• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Chapter 96 to Chapter 99 Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true, but Suzaku doesn't actually hinder the scaling, based on our scale above...

Base Laxus and Strongest Armors Erza<Dragon Form Irene<Ultimate Magic Form August<Base Zeref<Dragon Force Natsu<Dragonization Natsu<Human Form Acnologia<=Human Form Dragon Gods<=Suzaku, Haku, Masaki<=Kirin

Base Laxus and Strongest Armors Erza are backscaling to baseline, but they're still consistently lower on the scaling chain
Not to mention that Erza was likely exhausted from fighting Yoko

I'm staying out of the speed debate, but the AP looks gud.

Edit: Wait a sec, why does Limit Break Natsu go to 2 teratons? I know he upscales from 1.72 but I don't think we usually scale him to the nearest whole number, right?

I'm staying out of the speed debate, but the AP looks gud.

Edit: Wait a sec, why does Limit Break Natsu go to 2 teratons? I know he upscales from 1.72 but I don't think we usually scale him to the nearest whole number, right?
Limit Break Natsu is already High 6-A, the other Limit Break Characters are 2 Teratons because they’re stronger than FDKM Natsu being amped by at least 2x
Looks good.

Edit: I share the same opinion on the Wendy thing, a SoL shouldn't be able to blitz a Rel+ character since they'd be able to perceive them.

I have a solution, let's downgrade her High Hypersonic instead
I can just leave her speed untouched at 10% SoL

I frankly don’t care much about Wendy’s speed, and am entirely willing to nuke that speed rating

Looks good.

Edit: I share the same opinion on the Wendy thing, a SoL shouldn't be able to blitz a Rel+ character since they'd be able to perceive them.

I have a solution, let's downgrade her High Hypersonic instead
The weird thing about this though is that one minute he blitzes her, but the next minute she's actually able to react to and clash with him. Honestly, because of that, it seems like she was caught off-guard at first because Haku was being a simp just a moment ago.

The weird thing about this though is that one minute he blitzes her, but the next minute she's actually able to react to and clash with him. Honestly, because of that, it seems like she was caught off-guard at first because Haku was being a simp just a moment ago.
That is a tad bit confusing not gonna lie, I'd probably compile the entire fight and see what's more consistent between her keeping up with him and him blitzing her.

That is a tad bit confusing not gonna lie, I'd probably compile the entire fight and see what's more consistent between her keeping up with him and him blitzing her.
TL;DR Haku was busy simping for Wendy so Wendy wasn't really on guard (dude literally jumped into her attack because he was down bad) and then suddenly he gets serious and rushes at her.

Given that she reacts to him and clashes with him later, it's safe to say she was off-guard because of his simping.

Wendy reacted to Haku who was at least 3 meters away from her, so I doubt anyone with 10% the speed of light would be able to react to that attack. I think scaling Wendy to 50% SoL would make more sense than 99% SoL.

TL;DR Haku was busy simping for Wendy so Wendy wasn't really on guard (dude literally jumped into her attack because he was down bad) and then suddenly he gets serious and rushes at her.

Given that she reacts to him and clashes with him later, it's safe to say she was off-guard because of his simping.
What time to be alive lmao.
Wendy reacted to Haku who was at least 3 meters away from her, so I doubt anyone with 10% the speed of light would be able to react to that attack. I think scaling Wendy to 50% SoL would make more sense than 99% SoL.
This actually makes sense to me.

Backscaling from Baseline Light Speed to Baseline Relativistic+ sadly doesn't work based on VSBW rules

Either she scales to Light Speed, she backscales to peak Relativistic+, or we just list her as faster than before

One of those

Faster than before makes the most sense to me, give that the speed gap between them might seem big in the manga but mathematically with her current speed she should be able to react to light speed without getting Blitzed to hell and back.

The gap between them going by numbers isn't really large enough to the point where she'd in stagnant in comparison to Haku. I think also with Haku gives us much more reliable speed scaling than before tbh.

