• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. First off, let's discuss Natsu. We currently backscale his base to 5-B+ from Suzaku, since we apparently agreed that his pre-Dogramag fight base is inferior to Suzaku despite the fight being rather close base to base. However, while this is the case before the Dogramag Arc, by the end of the arc this is not the case.

First off, when Dragon Form Dogramag uses Earth Dragon God's Ji Korumea, both Natsu and Suzaku emerge from it only for Suzaku to say he has used up most of his power and collapses, while Natsu at this point is still more than capable of pushing forward as we see. Thus, Post-Dogramag fight Natsu's durability is not only comparable to Suzaku's, but should flat-out downscale from Dragon Dogramag (who is superior to the Human Form DG's like Selene) due to taking the hit and getting back up.

This leads into the next point, where a Suzaku with next to no energy left (per his own words) tells Natsu to channel his energy into Suzaku's sword and do a Unison Raid, which kills Dragon Form Dogramag. Like with virtually every other Unison Raid we've used for FT scaling on this wiki, Base Natsu should've contributed at least half of his energy to the Unison Raid, although considering that Suzaku had run out of energy himself and flat out told Natsu to channel his energy to power the sword, this is a very big lowball.

So regardless if we make Base Natsu equal to 1/2 of Dragon Dogramag or not, he should get a post-Dogramag fight key that is the same tier as Suzaku. We have a post-Kirin fight key for Laxus since he clearly got stronger between the start and end of his fight with Kirin, so it makes sense for Natsu to get one too.

Long story short: Natsu should get a post-Dogramag fight key, as his durability downscales to Baseline 5-A from Dragon Dogramag due to enduring his Ji Korumea, and he contributed at minimum half of the Unison Raid that killed Dragon Dogramag, likely more since Suzaku was out of energy.

If possible we could just scale Base Post-Dogra Natsu to 1/2 of Dragon Dogra, aka 2.76 yottatons.

2. Sting was even with Natsu in an arm-wrestling match until the latter pulled out FDKM, so he (and likely also Rogue) should scale to Post-Dogramag Base Natsu.

3. God Serena blocked a punch from a serious Base Natsu and was considered pretty strong by Base Gray, so he should at least be comparable to Base Natsu/Gray.

Hard disagree till we see more of this Natsu fighting

It is made evidently clear Base Natsu is weaker than Suzaku, Dogramag wasn’t trying to kill Base Natsu, while he was trying to kill Suzaku, and it’s sorta inplied Suzaku did more against the Ji Korumea, also the Unison Raid is very different from all other ones, Suzaku gives it to Natsu and gives him all his power in the sword, Base Natsu also clearly isn’t nearly as strong as Dragon Form Dogramag… FDKM just barely overpowered Human Dogramag… Fire Dragon’s Slash is clearly above FDKM, meaning at least 4x above Base Natsu

Hard disagree till we see more of this Natsu fighting

It is made evidently clear Base Natsu is weaker than Suzaku
Before the Dogramag fight, yes.

But this is at the end of the Dogramag fight, and Base Natsu by the end of this fight provided at least half of the energy to kill Dragon Dogramag (likely more), so he likely just got stronger over the course of the fight like Laxus did with Kirin.

Also Natsu should just flat out downscale to Baseline 5-A from taking Dragon Dogra's attack and getting back up with moderate injuries.

This doesn't apply to Suzaku fight Natsu.

And what do you think of God Serena and Sting both scaling to Natsu?

Before the Dogramag fight, yes.

But this is at the end of the Dogramag fight, and Base Natsu by the end of this fight provided at least half of the energy to kill Dragon Dogramag (likely more), so he likely just got stronger over the course of the fight like Laxus did with Kirin.

Also Natsu should just flat out downscale to Baseline 5-A from taking Dragon Dogra's attack and getting back up with moderate injuries.

This doesn't apply to Suzaku fight Natsu.

And what do you think of God Serena and Sting both scaling to Natsu?
Once again, this isn’t worth an entire new key yet, he has one feat and it’s scuffed to say Base Natsu is half of Fire Dragon’s Slash when the move is clearly stronger than FDKM, which is at least 4x above Base Natsu

Natsu surviving one attack from a dude way stronger than him does not make him downscale in Base Durability… He just insane endurance… I mean unless we wanna start giving every other Natsu better durability for surviving blows from people way above him like Hades, Acnologia, Mercphobia, and Aldoron

Once again, this isn’t worth an entire new key yet, he has one feat and it’s scuffed to say Base Natsu is half of Fire Dragon’s Slash when the move is clearly stronger than FDKM, which is at least 4x above Base Natsu

Natsu surviving one attack from a dude way stronger than him does not make him downscale in Base Durability… He just insane endurance… I mean unless we wanna start giving every other Natsu better durability for surviving blows from people way above him like Hades, Acnologia, Mercphobia, and Aldoron
He endured it better than Suzaku did.

But fine, we can wait before we upgrade Base Natsu then.

What do you think about Serena and Sting scaling as described in the OP?

He endured it better than Suzaku did.

But fine, we can wait before we upgrade Base Natsu then.

What do you think about Serena and Sting scaling as described in the OP?
I mean I’m still waiting to see more of Sting and God Serena first…

Patience dude, we have to see them actually let loose before we do anything major

Yeah, this thread is kinda jumping the gun a bit, let's see how this arc plays out first. Sting does have some nice supporting scaling so far but nothing concrete, and I want to see more from Serena before making any determinations.

I'm fine with waiting for more feats and such.

But this:
Dogramag wasn’t trying to kill Base Natsu, while he was trying to kill Suzaku
Isn't correct. He was trying to leave Natsu alive at first, but toward the end of the fight, he internally apologized to Ignia, saying that he was gonna start going for the kill on Natsu

I'm fine with waiting for more feats and such.

But this:

Isn't correct. He was trying to leave Natsu alive at first, but toward the end of the fight, he internally apologized to Ignia, saying that he was gonna start going for the kill on Natsu
I know, but I refer to why Natsu and Suzaku were portrayed as comparable earlier in the fight against Human Dogramag

Yep.

I know, but I refer to why Natsu and Suzaku were portrayed as comparable earlier in the fight against Human Dogramag
I know Dogra was holding back until the end of the fight, I was referring to when both took Dragon Dogra's attack head-on, yet Natsu came out in much better shape than Suzaku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back