• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the U1 was destroyed and recreated when it was compressed, and compression would be a value of destruction for pulverization since we saw tiny specks or rubble appearing during the change.

Zackra1799 said:
I mean Natsu's reaction is justified because he got hit with his literal greatest weakness from literally out of nowhere.
But once again, the only evidence we have for this is a vague statement from Totomaru which he didn't even follow through on so we can only take his word on it which, as mentioned, isn't reliable at all given he knows nothing about DSM.

I'm also tired so I'm dropping this because it's pretty pointless as is.
But again, it is not about it being DSM, it is about it being magic and how it requires concentration, his reaction is from the attack that would have hurt him in his current state, he does not make that reaction before as he would just feel sick, if it would do nothing he would just not bother at all.

Should Wolfen get it's own profile? Or should it be slotted as another key into Aldoron's profile, since it seems to be some kind of antibody?

The Calaca said:
False equivalency. Those examples aren't comparable at all. Brandish' not doing this physically.

If she were, the landmass and people affected would be crushed via compression instead of staying unfazed. She's not changing the GPE. The GPE is affected as a collateral effect.
Her not doing it physically doesn't matter lol. She is still using her Magic power to do it.

GPE being a "collateral" affect is not a counter either. Lifting an object changes the GPE of the object as well and that is a "collateral" affect of lifting the object, I don't even know why you thought it is a relevant counter.

In case of lifting an object, distance from the centre of the earth is changing while here, the mass of the object is changing. They're both collateral affects of some actions.

We solve them both using energy conservation equations

And she's not doing any of those things. As you said, the GPE of a lifted object is a collateral effect just like how it is for size shifting it.

Size Manipulation has no value and you already said that the GPE change isn't what Brandish does. There's no value for changing the size of something no matter how hard you argue for it without discovering a reliable formula.

GPE is a no, and the PE of the Island lifting isn't done by her but a rock she increased in size.

We just don't specifically use it that's all. The change in PE when you lift something is actually the change in the object's Gravitational Potential Energy

Brandish changes the PE of an object she shrinks. And that change in PE is the change in GPE.

Just like how the change in PE while lifting something is the change in GPE

In Brandish's case, she does work against Gravity and increases the object's PE by changing it's Mass. (PE is relative. Change in PE is what matters. You can assign the PE of an object on ground as 100023J if you want to, nothing wrong with it. But the PE would be higher when you lift it or decrease the mass that's all)

In Lifting, we do work against Gravity and increase the object's PE by changing it's distance from the centre of the earth.

They both involve doing work against Gravity and changing the PE of an object. I guess I am as clear as I could be this time.

If it still doesn't work, then sure ig

Wow, new thread already... we really blew through the last one

On another note, you would not multiply Natsu's rating by 100,000,000 to get Aldron's AP, it was his HP that was that high, there's no correlation between HP and AP, you would need to find out how much damage Aldoron can do to himself in one attack for the multiplier to be legit

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Wow, new thread already... we really blew through the last one
On another note, you would not multiply Natsu's rating by 100,000,000 to get Aldron's AP, it was his HP that was that high, there's no correlation between HP and AP, you would need to find out how much damage Aldoron can do to himself in one attack for the multiplier to be legit
that would be his durability in this wiki. if his ap scales to durability then sure, but i agree that we need to wait for his AP.

HP would be the equivalent of stamina rather than dura. All we know is that his dura is far higher than Natsu's AP and around Acno's.

Instead of the Uranus cannons and Ignia's statement, the Council should have dropped their own Etherion only to fail. Gives the perfect excuse to draw enormous collateral if everything is gone.

AnonymousBlank said:
Instead of the Uranus cannons and Ignia's statement, the Council should have dropped their own Etherion only to fail. Gives the perfect excuse to draw enormous collateral if everything is gone.
Etherion has been gone since Tower of Heaven (that is why Alvarez has the guts to invade Ishgar after all aside from Face has also been gone since Tartarus), the Council can no longer fire it anymore.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
AnonymousBlank said:
Etherion has been gone since Tower of Heaven (that is why Alvarez has the guts to invade Ishgar after all aside from Face has also been gone since Tartarus), the Council can no longer fire it anymore.
Correction, it has been gone since Tartaros since they destroyed the means to use it.

I don't think anyone suggested that.

But one might say you would need 100,000,000x(Natsu's AP) to one hit KO Aldoron or that anyone who might be able to one hit KO could be scaled to it.

also, the wording on the three is also iffy. if natsu chips off all of the 100,000,000 health points he has, he MIGHT defeat aldoron?

oh well, at least we kinda have an idea on how strong natsu needs to be to one shot a dragon god.

100,000,000x more powerful

That means Natsu would have to be 1 Exaton to one-shot Aldoron, that does work with the math

But sadly we hae no idea how much Aldoron's power would do to himself, like he should be able do at least 2,000 damage to himself, that would make sense with the scaling

dragon can hurt each other, so i dont see the difference between his AP and Durability being hundreds of times appart.

Tfw when people try to correct you on what you said but they didn't even pay attention to the words. I said "their ow Etherion" ie whatever equivalent they could have had considering their tech level and wealth is greater than Ishgar's from the little we see. Better Jupiter's, better airships than Alvarez, a standing navy etc. I was presenting a hypothetical that the author could have gone with to make it easier for big feats which was fairly obvious but people want to nitpick something that wasn't even said instead.

Irene adds her magic power to the ground and changes it, that's how she makes Universe One, Then she could blow it up instead of making Universe One ? she has already done this on a much smaller scale

I already said it though? Meh. Perceive me how you want. Opinions exist for a reason.

Still don't get why U1 is treated as hax. Prep sure but she specifically compressed Fiore to 1/20th the size altering the landscape all over the place. That should be an AP feat no matter how you cut it seeing as it isn't size manip like Command T.

It's hax, because after Irene died, the country returned to normal, there wasn't any actual lasting damage, meaning that there was no physical moving of said landmass, it was all basically a teleportation feat, which sadly does not qualify for a legit AP feat

Big gey. Now I want ghost Irene to do it just to show being alive has nothing to do with it and she just reversed of her own accord.

ShadowGun45 said:
Irene adds her magic power to the ground and changes it, that's how she makes Universe One, Then she could blow it up instead of making Universe One ? she has already done this on a much smaller scale
well it is still usable for how much she compressed to get the energy from it or as means of pulverization and then recreation from it.

But she didn't actually pulverize or compress the country, it was mere teleportation, everything returned to normal after Irene died, so no actual damage or physical power was done

It doesn't qualify as an AP feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back