• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 14

^Yeah but Gajeel didn't kill anyone

And Gajeel had to work hard to gain forgiveness and love, and he always regretted this stuff later, as for Jellal, Erza was crying and was happy at the thought he was alive when she saw Mystogan, this is right after the arc where he was evil as hell

Jellal has commited far worse crimes

Except Jellal was possessed by Ultear, while Gajeel did what he did simply because he felt like it

I feel like you guys are missing the point of Jellal's arc with Erza. Erza wasn't crying tears of joy, nor were they tears of anger. This exact scene plays out in next arc, where she absolutely berates Jellal for trying to take the easy way out with tears in her eyes, and at the end of the arc when Jellal gets arrested and he remembers Erza's last name. This was big for Erza because she realized that the image of the boy that gave her last name was still alive, albeit only in the shattered form that Jellal was in at the time.

You have to remember the mad man that we were introduced to wasn't the person Erza knew him as. Young Jellal has always been the "true" Jellal to Erza whether it being an active thought or a subconscious one. This is shown though Erza's conflicting reactions or when Erza doesn't know how she should respond to him once she meets him again.

So from our POV we should still hate him for what he did as that's the Jellal we knew, but from Erza's POV she sees Jellal as a broken man who was once someone who named her and was a shining beacon of hope in a time where there was none. So for her she had two choices, she could have easily disposed of him for his wrong doings and get her revenge and no one would really bat an eye at it, or she could try to repair the little bond she had left of him in hopes of rekindling a bit of that light she once saw in him. And given Erza's character isn't some anger filled edge lord bent on revenge, she went with option number 2.

However saying that Erza shouldn't be with Jellal at least this early on in the story makes complete sense...

From our POV that is. But from Erza's POV, Jellal was a kindhearted individual that was broken and brought to the point of insanity by powers far beyond him at the time, while that doesn't given him a pass on his actions it does shed a bigger light for Erza to cling onto. So yeah Erza's reactions don't make any sense to the Viewer, but that's because they aren't supposed to at first. And once again I'll give some super props to Mashima for his rather cleaver writing tactics as not alot of people pick up on it their first run through the story, I certainly didn't, but that's why I love Fairy tail as it diverts most expectations and gives off super simplistic writing but that's just the surface level of the series. Once you really go into the meat and potatoes of the characters and story you find things that you didn't see the first or maybe second run through.

I guess that makes sense, I'm just not that big a fan of Erza and Jellal being together, they're just kinda meh to me and that scene with Simon always sticks in my head, even if Jellal was being possessed at the time, in general I'm mostly indifferent to them as a couple, but as individuals I like them a lot

So Zeref Seed did have to disappear before Aldoron would have been killed or fatally wounded, Although, I am not sure what those seed guys are capable of doing

the tree mans that appear before gray team and laxus,jellal are god seeds and both of them have a name

Jellal and Laxus Team Up? hopefully?

Also Natsu vs I guess the strongest God Seed? Or is that Aldoron Himself

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Jellal and Laxus Team Up? hopefully?
sounds like Jellal wants LAxus to take Erza and run

Looks like Natsu's fighting the King of the God Seeds, he has a crown and everything, as for Jellal, it looks like Seed has an interesting design

I wonder if they'll fight Aldoron himself by the end of the arc or if it'll be a battle against the God Seeds only, maybe Aldoron will shrink himself or all of the God Seeds will merge to fight them all, anyways I hyped to see how the battles turn out however Mira's and Elfman's fights got off-screened so I would not be surprised if Jellal's did as well

Apparently some fan tls...say the last one is God Seed Aldoron. Who says, Natsu's the biggest threat.

Also these God Seeds look badass asf. Especially the one that Jellal will be fighting. Apparently called Gears & is a tactician

Yeah, every single one of these God Seeds has a hella unique design, Ueda really outdid himself, also Aldoron considering Natsu the greatest threat, that's nice

I mean, we all know Natsu is currenty the strongest human in the world to our knowledge, but it's just nice to hear and have confirmed a lot

Or Aldoron is referring to Natsu hurting him via Zeref (which would make him a problem), or he's referring to Natsu having an elemental advantage, or he's referring to Natsu's potential to weild DG levels of power. Let's not jump the gun with the whole "Natsu is god" nonsense b4 we actually have context.

