• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail ability Revisions *Not April Fools related*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. While I do see your point, there is still a huge difference here than light reflecting off a mirror. A mirror reflects light by exciting silver though a glass pane. This is not the case here as there is no medium to reflect the light with reflector.

2. Zeref has a statement about Mard Geer not being able to kill him, The burden of proof is on you to prove Zeref is wrong. You've been speculating yourself haven't you? Regarding Zeref's movements, what we have definitive proof on is that Zeref was at Tartaros during the Arc watching Natsu and monitoring Mard Geer's plans He also didn't leave Tartaros as he was shown to just walk up on Natsu and co. after he took the Book of END.

3. Zeref (539.6 GT) vaporized Larcade (8.08 GT) and if you divide them you get 66x which would be our Vaporization number (This is assuming Zeref used his full power). Acnologia is 37.1TT so divide by 539.6 GT and you get 70x. So Acno should be able to Vaporize if Zeref could do it with pure power alone.

I mean people have had their entire bodies completely destroyed before, like Ikusa-Tsunagi, Larcade, and August, so Zeref likely could survive the destruction of his body

bump again. and after this i would like to bring acnologia Type 1 immortality stuff as well,it was removed without any crt

1. That's what Reclector does. And again, it's not interacting with a truly intangible being. Reflector bends magic and elements but that doesn't qualify for NPI even if it does to light because light is a physical particle.

2.Mard wouldn't kill him either. That was the point in creating Memento Mori.

3. That's calc stacking.

The Calaca said:
because light is a physical particle.
By this logic wouldn't that mean we have to remove intangibility from the profiles of any character with intangibility reliant on transforming into light? I was always under the impression that he reason we grant intangibility to these sort of characters is because while light is a particle it is a particle that cannot be physically interacted with under regular circumstances, and as such we'd need to classify it as a form of intangibility.

Elemental Intangibility is still listed as a form of intangibility on the page.

"Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks."

Y'know...like all Logias...

The Calaca said:
3. That's calc stacking.
Also this point isn't calc stacking. Calc stacking is using a predetermined calc result to calculate a new and unrelated feat, the point here isn't calcing a new feat instead it's pointing out the difference between 2 characters using 2 pre-existing feats. The logic that because Zeref can vape Lacarde with a 66* difference, Acno can vape Zeref with a 70* difference can reasonably be refuted- no question about that- but dismissing it as calc stacking is wrong

tbh now that I think about it, wouldn't spatial manip be assumed to work on elemental intangs?

Reflector warps space and light still has a physical presence within that space so there wouldn't need NPI for elements to be added

same for Silver freezing fire, it's an elemental attack being used on an element so it wouldn't need NPI

Weirdly enough Midnight doesn't have spatial manipulation on his profile even though his power is described as spatial manipulation in the series

What are the summarised conclusions here?

So what still needs to be done here in summary?

The ffg require further discussion;

-Midnight's Non-physical interaction

-Zeref's resistance to conceptual manipulation and existence erasure

-Zeref's Regenerationn

I think Midnight's NPI discussion could be solved by giving him spatial manipulation as that is what Reflector does and explains why he would be able to effect light.

Thanks. You can ask some staff members listed in the Fairy Tail verse page to help out with evaluations if you wish.

Isn't the NPI just Limited Light Manip? I don't think we consider affecting elements as feasible basis for NPI, at least considering it too mundane to warrant that.

Regen I'd disagree with, while he notes Acnologia couldn't kill him, that could be interpreted just as a durability boast rather than "Hey I know you can vaporize and I WILL be vaporized by you, comparatively inferior opponent, but I'll still survive because surprisingly I have a secret High-Mid never mentioned elsewhere"

The Resistances follow somewhat similar logic? The problem here is these are considerably open to interpretation as to how Zeref would survive these, not necessarily implying "oh he just tanks them", that is, they're implying he is refering to tanking their hits, could just imply Zeref is at the point so superior in strength he would ROFLstomp these fellas before they affect him.

Agree with spatial manipulation for Midnight instead of NPI.

Neutral on Zeref having concept resistance, though the scans seem to imply Memento Mori could kill him.

Neutral on Zeref's regen.

@Zark regarding the resistance matter; the issue with assuming Zeref would just stomp them b4 they can cast their abilities on him faces issue when u consider that Zeref is suicidal, and the demons were created with the express intent to carry out his murder. Him creating them then simply crushing them b4 they have the opportunity to try and murder him goes against his motives.

But again, it is up to interpretation regardless as to that just implies he had the possibility of being affected by them physically in the first place or not.

At best I'd prefer if these are listed as a "Possibly".

Regen is still no.

@Zark2099

The problem with your reasoning is the context of the statements, as Zeref openly admits that he wants to die or get rid of his immortality. The whole reason he even came up with Neo eclipse was because nothing he tried or knew of could kill him which would include Lost Aspect. Using a spell with it applied erases the casters existence.

And the current arguments against EE Resistance are all purely based on speculation about whether Zeref knew about MM or not. I'll admit if Zeref had no connection to the Tartaros arc than his statement about Mard Geer being unable to kill would be wishy washy, but by him literally being at Tartaros and keeping a close eye on the revival of E.N.D the entire arc shuts this argument down, because saying he is less likely to know about it doesn't work.

The point was, nothing could kill Zeref, so since EE is a thing and exists in several forms of magic, Zref should resist it

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
The point was, nothing could kill Zeref, so since EE is a thing and exists in several forms of magic, Zref should resist it
possibly ? i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back