• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Dragon Cry Upgrades

This may be spoilers to some of you but I believe with the new movie coming out it helps us really gauge the power of the Fairy Tail verse. Just know that at the end the big bad dragon who wants to destroy the entire continent of ishgar with the help of the magical power of the Dragon Cry wand (This is said to have 10's of times more power than the Etherion cannon, which we already rate as a High 6-B Feat) This is further demonstrated where Magic circles appear not only over the country of fiore but the earthland continent and lastly Natsu with just a portion of his E.N.D. power oneshotted the Dragon King Animus which makes sense since he's suppose to be stronger than a base Acnologia

I forgot to add that the movie is canon since it takes place between chapters 436 and 437 (in between that 5-day period) as well as Erza referencing it in the manga saying that they can't beat Acnologia because the Dragon Cry no longer exists...

Please show scans. And IIRC Hiro didn't even make the movie. I could make the argument that Strong World in One Piece is cannon since The movie is set between the Thriller Bark Arc and the Sabaody Archipelago Arc, as Brook is shown alongside the other Straw Hat Pirates (making this his first movie appearance), and Sengoku and Garp are still in their positions in the Marines.

Acnologia's relationship with Sonya(a character from Dragon Cry) has been developed in the movie, and then referenced in the manga.

More than that, we actually have a set timeline of when the events happened.

More than that, Natsu's "Half'-Dragon" form takes the left side of his body - and in the battle against Zeref, Natsu's Dragon force also takes the left side of his body.

Hiro was excetuive producer or something and the movie is mentioned in the manga in chapter 443.

That said continent lvl thing is iffy as it looked more like that the dragon cry contains more magical power, but not greature destruction at least not in a single shot.

Also, where did you get him being stronger than Acnologia?

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I'm sorry but your last sentence makes no sense.
How so?

Natsu Half-Dragon
T532 006
It's quite noticeable really. So not only does Natsu have his bandages in the movie, once again confirming the timeline, his new "form" is later canonized in Natsu's fight against Zeref.
And these aren't even the main points. The main point is that Sonya is referenced by Acnologia in the manga.

Btw, I'm arguing that Dragon Cry is canon, not that Acnologia continent level or what not. The Dragon Cry's power might have had 10 times the power of Etherion, but the Dragon never really used it in battle, so I myself am iffy on that.

Which is why i didn't correct you on those. However the point your talking about now, it seems like nothing but a fan theory due to the design. This seems more like a coincidence to me.

Honestly i would drop that reasoning as its true that's only a fan theory as it was never officially confirmed. That said being mentioned in manga looks as good enough if s proof.

Now, I am not salty, but how could you not mention Erza's new armor(cloth) and the abilty to use Grand Chariot lol

Also, Nibker Natsu one shotting Acnologia is considered an outlier so no it doesn't have sense...

Also, again where did ya find Animus being stronger than Acno.

E.N.D at his full power was mentioned to be stronger than Acnologia (the old one) however the one we see in the future that devoured the ravines of time and got stronger shouldn't be oneshotted by E.N.D. if anything he's equal probably even stronger. That's why he needed all of the dragon slayers magical power in combination of his already immense power to beat him I'm not seeing the outlier though

Honestly, if the only safest Natsu's last form has is beating Acno, I don't know why it would be considered an outlier.

Nibbler3100 said:
E.N.D at his full power was mentioned to be stronger than Acnologia (the old one) however the one we see in the future that devoured the ravines of time and got stronger shouldn't be oneshotted by E.N.D. if anything he's equal probably even stronger. That's why he needed all of the dragon slayers magical power in combination of his already immense power to beat him I'm not seeing the outlier though

Normal Acnologia is High 6-C. So i don't see your point. Natsu was never stated to be stronger than Ravens of Time Acnologia. And not only is Natsu one shotting Acnologia an outlier, it's also borderline Plot Induced Stupidity.

E.N.D was never ever mentioned to be more powerful than Acnologia.

You only think that because Igneel and Mard geer comments on Acno being afraid of him but Acnologia laughed his ass off on that comment. Plus E.N.D was shown and yeah, he is weak. Couldn't even fight off Gray.

Even Zeref the creator of E.N.D said Natsu would never stand a chance against Acnologia. He even mentioned it would of been better if Natsu became a dragon.

For the movie I want you to remember that the little dragon Natsu beat was causally destroyed by Acnologia with other two dragons and seemingly Acno did that in his Human form.

The outlier is this.

When they were more or less at full power all their attack combined didn't even make a scratch in fact he toy around with them with his finger so you can't tell me that even thou they were at full power and boosted by Wendy and did no damage they later were able to give Natsu enough power to beat Acnologia after they got their ass kicked so bad most of them couldn't even walk.

Another reason for an outlier is the fact even after Natsu got their powers and clashed with Acnolgoia he said "I can't win" and right after that statement he one shots.

Another reason for an outlier is God Serena being stronger than all of them with Natsu included (except for his high 6-C boosts) and he got one shot so fast that he didn't even realise he is dead and these dragon slayers literraly survived hits by an even more powerful Acnolgoia than when he killed Serena with his bare hand.

So yes Natsu beating Acno is stupid and an immense outlier.

That's a fair point I forgot how acnologia laughed at that remark but E.N.D.'s power was never really shown in the manga he just took a small portion of the devil seed from inside of him in the movie he manifested at least half of his power.

You make alot of sense that's just the usual friendship b.s. then

So I guess the only thing I really wanted to upgrade was the people in Acnologia's Tier such as Igneel where you said yourself Natsu is so much weaker than him even with END he still casually eliminated an enemy that was 6-A level through the Dragon Cry

This scaling make no sense as Acnologia is High 6-B only through the Ravines of Time, not in previous forms.

That dragon wasn't 6-A. Dragon cry simple has a greater amount of magical energy than etherion just like Face did, but it's weaker in terms of destructive capacity and there a tons of proofs of that in the movie as well.

Dragon cry is just like fairy heart, great amount of magical energy, but not destructive capacity as that depends on the wielder only.

The only proof I am going to mention as its the only important is the fact that the same Dragon couldn't one shot Natsu in his base. In FT the amount of magical energy isn't proportional to Attack potency.

Back