Natsu face God Seed Aldron. His real body (Hontai), brains of Aldron and leader of God Seed's. He has a power of whole Aldron size.

Has the power of all of Aldoron size? So I'm guessing he's just as strong as the body just compact into that God Seed?

@Davidsteel1

Bruh... Natsu IS God, have you not been attention to how strong he is...

I mean he is in fact the strongest human at this point according to our knowledge

Well Natsu, after confirmed that this is Aldron real body said something like "I could deal with something of this size", but Aldron said that he is mistaken and he has power of whole Aldron size and he cannot even touch him.

That's actually very good, let's hope we get a Luffy vs Katakuri situation, where Natsu has to train by fighting Aldoron, I really want to see Natsu get a "At least 6-B, likely 6-A" key with his own power

Natsu's is extraordinarily powerful, but on his own with his normal powers he hasn't done anything that'd make him more impressive than August. His best forms either damage his body, aren't achieved by his own power, are difficult to achieve even under his own power, or all of the above.

Abilities wise, he has good defensive hax but almost no reliable offensive hax, his utility is stunted and his versatility is average at best. I like Natsu a whole lot, but let's be realistic there are tons of characters who have better ability spreads and superior hax that he realistically can't circumvent. What he has going for him is raw power.

"But on his own with his normal powers he hasn't done anything that'd make him more impressive than August"

That's just not true at all... he Overpowered Fairy Heart Zeref and negged his power and damaged his soul, and he also tanked attacks from Acnologia, which shocked Acnologia, not to mention he has constantly beaten pretty much any hax he has encountered by just being resistant to it or powernulling it, yeah if we only consider Base Natsu and FDKM Natsu, he fits underneath the description you gave to him, but his own full power has far exceeded pretty much everyone, even if some of these forms are difficult to achieve, he can still whip them out in situations he needs them in, I mean he had no need to even pull out Dragon Force until he fought Zeref because he could beat every single opponent before with just FDKM, he just hadn't needed to use Dragon Force yet, so to say he couldn't use it at will is baseless

Fact is, Natsu is already one of the strongest characters with just FDKM, with DF and SDFF, he's just in a whole other ballpark, if Natsu is ever in a serious fight, he'll whip these transformations out if he needs to

I am being realistic though. Ever since Avatar, it's been constantly established that Natsu is among the strongest humans in the world, and likely the strongest now that the other strongest ones like August and Zeref are dead.

And out of every human that's currently alive in 100YQ, Natsu's the only one with the potential to use a High 6-C level of power on his own merit. Granted, he hasn't used Dragon Force in 100YQ outside of the one boosted by Ignia's fire, but it's something he is more than capable of doing without any outside circumstances.

^Technically, Erza still has the power to become High 6-C, but Natsu's the only one who can bring out High 6-C+

That's why I said without any outside circumstances. Given how Erza gets her Enhanced by Emotions powerup, either that and Natsu's SDFF are both fair game or they're both not.

I'd say both are fair game, SDFF is Natsu's Full Power when is emotonally maxed out

Huh FT god tiers are around the same level I remember. I feel like a boomer because the stats of my favorite verses changed dramatically.

Btw Hiro isn't doing the art for this right? It isn't as clean and smooth as his normal work.

@LordGinSama

Hiro helps draw the storyboards, Ueda finishes from there, yeah it's not as clean as the original series, but I'd still say the artwork is really good

"His best forms damage him" did I literally not say that? In order to beat Zeref he had to sacrifice an arm, does that not qualify as damaging himself?

"Tanked hits from Acnolgoia" dubious at best, a plot hole at worst, a logical assumption would be that Wendy had already begun enchanting him at this point but in actuality we don't know how he survived. He says nothing that explicitly tips us off that he's using whatever power he did when he fought Zeref so y are we making this assumption? Especially when up to this moment Acno had been treating him like a chew toy.

