• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerd1435 said:
Zackra1799 said:
Also Natsu is outpacing Zeref's attack so shouldn't we scale the 100 year quest characters to Sub Rel+?
The copy isn't necessarily as strong and fast as the original
headcanon. nothing shows otherwise. nothing states otherwise.

I think the copies have the same strength and and speed as the originals, otherwise God Seed Happy wouldn't have been fodder, it is based on people's memories, so those who actually know the strength of the person would probably visualize the same sort of strength and speed

Natsu knows Zeref's Speed

Maybe, let's just wait till the translations are out first, however it's very likely that it could happen

i think we should do nothing at the moment. as far as we can tell, they are all the same in everyway (which is ******* impresive that aldoron has seeds that can effotlessly morth into a zeref caliber foe, zeref himself), but anything can happen in the future.

I mean, if this clone of Zeref is duplicating Zeref while he has no proper control of his curse then I can argue that it isn't necessarily Zeref at his best and in consequence his attacks aren't necessarily Sub rel+

Davidsteel1 said:
I mean, if this clone of Zeref is duplicating Zeref while he has no proper control of his curse then I can argue that it isn't necessarily Zeref at his best and in consequence his attacks aren't necessarily Sub rel+
thats not how his death wave works. and zeref doesnt have control of his death magic when he cares for life.

Then please tell me the exact mechanics behind the death wave as explained to us by the series.

Or don't, cuz all we know for certain is that while Zeref cares for life he will steal it indiscriminately but without proper control. Let's not pretend the wave hasn't been dodged in the past; by a much weaker Natsu. Zeref while he cares for life is inconsistent and unusable for scaling because of how the curse works independently from his will.

Davidsteel1 said:
Then please tell me the exact mechanics behind the death wave as explained to us by the series.
simple, if zeref cares for life, his curse kicks in and takes the life of anything in the waves way. its simple really.

U didn't point out that Zeref doesn't control the wave, u also didn't point out it comes and goes as it pleases, nor is there anything that says it will always move at Zeref's max speed.

What you've said is what I already pointed out in the second paragraph of the post u quoted, and doesn't invalidate my point that we can't use it for scaling based on how finicky and temperamental a power it is.

Davidsteel1 said:
U didn't point out that Zeref doesn't control the wave, u also didn't point out it comes and goes as it pleases, nor is there anything that says it will always move at Zeref's max speed.
"if zeref cares for life, his curse kicks in and takes the life of anything in the waves way"

yes, yes i did point it out. you argument is irrelevant to the actual point.

No u stated the prerequisite for the ability to activate and the effect of the ability, but u didn't point out that Zeref while he cares for life is helpless to stop or control it. Also u didn't point out that it doesn't happen every time he cares for life, it doesn't happen while he engages Ultear for instance, or when he shows concern over Juvia right after he's murdered Zancrow.

And my argument is completely relevant to the actual point because the actual point I'm trying to make is that Zeref has no control over it (while he cares for life), and these things I'm pointing out are my supporting evidence. If he has no control over the curse and it acts as it likes y should we assume that it's moving at Zeref's max speed?

Well there is Natsu, Elfman and Ever back at Tenrou who managed to react and the later two outran the wave

@David

Natsu has only seen Zeref at two levels, his "suppressed" form that got bodied by Tenrou Ultear and full power Zeref. Considering current Happy would be far stronger than Tenrou Ultear, it really wouldn't make much sense for this Zeref to be his Tenrou counter part.

To think F*ing Happy could probably body a form of Zeref is really weird btw

Also why don't we have a key for Tenrou Zeref?

@Zackra But a "suppressed" lacking in proper control Zeref would be exactly what he needs. Getting a focused blood lusted Zeref who is less likely to cause collateral damage isn't to his benefit, getting an unstable Zeref with poor control of his death magic (magic that completely bypasses durability) who is far more likely to harm Aldoron on accident is far more to his advantage.

Lets just wait for the Translations and if Wolfen is impressed at Zeref's MP than we will have our answer if 100 year quest characters scale or not.

Wolfen being impressed or not about Zeref's MP won't prove or disprove anything. The difference between "suppressed" Zeref and blood lusted Zeref isn't a matter of power he never grows any more powerful till he gets FH, it's a matter of his mental condition; if he cares about life he loses proper control over his magic meaning he can't fight properly, if he doesn't care he gains complete control and then the ppl who can beat him can almost all be counted on one hand.

Natsu forgiving Zeref is Naruto calling Obito the coolest guy ever tier. Both are absolutely atrocious

He said he's sorry for using him like that, that's not forgiveness lmao. And forgiving someone is different from saying they're a good person too lol.

Yes forgiving the man who brought u back to life, gave u your adoptive father, had a hand in creating ur guild (which is like ur adoptive family) and not to mention he is your actual elder brother is exactly the same as Naruto calling some fellow he hardly knew "the coolest guy ever" because they shared the same dream one time.

Not a false equivalency at all

Ah Gou said:
Natsu forgiving Zeref is Naruto calling Obito the coolest guy ever tier. Both are absolutely atrocious
Absolutely not... Obito did all of his atrocities on purpose all because Rin died, Zeref never wanted to be cursed and every life he took was unintentional and he couldn't be around people or he'd kill them, he suffered loneliness for 400 Years, also don't forget that the curse also makes him have contradictory thoughts, meaning that he basically has Schizophrenia and Multi-Personality Disorder, and only then does he lose all hope and become a villain, and even after all that, he didn't even kill anyone like Obito did

Zeref's a tragic victim of circumstance, Obito is just an awful person...

The difference between them is that one actually did damage and the other planned on doing it but failed. Zeref still had an army relesed to kill Natsu's friends and would have succeeded if not for FT's fake deaths. "Had a hand in creating his guild...." lol please, Natsu never once saw Zeref as that, nor as an older brother until this sequel.

@Ah Gou

He literally acknowledges Zeref as his brother in their fight and starts calling him "Big Brother" for the rest of the series, his goodbye to him after he wins is even somber, also Natsu has already forgiven and become friends with Gajeel, Jellal, Laxus and The Oracion Seis, all people who tried to kill and hurt his friends in the past

So forgiving Zeref is no different, plus Zeref didn't want to hurt anyone unlike all the people I mentioned above

In fact, Natsu's so forgiving, the story implies he even somewhat wants Acnologia to be happy

Sounds like Ah Gou didn't actually read the manga if he thinks Natsu never once called Zeref his "Big Brother"

maybe he just forgot i forget alot too

edit: because i read mangas in one go i don't like to wait except for a few like eden zero sentouin hakenshimasu and

Saihate no Paladin

I do have stuff to make another one regarding the Alvarez fodder scaling but I was gonna wait unless you guys want me to make it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back