear, I legitimately believed that to be the case.

Well it appears the clouds blew away omnidirectionally, so it would only be High 7-A+, a solid supporting feat, but not an upgrade

Mitch calculated that feat actually.

If it wasn't omnidirectionally, things would suddenly be way different

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I can kinda understand eventually forgiving Jellal and becoming allies to friends, but straight up falling in love with him... I don't know man, that still bothers me, not to an insane degree, but on the same level as Naruto calling Obito an "Awesome Guy"
Levyie

Back