And frankly this assumption that "he'll whip out DF when he's in a pinch" confuses me. So far he's only ever shown to enter DF when he's pushed to a wall and is under extraordinary high stress, never has he done it casually, he was literally about to be killed by Merc but he didn't pull it out, it clearly isn't something he can call on easily. U guys were the one who started this "he can use DF whenever but he chooses not to" I've literally never seen it anywhere else.

And literally none of this invalidates my point that ability wise, Natsu is a hammer. He hits things and they die, he doesn't have any reliable offensive hax, and that's y whenever he's put up against even a halfway decently haxxed character on here he almost always loses.

His art has been improving & it's definitely good on large panels

Like FDK Purgatory, Aldoron Roar & The Aldoron God Seed

Natsu burning his arm wasn't so he could overpower Zeref, it was to outright damage Zeref's soul, because otherwise Zeref would've instantly regenerated no matter what Natsu did.

No currently alive human can come close to matching that level of power. Everyone else is 6-C

Natsu never actually damaged Zeref's soul, that was a mistranslation all he did was damage his own soul. All Natsu did to Zeref was Power Null Fairy Heart.

Which is way more impressive tbh.

DragonGamerZ913 said:
Natsu burning his arm wasn't so he could overpower Zeref, it was to outright damage Zeref's soul, because otherwise Zeref would've instantly regenerated no matter what Natsu did.
Entirely assumption, all we know about this form is; it's Nastu's peak under his own power, when he activated this form he had all of one true clash with Zeref and during that clash he burnt his own arm to win and then surprise surprise the form disappears only to return when we need to explain when Natsu does what he logically shouldn't be able to. That's the sum of our knowledge of this form, trying to discern how it works without more information and appearances would literally just be us making assumptions

I said this above, but I am kinda wanting the othaer characters to reach a level to where they are useful outside of just taking out minions of the Big Boss. Like, let Top Tiers actually like be able damage or somewhat keep up with God Tiers to a certain extent.

It just bugs me when we have a team of characters and one member is just so far above the others. I don't really like that tbh...

It's not an assumption. As Natsu's burning his arm, Zeref says in his mind "He set his soul on fire for this" or something along those lines

@Davidsteel1

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say, first of all, I never said Natsu didn't damage himself, that is undeniably true and a consequence of him going over his limit, my point was that Natsu is still the strongest human with his own power in the Fairy Tail verse, he has shown to pull out Dragon Force on his own on 2 separate occasions, and he did defeat Zeref with his own power, in his fight against Acnologia, he was the only Dragon Slayer that could take direct magic attacks from Acnologia and not get blown back, he is shown doing this with his own power on 2 separate occasions before Wendy started to enchant the other dragon slayer's power onto Natsu, this was clearly a Natsu who at his full power via emotions, that means his own power is above pretty much above everyone, every hax he has encountered in the Fairy Tail world, he has overcome via powernull or resistance, Natsu has the ability to constantly get stronger as his emotions fluctuate, if I take every human character in the verse at their full power while only using their own power, Natsu is the strongest, that's just the truth

My point stands that Natsu is the strongest Human at his full power and I'm confident he pretty much one-shots anyone below August level, I also wasn't not calling him a hammer, If I compared him to other characters on this site, he is very low on the hax scale, I'm just saying within the Fairy Tail verse, hax has always been stopped by Natsu, so when compared to everyone in his own verse, he comes out on top

DragonGamerZ913 said:
It's not an assumption. As Natsu's burning his arm, Zeref says in his mind "He set his soul on fire for this" or something along those lines
And if we pair this with what Zakra says above about damaging Zeref's soul never actually happening, what does this tell us?

It tells us Natsu never damaged Zeref's soul and instead burnt his own soul to gain sufficient power to over power Zeref, so not disproving my initial point and essentially reinforcing my statement that this form damages Natsu.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I said this above, but I am kinda wanting the otger characters to reach a level to where they are useful outside of just taking out minions of the Big Boss. Like, let Top Tiers actually like be able damage or somewhat keep up with God Tiers to a certain extent.
This. But it seems most of us want Natsu to become god and completely invalidate one of FT's central themes

Back