• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 2018 Anime Discussion Thread

Latest episode was great, animation was fairly good, Laxus's attack was epic, and Mavis and Zeref's backstory is next, and I love their story

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Latest episode was great, animation was fairly good, Laxus's attack was epic, and Mavis and Zeref's backstory is next, and I love their story
Laxus attacl was the best thing im the episode

Laxus's attack was great. Also really liked Natsu's speech. The ost and Flashbacks were on point!

But I have a huge complaint about the anime, and it's the pacing. They are putting 3 chapters per episode, which is way too much. 2 chapters per episode was already quite a lot for the pacing(It was alright though), but 3 chapters is way too fast.

There's not enough time for certain moments to sink in, since we move on to the next one almost immediately.

I feel like that feeling is only because the manga is read, every week you had the ability to sit on a chapter and think about it, the anime has adapted everything and hasn't skipped the material, and it's similar to when I read the manga in succsession, it's fast pace, also it's likely because you know the story a head of time, so it's easy to think it's rushed

• But I have a huge complaint about the anime, and it's the pacing. They are putting 3 chapters per episode, which is way too much. 2 chapters per episode was already quite a lot for the pacing(It was alright though), but 3 chapters is way too fast.
There's not enough time for certain moments to sink in, since we move on to the next one almost immediately. </div> Remember 2nd episode of the series(2018) either they give you annouyning flash back or filler(but i support some filler scene, like the add laxus vs tempester in tratraous arc) or just adapt enough ch to make a episode

FT has always adapted 1.5 - 2 chapters per episode, and it worked perfectly before. Hiro didn't suddenly quicken his pacing in the manga. The anime however, currently is going on quite fast.

There are ~130 chapters that FT is going to adapt into 51 episodes total. Also, I'd rather have some filler scenes added than run through the content too fast.

We actually don't know if it's 51 episodes or not, it might go to 60, and maybe they're slightly rushing through this stuff, to make the later stuff longer and better

I think myanimelist announced that we will have 51 episodes in total. Also, anime seasons usually have a specific number, so I doubt we'll get more "bonus" or "prolonged" stuff.

51 is confirmed cause ft mega collection will have 329 episode (or something like that) check ft websote for morr info

Man, the latest episode was so good, Mavis and Zeref's story was great, and Rita's death had a ton of impact compared to the manga

The episode was good af, and animation was clear, btw amyone how to upload gif from mobile /pc here?

I still think Mavis didn't mention the part about sleeping with Zeref to the guild, to avoid telling them that she slept with the lord of darkness, who is now trying to kill them

@Blackejan

I don't think she knows they were brothers until after they fought, she never mentions it before

@1997KD

August is the Biological son of Zeref and Mavis, he was made Naturally, and as you can see in the scan below, they had "moments" together before Mavis "Died", point is, Mavis left out the part where they got busy when she was telling the story to her guild

Zeref and Mavis get "Busy"

Yes, it didn't happen in that chapter, but it happened when Zeref amd Mavis conffessed their love for eachother Lorewise

I wanted to see everyone's reaction when they find out that Natsu was END. Oh well, though I do have a feeling we'll see him in 100 Year manga

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Blackejan

I don't think she knows they were brothers until after they fought, she never mentions it before

@1997KD

August is the Biological son of Zeref and Mavis, he was made Naturally, and as you can see in the scan below, they had "moments" together before Mavis "Died", point is, Mavis left out the part where they got busy when she was telling the story to her guild
  • nosebleed* <bye bye>

Well, the new opening is great, and I love the visuals, but... those poor anime only's

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Well, the new opening is great, and I love the visuals, but... those poor anime only's
At least it stayed true to the theme of FT openings, by spoiling everything that will happen.

Back