Backscaling from Baseline Light Speed to Baseline Relativistic+ sadly doesn't work based on VSBW rules

Either she scales to Light Speed, she backscales to peak Relativistic+, or we just list her as faster than before

One of those
it's not possible calculate Wendy's reaction ? it would be so much easier if we could just do that.

can we say that her reaction is SoL? as for your movement speed, just leave it as "much faster than before".

it's not possible calculate Wendy's reaction ? it would be so much easier if we could just do that.

can we say that her reaction is SoL? as for your movement speed, just leave it as "much faster than before".
No, there's no good calc, the one speed comparison that we can directly calc based on the shots we have is them matching each other in speed

the first time, Wendy took blitz because she was surprised that Haku was fast, but soon after she reacted to the haku, but her wind magic couldn't hit him. so, it made me wonder if it's not just wind magic that is far inferior to Haku.

laxus should only get SoL with Red lightning, after all, Kirin wasn't even fighting Laxus Base seriously.

Last edited:
Can't we calc Wendy's punch similar how the Natsu and Laxus punch was way back when?
Wendy moves her arm arguably a greater distance than Haku, no matter how you look at it, that punch is faster than or equal is my point

Wendy moves her arm arguably a greater distance than Haku, no matter how you look at it, that punch is faster than or equal is my point
OMWzmke.jpg

That's why she was going to be Speed of Light, but people took issue with that, so we need to decide what to do with Wendy's speed before we can conclude this thread
the first time, Wendy took blitz because she was surprised that Haku was fast, but soon after she reacted to the haku, but her wind magic couldn't hit him. so, it made me wonder if it's not just wind magic that is far inferior to Haku.²

This is wank haku is never implied that he is going all out against wendy he looks like he is just messing with her hence instead of being shock he was happy that they touched.

This is wank haku is never implied that he is going all out against wendy he looks like he is just messing with her hence instead of being shock he was happy that they touched.
Even if he wasn't going all out, his suppressed self was moving at the Speed of Light so moot point regardless.

That's why she was going to be Speed of Light, but people took issue with that, so we need to decide what to do with Wendy's speed before we can conclude this thread
I have no issue with SoL Wendy, she moved her arm at the same time as haku and met half way. That means she's basically equal to him in speed and shouldn't be something like 2 times slower or anything.

Even if he wasn't going all out, his suppressed self was moving at the Speed of Light so moot point regardless.
his full speed is presumably the SOL one which the one that wendy couldn't react and what's with 3x faster than the speed of light wendy when she could barely keep up with not even light speed haku lmao

I think "At least Relativistic, possibly Speed of Light" is fine TBH
why would we keep at least relativistic, Wendy literally has a feat of moving as fast as Haku in Base with their punch clash, if she was relativistic she would have been out sped and punched by Haku, but that isn't what's happened at all in the manga. The arguments opposed to this are basically arguments from incredulity.

why would we keep at least relativistic, Wendy literally has a feat of moving as fast as Haku in Base with their punch clash, if she was relativistic she would have been out sped and punched by Haku, but that isn't what's happened at all in the manga. The arguments opposed to this are basically arguments from incredulity.
I'm just trying to work with what we got here

It's undeniable that Base Wendy did in fact match Haku in speed, but it's also undeniable that the narrative implies she's supposed to be slower than him

Which we had no way of knowing if that speed is the same speed he used at the beginning. But no matter how you look at it he really looks like he is just playing around. If playing around means 99% to y'all okay //

Downscaling to Relativistic+ makes most sense to me, as it addresses Wendy moving at a similar speed to Haku when clashing with him while also maintaining that she is overall inferior.

Haku outspeeding Wendy the first time comes from her being caught off-guard because he was simping for her the whole fight beforehand. No doubt he's faster, but still.

If the consensus is for a downgrade of Wendy's speed then I will agree with it.

Also, I support Wendy's post-Elentir key being called "High Enchanter"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back